Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#5141 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

..... Whoops. This is great info. Thanks so much. I can't wait till May!

#5142 texasmandy

texasmandy
    • 42 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Taegan...thank you so much for the info!

#5143 Amyspiel

Amyspiel
      • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

I have a few questions about dinner.  Did anyone do the buffet?  If so, was it good?  The only reason we were thinking about a buffet because we thought the sit down might take to long.

#5144 JamieT

JamieT
        • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Wow, so much good information on this thead. THANK YOU PAST BRIDES! Who knew a destination wedding would be so complicated :)

I am trying to figure out how much it costs for set up fees. I have paid for the Ultimate Wedding Package which includes 20 people. Does the resort charge for each extra chair? Is there a separate chair fee for the ceremony and reception? I'm trying to figure out our budget for 55 people, not including the extras (like lanterns, sashes, etc.)

Also, did anyone use the resort photographer? Likes/dislikes?

Attached Files

#5145 gipsymoth

gipsymoth
          • Site Supporter
          • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Past brides, you are the BEST!  I'm starting to have anxiety since I've never been to this resort, so I'm loving all these details!  

Quick question, I read somewhere that the resort discoteca was closed.  Is this true?  My travel agent emailed the concierge and he said it was temporary but I think there was a little bit lost in translation.....

#5146 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
            • 670 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Past brides, you are the BEST!  I'm starting to have anxiety since I've never been to this resort, so I'm loving all these details!  :woot2: Quick question, I read somewhere that the resort discoteca was closed.  Is this true?  My travel agent emailed the concierge and he said it was temporary but I think there was a little bit lost in translation.....

We were talking about it a few pages back, I believe it is closed permently! But If I remember right a bride had said there are nightly dances on the beach to take its place.

#5147 rootkl

rootkl
              • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Thank you so much! I have heard great things about Doremixx and I think that we are def. going to go with them! Do you mind sharing how much you ended up spending total? Thanks again for your help!

#5148 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                • 670 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

I believe we payed 800$ + 120 the resort charges for outside vendors, but doremixx just increased his price so I think it's like 200$ more for his services now:/

#5149 taegan

taegan
                  • 104 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

We were there October.20-27 and the discotec was open for 2 nights of that in the actual room and then it was closed after that. But they totally made up for it, they had a disco on the beach. It was awesome!! we went there almost every night and it was so much fun.

#5150 taegan

taegan
                    • 104 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by rootkl 

Thank you so much! I have heard great things about Doremixx and I think that we are def. going to go with them! Do you mind sharing how much you ended up spending total? Thanks again for your help!

Hi rootkl,

We paid 1500 and that included:

the light up dance floor $750

music and DJ services for 4 hours

cold fire works (i think they gave us those for free it wasnt included in our invoice and we hadnt asked for them)

Its pricey however we found it to be worth it, they were alot of fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users