Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#461 Melissa24

Melissa24
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Okay so here is the question that came to me at 2am this morning:

Has anyone else gotten married before you left for you wedding? My FI and I keep throwing the idea around since our witnesses are not able to arrive until the day befor we get married.

Thoughts?

#462 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

Do you mean legally getting married before your mexico wedding? A lot of people do that. We are doing that as well

#463 B&J2008

B&J2008
      • 266 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

We are getting legally married the week before we leave but we aren't telling anyone and just going to consider our Mexican wedding as our real wedding day. It just seems easier to me to do it that way.

#464 Melissa24

Melissa24
        • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

Yes, legally married. We kind of want to do it so nobody know. I was just curious!

#465 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

of course! People do it all the time!! If you do a search tons of girls have done it-they call it their "legal day"...we are doing it because my family can't travel and I still want them to see me get married. We are doing it very low key

#466 cendcar

cendcar
            • 163 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

Yes, we are doing that as well. I did not want to fuss with the blood tests and people being there x-amount of days before the ceremony.

We will still consider the Mexico Ceremony as our official wedding day.

By the way...this is the email I got two weeks ago:

Dear Bride & Groom

As the great day is approaching I may need to ask you to fill out this planning form in order to start and set up details for your wedding.

Find attached the pictures options of the flowers and wedding cake options too.

Thanks a lot in advance for sending this planning form filled out before September 8th 2008.

Attached Files

#467 beachformeplease

beachformeplease
              • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:39 AM

WOW! THanks so much for sharing that! That makes me feel way better about waiting until the last month to hammer out the details. At least they have procedures in place for when the date nears, even though it feels like you aren't even sure if they are expecting you!

#468 beachformeplease

beachformeplease
                • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:42 AM

Has anyone waited until they get back from the honeymoon to actually do their "legal day?" I sort of want to wait until after the religious ceremony to do mine. Also, has anyone actually planned their Dreams Tulum wedding without the help of a Travel Agent? The one I am currently in contact with is...dare I say...slower than the onsite WC at Dreams!! I'm getting responses faster than her! =P

#469 amy706

amy706
                  • 506 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:55 AM

My fiance and I are waiting until we get back for two reasons. 1 I just really want it to feel like the real thing when I walk down the aisle/beach and 2 we are getting married in Dec. Its so close to the end of the year that it just makes sense to wait until January to do the legal stuff b/c my fiance makes a lot more money than i do and i might as well wait one more year to be taxed at his tax bracket. Nice reason, right? Ha!! Anyway, we're doing it a few weeks after we get back. I figure if we did it 'legal' in Mexico it would take several months to be legal in the US so its still quicker!!!
                    Amy706
                    Washington, DC
                    Dreams Tulum
                    December 5, 2008
                    Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#470 rabbitnow

rabbitnow
                    • 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

Well to answer two questions with one post... It does seem easier to get married before you get to Mexico - but I just as well want the actual walk down the isle to be THE ACTUAL walk down the isle of becoming a Mrs...I hope to not regret that choice with all the details that wil need to be done in the 4 days before
                      Has anyone waited until they get back from the honeymoon to actually do their "legal day?" I sort of want to wait until after the religious ceremony to do mine. Also, has anyone actually planned their Dreams Tulum wedding without the help of a Travel Agent? The one I am currently in contact with is...dare I say...slower than the onsite WC at Dreams!! I'm getting responses faster than her! =P

Anna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users