Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#5221 jennybober

jennybober
  • Newbie
  • 14 posts

    Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

    I just posted my full review under the resort reviews section. Look out for it! 



    #5222 jennybober

    jennybober
    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

      Originally Posted by Kaci Hemiller 

      Hey everyone,

       

      We leave in just a week!!! i do have a question for the music. We rented the sound system, did most of you just bring a cd with you or how did you get the music to play with their sound system. I do have an iphone, could i put the songs on there and bring a cord to connect to their speakers?

       

      Thanks!

      You would be able to connect an ipod or iphone to the system. They have everything you need.

      Enjoy!!



      #5223 Tulumbride2013

      Tulumbride2013
      • Member
      • 670 posts

        Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

        Originally Posted by jennybober 

        I just posted my full review under the resort reviews section. Look out for it! 

        Jenny

        thanks for your review! Sounds like everything went pretty well except the few  hiccups. Congrats! You looked gorgeous



        #5224 hezmshaw

        hezmshaw
        • Jr. Member
        • 223 posts

          Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

          Anyone who has already gotten married at DT already, did they upgrade your room? If not, did you pay extra and upgrade? I'm wondering how worth it it is to pay an extra 800... Yeesh.

          #5225 texasmandy

          texasmandy
          • Newbie
          • 42 posts

            Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

            I just posted my full review under the resort reviews section. Look out for it! 

            I don't know what I'm doing wrong,but I can't find it. Can you post a link?

            #5226 Tulumbride2013

            Tulumbride2013
            • Member
            • 670 posts

              Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

              http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/6974



              #5227 taegan

              taegan
              • Newbie
              • 104 posts

                Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

                Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

                Teagan, I  and was wondering, how was the timing on your music? Did you like edit the songs to certain lengths, cutting out intros? Fade in/fade out? I'm confused on this lol... I don't want the music to sound cheesy when the tech changes the song

                I waited till 2 weeks before I started the music....sooo not the best idea haha. I actually watched videos on youtube on how to change the starting/stopping time and the fade in and out times as well because I wanted it to be as perfect as possible.

                 

                We used a homemade version of Train for our ceremony (bridesmaid entrance and my entrance) and there was a very specific part of the song I wanted to enter in with playing so I practiced with all the girls from my wedding party until we had the timing figured out...had to guess a little on how long the walk to the alter would be in the chapel but we ended up NAILING it and I was so happy. 

                 

                 I was really happy with the way the songs were changed and I would suggest altering them to your liking....I think I included the playlist for our ceremony on my review and if you need more help working on the songs just let me know and I can try :) Also try youtube...theres some gangster dudes video that actually helped me alot, I used it for every single song during the ceremony. 

                 

                Hope this helps Tulumbride :)



                #5228 taegan

                taegan
                • Newbie
                • 104 posts

                  Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

                  Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

                  Anyone who has already gotten married at DT already, did they upgrade your room?

                  If not, did you pay extra and upgrade? I'm wondering how worth it it is to pay an extra 800... Yeesh.

                  Hezmshaw,

                   

                  We got married in October there and we werent upgraded, but we were completely happy with our room and the location of it so we didn't care. Our wedding party upgraded all their rooms and werent very happy with them...the location of them sucked, far away form the buffet and the activities at night and with one of the rooms, their ocean view was a little sliver of it from the beach. So if you are going to pay the money to upgrade, maybe ask to see the room first :)



                  #5229 Tulumbride2013

                  Tulumbride2013
                  • Member
                  • 670 posts

                    Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

                    Originally Posted by taegan 

                    I waited till 2 weeks before I started the music....sooo not the best idea haha. I actually watched videos on youtube on how to change the starting/stopping time and the fade in and out times as well because I wanted it to be as perfect as possible.

                     

                    We used a homemade version of Train for our ceremony (bridesmaid entrance and my entrance) and there was a very specific part of the song I wanted to enter in with playing so I practiced with all the girls from my wedding party until we had the timing figured out...had to guess a little on how long the walk to the alter would be in the chapel but we ended up NAILING it and I was so happy. 

                     

                     I was really happy with the way the songs were changed and I would suggest altering them to your liking....I think I included the playlist for our ceremony on my review and if you need more help working on the songs just let me know and I can try :) Also try youtube...theres some gangster dudes video that actually helped me alot, I used it for every single song during the ceremony. 

                     

                    Hope this helps Tulumbride :)

                    So, was there an app for your iPhone you can recommend? 



                    #5230 taegan

                    taegan
                    • Newbie
                    • 104 posts

                      Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

                      Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

                      So, was there an app for your iPhone you can recommend? 

                      I used my Ipod, and I didnt use an app just had each portion of the ceremony seperated into playlists. I also made specific instructions for the worker who handled the music.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users