Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#541 jennyjean7

jennyjean7
  • Newbie
  • 37 posts

    Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

    Hi everyone! I was trying to find that list of brides to add myself to the list, but couldn't find it :-(

    So here is my post to introduce myself in the specific thread for the resort!

    My wedding date is March 17, 2009...I didn't realize it was St Patty's day until after someone told me...then I saw that the resort will be serving green beer on that day

    #542 Melissa24

    Melissa24
    • Newbie
    • 35 posts

      Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MonoAmor
      Hey ladies,

      I was wondering if any of you brought or had children at your weddings. We are bring 2 little flowergirls with us and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Kids Club or any childrens services. Their parents are a little nervous about making sure the girls are watched carefully if they leave them at the Kids area.

      As I'm writing this I'm realizing how much there is to do in less than 2 months! I have to admit I've been procrastinating too much of this planning business!:
      My niece and nephew are joining us for the big day, and at the time of the wedding they will be 5 and 7 years old. Lizet has told me numerous times that the kids are watched around the clock and most of the time parents have to drag them kicking and screaming back to the room.

      I know from other vacations at all inclusive places I have taken, that kids that have been dropped off in "daycare" have tons of fun and there is always multiple adults around to keep the busy and happy!

      #543 jodylynn007

      jodylynn007
      • Newbie
      • 99 posts

        Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by B&J2008
        AFter much debate, we have decided to ship our stuff for OOT bags and reception decor. I just don't want to have to put it in suitcases, we have so much. I'm just going to risk it and ship it. I'll have tracking # and getting insurance, so that makes me feel a little better. I'm shipping this weekend!...wish me luck. I'm going to hopefully post my planning post soon too.
        Hello there, like you I too have decided to ship the non-essentials to Dreams ahead of time. Packed in my mother and father's suitcase is the turqoise tulle for the gazebo and chairs, my turquoise table runners I had made up, and our sand ceremony vases.

        Packed in a box to be shipped out within about a week from now are my wedding favors (tea light beach themed candles), shell placecard holders for the dinner, my starfish for the chairs, seashells (because apparently they are expensive to purchase in Tulum), garter, and wedding programs that my father made up. Basically the stuff we could life without, but would prefer not to is being shipped and the stuff mentioned above that is going with my parents is the stuff I couldn't imagine not having on the special day.

        I hope the shipping stuff ahead of time works for everyone! I will let you all know after I get back!! :) Wedding is Nov 5/08.

        #544 B&J2008

        B&J2008
        • Jr. Member
        • 266 posts

          Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jodylynn007
          Hello there, like you I too have decided to ship the non-essentials to Dreams ahead of time. Packed in my mother and father's suitcase is the turqoise tulle for the gazebo and chairs, my turquoise table runners I had made up, and our sand ceremony vases.

          Packed in a box to be shipped out within about a week from now are my wedding favors (tea light beach themed candles), shell placecard holders for the dinner, my starfish for the chairs, seashells (because apparently they are expensive to purchase in Tulum), garter, and wedding programs that my father made up. Basically the stuff we could life without, but would prefer not to is being shipped and the stuff mentioned above that is going with my parents is the stuff I couldn't imagine not having on the special day.

          I hope the shipping stuff ahead of time works for everyone! I will let you all know after I get back!! :) Wedding is Nov 5/08.
          Well, as I so often do, I changed my mind about shipping. We checked some prices and they seemed outrageous. I checked with my airline about baggage fees and found out they have no baggage fees at all for international flights! We each get two checked bags and a carry on, so hopefully we can fit all in 6 bags! If not, we will just have to pay for one extra bag which won't be bad. It probably would be so much easier to ship, but we are just going to lug it all with us! I def would like to know how the shipping turned out though.

          #545 Theresa08

          Theresa08
          • Newbie
          • 27 posts

            Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:58 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MonoAmor
            Hey ladies,

            I was wondering if any of you brought or had children at your weddings. We are bring 2 little flowergirls with us and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Kids Club or any childrens services. Their parents are a little nervous about making sure the girls are watched carefully if they leave them at the Kids area.

