Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#4211 underthesea

underthesea
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

January 27, 2011

#4212 underthesea

underthesea
    • 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

Sorry, just getting the hang of things here!  We just booked our wedding week at DT getting married on January 27, 2011! Very excited!  Do any of you have any idea of the symbolic ceremony?  Can you create your own ceremony?

#4213 Maur

Maur
      • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:56 AM

Underthesea - welcome and congratulations!  Yes you can plan your own ceremony.  Past brides have recommended that you email the wedding coordinator and bring a copy with you to the resort.  Good luck plannning!

#4214 Ashleyciv

Ashleyciv
        • 107 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

I hired DJ Mannia for the ceremony and reception also. I know he has been at DT many times and he didnt say anything about them not allowing him to do the ceremony so i didnt even think twice about it.

#4215 hmlicos

hmlicos
          • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

Do any of you ladies have a suggestion for photographers?? 

#4216 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
            • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

I am getting married in two months! Hard to believe it's almost here! I'm so excited but a little anxious about all the nickle-and-diming, esp. with decorations I am bringing for the set up. I am trying not to worry too much until I get down there. At least I have my package set (Dreams of Love), and reception place (relax pool) even though neither of those were my first choice, and this was after I'd already thought I had everything booked and ready to go. Oh well....one thing I've learned with DT is that you have to be flexible and go with the flow. Trying to remind myself of this every day!!

#4217 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
              • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

I hired Claudia Rodriguez. She has fantastic review and her work is fabulous. Plus her prices are really reasonable!

Originally Posted by hmlicos 

#4218 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                • 376 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

Del Sol or their lower priced affiliate La Luna.  They take amazing pictures... I was going to use them but it worked out better for us to take a photographer from home since she's already doing some pictures for us prior to the wedding.

Originally Posted by hmlicos 

#4219 Maur

Maur
                  • 32 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Has anyone used the Chiavari or Avant chairs for their ceremony?  Was thinking of having one of these styles of chairs for my ceremony but would like to see pictures before.

#4220 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
                    • 75 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

This is insane.

I am starting to fill out the wedding planning form (Dec. 4, 2010) and told Aurora I'm bringing my own chair sashes and flower petals and seasells for the reception centerpieces, as well as some small lights. I asked her how much it would be for set up. 

She quoted me $150 plus tax, plus $5 for each chair sash and she said "and different prices for the centerpieces." What the heck does that mean? I can rent chair sashes for $5 each there! (maybe that's what she thought I wanted to do.)

These set up costs are crazy. i'm trying to save money by bringing my own supplies, but it doesn't look like I'll really be saving any money. I told her I'd freakin' do it myself rather than pay $5 to put a chair sash on each chair and more to spread some seashells on a table.

What the heck does the $150 cover, then?? (I am getting married in the chapel, so it can't be for the reception; there is no set-up involved!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users