Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#4911 taegan

taegan
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

If anyone is bringing lanterns down, how many are you using? Or if you have used them in your wedding same question. We are having our reception on the beach and I got 10 big white paper lanterns and 10 small orange ones but Im starting to think that may not be enough.

#4912 taegan

taegan
    • 104 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Bride81, we got a different deal. Ours was every 10 person goes free rather than a room which worked out better for our group. Hopefully you can get some sort of deal!!

#4913 bride81

bride81
      • 216 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

thank you ladies.  our TA said the hotel would honor the 6the night for free deal.  My other question is How have you ladies arranged transportation from the airport to hotel?

#4914 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
        • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

We had 26 paper lanterns - could have use a few more, but mine weren't huge. I probably would have picked up another half a dozen if I had my time back.

#4915 dee dreams

dee dreams
          • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hey ladies I also had a question about lanterns Where did u guys order them from? also do the laterns come with the lights in them or do u have to order separate? If so what lights would u suggest getting . I heard someone say the L.e.d lights with the clips work better ?

#4916 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
            • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

I don't even remember where online I ordered mine from - Paper Lantern shop maybe? About $50 for 26, including shipping. I ordered LED lights from eBay (100 for about $10) and then 100 watch batteries for $10, also from eBay. I bought a box of binder clips at Staples to hold everything together, handed it over to Anabel and she assembled everything - she knew exactly what I had and said she'd done it many times before. They do charge a flat rate of $150 to set up the lanterns, but to not have to do it myself was GREAT. The ones with the lights already in them are much easier to set up, but are also more expensive. It's a trade off.

#4917 taegan

taegan
              • 104 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

I ordered my paper lanterns off of ebay from sunboy_xhang store....they are fantastic. I ordered the 12' white and 8' orange. Thanks Sheena2011 for the heads up, I think I am going to go and double my order to get more. As for LED lights, you can get them any where :) Ill probably end up getting mine from a store called Jysk or homesense.

#4918 dee dreams

dee dreams
                • 40 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks ladies for the info :) I'm having my dinner by one of the pools so I think I'm gonna need the paper laterns for extra lighting. Did past brides find the paper laterns were a good for outside dinners ? Or not necessary

#4919 bananniebread

bananniebread
                  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hi Dee,

From the photos I've seen, extra lighting would be good if you're not investing in the lighting they have available. My wedding is November 8, and I know the sun sets around 5:30 that time of year. I am planning on using lanterns and LED tea lights in luminary bags to light up the dinner tables - I have the same concern!! (And a modest budget, so I will not be splurging on their lighting.) I figure the lighting will double as centerpieces and help to set the mood.

Also - the plates from Dreams look amazing! I want to make sure my guests can see what they're eating :)

#4920 dee dreams

dee dreams
                    • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for your replys :) I think I'm gonna need to bring paper laterns because I do want that extra lighting I'm also just trying to keep cost down!! Also anyone else doing the dreams of love wedding package and have decided yet what they are having for appetizers and the dinner ? I'm just starting to panic because I havnt decided on much yet lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users