Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#31 SBlake

SBlake
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

thanks a bunch, much easier to navigate!!!

#32 ERnurse

ERnurse
    • 44 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

Thank you So much SunBride. I think this has to be one of the most impressive/informative/organized thread on this whole forum!!!

#33 ERnurse

ERnurse
      • 44 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

Hey everyone, I am having my wedding at Dreams Tulum and it's extremely expensive to get there from Cancun airport! My FI and I will probably be flying in at the same time with 6 family members that are also staying at DTR. Does anyone have any recomendations on transportation to the Tulum area that won't cost us a fortune, or just share your story on how you got there and if you would do anything different.

Any insight much appreciated!

Attached Files

#34 lgarner83

lgarner83
        • 530 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

This thread IS amazing!! Thank you Sunbride!!

Now my question: My fiance and I are in the very early stages of planning and haven't narrowed down a resort yet but Tulum is near the top of our list!

Q: What is it like at night? Is there any dj's/dancing/partying? To be honest, that's what we want! Night time fun as well as day time relaxation :)

#35 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Our TA booked direct transfers for our entire group at $20 per person - each way. I didn't think that was unreasonable at all.

#36 amy706

amy706
            • 506 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

THANK YOU SUNBRIDE. You are AMAZING.
              lgarner83- i did a site visit there and its pretty chill at night. The disco could be fun and rowdy but probably only if you brought a great crowd to take it over. Its beautiful and there is opportunity for wildness. My wedding party is definitely a crazy group so I know we will make a good party wherever we go.

If I understood the instructions I think we're all supposed to sum up our details in this format:
              Username: amy706
              Names (optional, first names only) - Amy
              Date & Time December 5, 2008 at 4pm
              Number of guests 63 booked and counting...
              Coordinator: Sandra so far, although I suppose it will be Landy now but I haven't connected with her yet.
              Ceremony location: Gazebo by the seaside grill
              Reception location: beach by the seaside grill
              Photographer: Citalli from Claudia Rodriguez
              Videographer: we're using what comes with the Ultimate Package
              Review (link): only from our site visit - http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t14954
              Photos (link)
              Video (link)
              Special arrangements / activities: We are doing a trip to the Tulum ruins with our guests on Wed (2 days before wedding) for anyone who wants to go. we'll pay for the taxis and the entry, walk around for an hour and then meet back up on the beautiful beach there at the ruins and hang out there for a few hours.
              Thursday we are having a welcome sunset cruise. We're going though: Private Sunset Cruise in the Riviera Maya
              Amy706
              Washington, DC
              Dreams Tulum
              December 5, 2008
              Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#37 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Amy 706 I'll add your info

lgarner83 - I would say it sounds like Dreams Tulum is not for you, it's pretty laid back at night. You would want to be in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen so that you can hit the bars at night. If you want an evening party at Dreams Tulum you'll have to create it yourself with your group!

#38 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

The mods have told me they will be merging any Dreams Tulum questions over to that thread. They work hard to try to keep things organized in these forums. It's better to have one thread for all Dreams Tulum Qs & As instead of seperate threads for each question.

(for those of you who are confused, this is in response to ERNurse's question re: transportation. That whole thread was merged over to this one. So even though it says "that thread" above it actually means "this thread"!)

#39 neen

neen
                  • 633 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:35 AM

great job, stephanie!!!

just got back from my site visit at DT and it was wonderful, I'm totally at ease about my January wedding now. i got most of our questions answered, but some Landy had to look into...I'll post all that later today/tonight when I get a chance. for now, i'll just echo what every other bride has said...RELAX, the wedding coordinators are fabulous and will make sure you get what you want for your wedding day!

#40 can't wait!

can't wait!
                    • 517 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by neen
                      great job, stephanie!!!

just got back from my site visit at DT and it was wonderful, I'm totally at ease about my January wedding now. i got most of our questions answered, but some Landy had to look into...I'll post all that later today/tonight when I get a chance. for now, i'll just echo what every other bride has said...RELAX, the wedding coordinators are fabulous and will make sure you get what you want for your wedding day!
                      Can't wait to get ALL the juicy details Neen! Hope you had a great time!
                      I'll be looking for your post later today! Welcome back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users