Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#5161 rootkl

rootkl
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Ladies, 

I went with Doremixx and Juan Navarro Photography. Any experience with him????

#5162 KristinT

KristinT
    • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hey! We are getting married on the 31st!! We are doing a 10 day stay, with some of our guests doing a 7 day stay. I am looking at Doremixx too, what kind of a rate did you get? I have heard lots of good things about him from this website thats for sure

#5163 KristinT

KristinT
      • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by rootkl 

Kristin,

I'm getting married in January 2014 as well! Do you have a date yet? Ours is Jan. 28! I think that we are going to do the beach for the ceremony and cocktail hour and possible one of the terraces for the reception. What other things have you planned?

I want to do a TTD at the Cenote, but so far all the photographers that do under water TTD at the Cenote's, which is what I am looking for, charge an outrageous amount for a minimal guarantee. 

We are going to do the convention centre terrace ceremony I think.... we will get pictures on the beach of course, but the Terrace seems a little more personal and gives that 'tropical wedding' feel without needing to be on the beach, some of the pictures I have seen of it are just beautiful. 

#5164 KristinT

KristinT
        • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Kristin,

I'm getting married in January 2014 as well! Do you have a date yet? Ours is Jan. 28! I think that we are going to do the beach for the ceremony and cocktail hour and possible one of the terraces for the reception. What other things have you planned?

When is your arrival date Rootki? Are you doing legal or symbolic?

#5165 rootkl

rootkl
          • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

KristinT

We are doing symbolic! We are planning on arriving on the 25th and heading out on that Friday...so your wedding day actually! Doremixx was extremely responsive...We got him for 4-5 hours for $950 and the dance floor for $800 which was cheaper than the hotel rate for the dance floor. Hmm..maybe I'll look into the terrace. I haven't set anything in stone yet. How many people are you expecting?? I am hoping for about 60 but really have no idea how many people will actually make the trip!

#5166 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
            • 670 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Congrats to you ladies! I have doremixx booked for this may. I'll be sure to update on my experience with his company but all I've heard is awesome reviews:)

#5167 KristinT

KristinT
              • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

KristinT

We are doing symbolic! We are planning on arriving on the 25th and heading out on that Friday...so your wedding day actually! Doremixx was extremely responsive...We got him for 4-5 hours for $950 and the dance floor for $800 which was cheaper than the hotel rate for the dance floor. Hmm..maybe I'll look into the terrace. I haven't set anything in stone yet. How many people are you expecting?? I am hoping for about 60 but really have no idea how many people will actually make the trip!

We are doing legal, we get there on the 26th! That't great, I am going to contact them right away and see about booking for our reception. We have 40 booked now, will likely have about 60 by the time we actually leave. I was iffy about the convention center first, but then I saw some pictures on here of other brides getting married there, and its absolutely beautiful! Its the destination wedding without needing to have it on the beach. 

#5168 rootkl

rootkl
                • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

KristinT If you don't mind me asking, how did you book already? Our travel agent said we couldn't book until 330 days out? Did you do a group rate?

#5169 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Congrats to all the new additions to this forum!  Rootkl, my travel agent said that scheduled air isn't released until 330 days prior to the date, whereas Chartered flights are out 1 year ahead of time.  I think that's why you aren't able to book yet.  

Just wondering if anyone has been in touch with the wedding coordinator at DT?  Is it still Aurora Garcias?  I need to email and ask about hiring an outside minister, but it's been 6 months since I last emailed!  I'm hoping she's still there.....

#5170 KristinT

KristinT
                    • 31 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I was actually able to book in November but ran into some issues, so we just finalized our booking. Not sure where you are from or who you are booking with, but our agent is Margaret witg Now Destination Weddings, from Toronto, and our Vendor is Air Canada Vacations. Our flight itinerary will be released in February-ish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users