Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#4961 jennybober

jennybober
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by LauraAsh 

When budgeting- DONT skip out on a professional photographer- photos are the only memories you have- the difference between the hotel photographer and an outside one was huge! I used Juan Navarro (Very Good Price), For DJ we used DJ Bihan (hes a canadian in mexico)

Kaci Hemiller- Yes, There is a disco in the basement of the front lobby we moved our party there after 10:30, its nothing special, but it was fun

If any bride to be's want to see more photos of the resort, locations, wedding ideas add me to facebook,  Laura-Ashley http://www.facebook....aura.ashley.311 make sure you message me saying something about dreams tulum or I may not accept your friend request

We had about 30 people at the wedding and I was able to have a budget of under $12,000 including everything (our trip, pre wedding party costs)

Thanks for all the great information! I keep going back and forth about getting a photographer or using the one on the resort. Your photos were beautiful!

#4962 taegan

taegan
    • 104 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Tulumbride 2013 I have the flower guide if you still need it to.I will try and email it you today :)

#4963 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
      • 670 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Taegan, That would be awesome! I've been dying to get a peak at it! Thanks so much in advance:)

#4964 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
        • 670 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Also, I've been searching around but can't seems to find it. Does anyone know when you have the ultimate package how long you have the resort photographer ? I want to hire an outside photog but trying to see how long we need him for. I email the resort photog but he has not returned my email yet.

#4965 dee dreams

dee dreams
          • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

A little off topic but jw if anyone ordered paper lanterns I'm confused if u get paper lanterns to u get L.E.D light bulbs of just L.E.D throwies ? Is there a difference between Paper lanterns and battery operated paper lanterns ? I hoping someone can help me lol

#4966 BeachBride24

BeachBride24
            • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hi Dee Dreams! Usually when you order paper lanterns online they are just the paper lantern and you will need to purchase either a light bulb cord or LED lights to insert in the lights. Unless you order the battery operated paper lanterns (usually quite a bit more expensive). For my lanterns I believe I am going to order these. As I am getting married 2 days after you I won't be able to tell you how well they will work? http://item.mobilewe...nid=59945558779 I plan on putting 3 in each lantern

#4967 dee dreams

dee dreams
              • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for ur help :) .. Where are u gonna order ur lanterns from , and with those lights do they need to be clipped in or anything or just throw them in the lanterns ? Lol

#4968 taegan

taegan
                • 104 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

deedreams,

We ordered our paper lanterns off of ebay and I love them. I used 2 different site stores, one is called sunboy_zhang and the other is called wangleisky0000 (I dont actually know if this is the store name or the username....Im sort of ebay stunted ha ha) I ordered ~50 assorted sizes and white, blue and orange and it was all relatively inexpensive, about 50 bucks!! and no shipping which is the best part :)

We ordered just the plain paper lanterns and bought a big value pack of LED candle lights from Jysk, they flicker and look really good in them. Depending on which type of lanterns you get will decide how the lights go in. Ours has a holder for them in the middle, its the size of a tealight so the LED candles fit perfectly. I think Im going to glue them in or tape them just to be safe though.

Hope this helps!!

#4969 dee dreams

dee dreams
                  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Yes that helps alot thanks ladys :) and I'm also wanting the same color as u lol white , turquoise, and orange paper lanterns :)

#4970 taegan

taegan
                    • 104 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

The colors are perfect, I was nervous buynig something from ebay but Im very happy I did!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users