Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#5351 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
  • Site Supporter
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sehausle 

Ladies, have a question about flowers- I received my planning packet yesterday (woohoo) and they want me to put down a specific style number - but while I like the style I do not want those colors. I've included photos of the colors I like...do you think that is enough for them to get the idea?

Specifically for centerpieces I like the container in one but the flowers in the other, I am so nervous this will become lost in translation!

I found that they did a really good job with the flowers.  I suggest being SUPER specific on the 2 month form because it sounds like a lot of girls have had problems before me.  I included photos of exactly what I wanted and acceptable alternative flowers in case the ones I wanted weren't in season.  I also forbid certain flowers like babies breath and daisies that I didn't want at the wedding. 

These are the photos I included on my 2 month form that I found on the internet, and you can see above what I ended up with:

bridesmaid bouquet?

bridesmaid bouquet option

(For the BM bouquet I requested spider mums as an alternative to the greenery found in these and more purple--I thought they really delivered!)

If all else fails or you have second thoughts, the wedding coordinator double checks everything at your initial appointment.  You can always bring more photos or specifics at that time.  :)

#5352 Sehausle

Sehausle
    • 156 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

yours came out beautifully- what are the white flowers in your bridesmaid bouquet? I am not as concerned with the flower type as I want primarily roses (though I put no lilies...will probably say no gerber daisy too) I am more concerned with color as I want very light blushes, ivory etc. and am afraid with it being Mexico it will be a little too vibrant for my style.

Originally Posted by gipsymoth 

I found that they did a really good job with the flowers.  I suggest being SUPER specific on the 2 month form because it sounds like a lot of girls have had problems before me.  I included photos of exactly what I wanted and acceptable alternative flowers in case the ones I wanted weren't in season.  I also forbid certain flowers like babies breath and daisies that I didn't want at the wedding. 

These are the photos I included on my 2 month form that I found on the internet, and you can see above what I ended up with:

bridesmaid bouquet?

bridesmaid bouquet option

(For the BM bouquet I requested spider mums as an alternative to the greenery found in these and more purple--I thought they really delivered!)

If all else fails or you have second thoughts, the wedding coordinator double checks everything at your initial appointment.  You can always bring more photos or specifics at that time.  :)

#5353 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
      • Site Supporter
      • 79 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

I think it was a type of rose, but I'm not 100% sure.  Those would definitely be pretty as a blush/ivory bouquet!  The other bride who was there during my stay had the same color scheme, so I think they can tone it down if that's what you're wanting.  Feel free to use the picture in your 2 month form and tell them that's what you want. :)

#5354 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
        • 223 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Did you have to pay extra for flowers outside the packet they send??

#5355 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
          • Site Supporter
          • 79 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Nope, I think as long as you are being reasonable they won't have a problem with tweaks to the flowers.

#5356 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
            • 223 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Oh good!  I was worried I was stuck with the options in the brochures lol.  I haven't even googled for photos of bouquets I like, ooh fun something else to look at!

#5357 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
              • Site Supporter
              • 79 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

:)  Good luck!  Let me know if anyone else has questions.  I'll probably stop checking as often pretty soon since it's all over.....

#5358 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
                • 223 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

I got my planning stuff today! Yay!!,

#5359 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hi Ladies,

Some of my professional photos are starting to trickle in, so I thought I'd share!  

Ballroom set up with 4 tables + sweetheart table.  The centerpiece shown below is the one included in the DoL package.

Tres Leches Cake

#5360 gallardo films

gallardo films
                    • Vendor
                    • 632 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Wow, cute cake topper!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users