Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#4891 ashk

ashk
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by dee dreams 

That's funny yea that picture is what I was thinking :) and I'm also thinking of putting hand fans on everyone's chair :) and I'm only expecting 20 people . I wanna do flower pedals in the sand and turquoise or turquoise and orange tulle on the canopy . I want to do paper lanterns by the pool brcause i heard the lighting is not great also candles around the pool where were seated. I hope we can share decorations cuz it would save us alot of suitcases lol I think I'm gonna bring and set up my self because I find the resort expensive :s also just wondering what ur guests paid to come down ? Since we are Canadian brides just seeing if I got a fair deal :)

Hi dee dreams and other fellow Canadian brides :)

I'm also planning on putting hand fans on our guests' chairs - it seems like such a practical yet pretty thing to do! We're having about 30 guests, in February 2013. What are you ladies thinking about for flowers/bouquets? I've been looking at "real touch" artificials as a possible alternative to fresh, but that's another thing to pack!

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#4892 dee dreams

dee dreams
    • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Thank u very much for the pics and pics from past weddings :) and still a bit confused the only backup rain locations for dinner is the world cafe and ballroom :s and what if there is two or three brides on that day isn't dinner all at the same time if there is only two back up locations how does that work ? And ashk congrads and yay another Canadian bride :) for bouquet I'm Doing something simple I think like orange stargazer lilys and maybe something else to give a bit of contrast and I think it's included in the dreams of love package so I won't have to bring then down

#4893 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
      • 76 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

There's more than 1 ballroom.

#4894 BeaBride

BeaBride
        • Site Supporter
        • 84 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 21, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
        • LocationCanada

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hi Ladies!

Dee Dreams:  Sheena 2011 is right.  There is more than one ballroom.  I don't think the reception can be in any of the other restaurants other than the World Cafe...but I didn't specifically ask that. I did ask if a reception could be at the El Patio restaurant and the wedding coordinator at the webinar said it wasn't possible.

Ashk:  Welcome and congrats!  I have the ultimate wedding package so the bride's bouquet is included. However, the bridesmaids bouquets are not.  Ideally, I would like the resort to provide the flowers or an outside vendor in Mexico to drop them off because I don't want to have to bring everything with me. It all depends on the price.  Right now, I'm making my invitations so I'm a bit preoccupied with those.

#4895 dee dreams

dee dreams
        • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for clarifying that up lady's :) now it makes more sense since they have more then 1 ballroom, also does anyone know of any good site to order decor and wedding stuff besides eBay lol

#4896 BeachBride24

BeachBride24
          • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi Dee Dreams,

There are a few wedding sites that do ship to Canada, my favorite being www.weddingstar.com as they are an Albertan company based out of Medicine Hat! I bought a number of things off of this site (including personalized playing cards) and they were all delivivered to my door in Calgary in 2 days!

Some other sites include:

http://www.efavormart.com/

http://weddingfactorydirect.com/broochs.html

http://commerce.idmi.net/ecommerce/catalog_detail.asp?cid=121&pi=39217

http://www.beforetheidos.com/Breeze_Wedge_Flip_Flop_in_White_or_Ivory_p/carb-7754.htm

www.lightinthebox.com

www.etsy.com

I guess it really depends what you are looking for...

#4897 bride81

bride81
            • 216 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

If i bring my own centerpieces and sashes for chairs, how much is the charge for setting up?  Or do I just do it myself when I get there?

#4898 taegan

taegan
              • 104 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi ladies,

I asked Anabel for dimensions for the round tables and here is what she gave me:

Length 3.60cm

Width- 1.80cm

Height- 80cm

I think these measurements may have been for the round cocktail tables and I was should have been more specific when I asked for the dimensions. I am hoping to get the measurements for the round reception/dinner tables....would any of you have them?

We've been thinking about bringing our own fabric down as well (chair sashes and tables runners) and we are having a hard time figuring out which would be the most cost efficient and time efficient!

#4899 bride81

bride81
                • 216 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

let us know what you decide!  I am having the hardest time figuring out what to do in this department

Originally Posted by taegan 

Hi ladies,

I asked Anabel for dimensions for the round tables and here is what she gave me:

Length 3.60cm

Width- 1.80cm

Height- 80cm

I think these measurements may have been for the round cocktail tables and I was should have been more specific when I asked for the dimensions. I am hoping to get the measurements for the round reception/dinner tables....would any of you have them?

We've been thinking about bringing our own fabric down as well (chair sashes and tables runners) and we are having a hard time figuring out which would be the most cost efficient and time efficient!

#4900 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
                  • 76 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

The resort does charge to put on the chair sashes, decorations, etc. and it can get a bit more expensive than you prepare yourself for. It's all in the planning guide that they send out a few months before hand, clearly broken out. Depending on the wedding schedule for the day, the coordinator might also really try to dissuade you from setting things up. If there are 3 weddings on your day, there is pretty quick turnaround window - so they don't like non-hotel staff doing decorations and set up because it could potentially interfere with someone else's wedding. However, if you are lucky to have the day to yourself, I'm sure they are much more accomodating with doing decor set up yourself.

Just keep in mind that this is your special day - and running around setting up chair covers, table clothes, etc, might add stress to your day. Personally, I was going to see what I could do myself to save some money, but I realized - I wanted to go the beach and go the spa with my girlfriends, not worry about setting up the decorations in between getting my hair done and putting on my dress. I handed them over to Anabel and paid the few hundred dollars for everything to be set up, and for me (normally stressed out), it was worth every last penny to not have to worry about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users