            As I'm writing this I'm realizing how much there is to do in less than 2 months! I have to admit I've been procrastinating too much of this planning business!:
            We had a whole group of kids with us that week, 15 in total. Ages from 18 months to 17 years old. The kids that were between 5-8 went to the kids club and they loved it. They have different things for them to do all day. You don't have to sign them up for the whole day, it can just be for specific events that they have going on. My sister with the 18 month old hired a baby sitter for the night of the wedding and a few nights after and she was very comfortable with them.

            #546 SunBride

            SunBride
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,499 posts

              Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by jennyjean7
              Hi everyone! I was trying to find that list of brides to add myself to the list, but couldn't find it :-(

              So here is my post to introduce myself in the specific thread for the resort!

              My wedding date is March 17, 2009...I didn't realize it was St Patty's day until after someone told me...then I saw that the resort will be serving green beer on that day
              The bride list is on page 1, post number 4:

              http://bestdestinati....646#post471373

              I'll have to ask one of the mods to add you to our list, as the new rules don't allow us to edit our posts after more than an hour

              #547 dreamstbride

              dreamstbride
              • Jr. Member
              • 161 posts

                Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

                ^ oh no! I just noticed... Im not on that list!

                Im not on the "Brides to be" section. The one with all the info on it... I thought I had posted it... Maybe not... any how... Here's my info again, just in case! :) :) :)

                Username--- dreamstbride
                Names (optional, first names only)--- Joann & Steve
                Date & Time--- November 13 2008 (3:00pm)
                Number of guests---14 confirmed, 20 invited...
                Coordinator--- Sandra (at the beginning...) and now Landy
                Ceremony location--- Chapel
                Reception location---Massage Hut (waiting for confirmation) otherwise... It will be on the Beach
                Photographer--- We are taking a Photographer with us... Kevin Lanthier
                Videographer--- Resort videographer
                Review (link)
                Photos (link)
                Video (link)
                Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm)

                Not sure if its out of the norm... But we did have a mixer thing happening the day before the wedding. I was hoping to get all of our guests to go on a joint excursion. I know of a really neat cruise that takes you out to either Cozumel? or Isla de Mueres? were you can swim with Manta ray.

                #548 Blkatz

                Blkatz
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,025 posts

                  Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:39 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dreamstbride
                  ^ oh no! I just noticed... Im not on that list!

                  Im not on the "Brides to be" section. The one with all the info on it... I thought I had posted it... Maybe not... any how... Here's my info again, just in case! :) :) :)

                  Username--- dreamstbride
                  Names (optional, first names only)--- Joann & Steve
                  Date & Time--- November 13 2008 (3:00pm)
                  Number of guests---14 confirmed, 20 invited...
                  Coordinator--- Sandra (at the beginning...) and now Landy
                  Ceremony location--- Chapel
                  Reception location---Massage Hut (waiting for confirmation) otherwise... It will be on the Beach
                  Photographer--- We are taking a Photographer with us... Kevin Lanthier
                  Videographer--- Resort videographer
                  Review (link)
                  Photos (link)
                  Video (link)
                  Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm)

                  Not sure if its out of the norm... But we did have a mixer thing happening the day before the wedding. I was hoping to get all of our guests to go on a joint excursion. I know of a really neat cruise that takes you out to either Cozumel? or Isla de Mueres? were you can swim with Manta ray.

                  That is very cool about the cruise-can you provide the info for me? I would love to do that one day with my guests

                  #549 Madbride2009

                  Madbride2009
                  • Newbie
                  • 51 posts

                    Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

                    Can you tell me how to add an avatar pic? I've been trying but so far the technology has been lost on me!

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SunBride


                    On a related note, I think everyone should put up an avatar picture! Not necessarily a pic of you but some random little icon or picture or something. It makes it so much easier to recognize people. Am I alone in this? I know that for some people I remember their avatars more than their names.

                    Oh, and of course, welcome to our new member "marryingmybestfriend". Hope everything works out for you!


                    #550 Madbride2009

                    Madbride2009
                    • Newbie
                    • 51 posts

                      Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

                      woops... someone's asked that before! Sorry... figured it out!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users