The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post
I was wondering if there is anyone getting married at DT next spring that has gotten quotes for DT that they wouldn't mind sharing. I just want to make sure what I'm getting is normal.
I'm getting married there on May 10th. Our quote is $1338 + $290 taxes for one week all inclusive, air and transfers from Vancouver BC. We do things a little different from Canada though in the sense that our whole package (hotel, air, transfers) are all booked together through one tour operator.... so I don't know how helpful that is?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care42Pat View Post
Time to make it official and kick my butt into planning gear! If anyone has any advice on the best and most cost-effective way to book hotel/air for us and our guests, it would all be very much appreciated as I read through all 300 plus pages of this thread!

Username: care42pat
Names: Caroline & Patrick
Date & Time: April 2, 2011 @ 6pm
Wedding package: Ultimate
Wedding extras (through the resort): unknown
Outside vendors (cost charged by vendor and any fees charged by the resort): unknown for now
Type of ceremony: Symbolic
Coordinator: Aurora (@ least she's been e-mailing me this far)
Number of guests: 20ish
Ceremony location and time: Beach
Cocktail hour location and time: unsure
Reception location and time: possibly beach? or private by dolphin pool
Photographer: not sure
Videographer: not sure
Review (link): n/a
Photos (link): n/a
Video (link): n/a
Planning thread (link): n/a
Special arrangements / activities: hoping we can make it to Xel-Ha while were there
Welcome!! Congrats on booking your date!!

I'm getting married there on May 10th. Our quote is $1338 + $290 taxes for one week all inclusive, air and transfers from Vancouver BC. We do things a little different from Canada though in the sense that our whole package (hotel, air, transfers) are all booked together through one tour operator.... so I don't know how helpful that is?!?

/QUOTE]

No it's helpful, I just haven't seen what my quest are being quoted only FI and I's trip with includes another week at a different resort. Our package also includes hotel, air, and transfers, and the travel insurance. I just remember the quote she gave us for hotel and transfer only before airfare was released seemed a bit high.

ok my BM just emailed me the quote she got from our TA

The rates listed are per room based on double-occupancy & include roundtrip air from Cleveland (see schedule), roundtrip airport transfers, 7-nights’ accommodations at Dreams Tulum, all-inclusive package (drinks, meals, & gratuities), taxes, and cancel-for-any-reason trip insurance.

7-night stay in deluxe garden view room = $3174 (deposit = $1420; final payment due 3/13/11)

7-night stay in deluxe ocean view room = $3638 (deposit = $1454; final payment due 3/13/11)

is it just me or does that seem a little high?

Quote:

The rates listed are per room based on double-occupancy & include roundtrip air from Cleveland (see schedule), roundtrip airport transfers, 7-nights†accommodations at Dreams Tulum, all-inclusive package (drinks, meals, & gratuities), taxes, and cancel-for-any-reason trip insurance.

7-night stay in deluxe garden view room = $3174 (deposit = $1420; final payment due 3/13/11)

7-night stay in deluxe ocean view room = $3638 (deposit = $1454; final payment due 3/13/11)

That does seem pretty high! I thought it would quite a bit cheaper from Cleveland than Vancouver since Cleveland would be a shorter flight! Were your guests able to get a group rate, or early booking bonus or anything?

Quote:

The rates listed are per room based on double-occupancy & include roundtrip air from Cleveland (see schedule), roundtrip airport transfers, 7-nights†accommodations at Dreams Tulum, all-inclusive package (drinks, meals, & gratuities), taxes, and cancel-for-any-reason trip insurance.

Yikes! That does seem quite high. We will be flying from Van, BC as well and our pkg was considerably lower. Like almost 1/2 the price!

Quote:

We fly out of Cleveland every time ... never for this much. You should be able to find a package that averages to be about $1300 - 1500 for 7 nights per person. This will rise and fall a bit with airfare.

Part of the problem may be that some rates have not been released yet. Airline rates are usually not valid until you hit about 6 months out from travel. Also, there seems to be about 2-3 sales for Dreams packages a year, which brings down prices.

We had a May wedding and advised our guests not to book before October/November to get good rates. In the fall, you start seeing Spring sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi73 View Post
Yikes! That does seem quite high. We will be flying from Van, BC as well and our pkg was considerably lower. Like almost 1/2 the price!
so wait, that means you're paying less than $2000 TOTAL for both of you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandRich View Post
We fly out of Cleveland every time ... never for this much. You should be able to find a package that averages to be about $1300 - 1500 for 7 nights per person. This will rise and fall a bit with airfare.

Part of the problem may be that some rates have not been released yet. Airline rates are usually not valid until you hit about 6 months out from travel. Also, there seems to be about 2-3 sales for Dreams packages a year, which brings down prices.

We had a May wedding and advised our guests not to book before October/November to get good rates. In the fall, you start seeing Spring sales.
I'm wondering if I should try another TA, even though we put a deposit down to say we would use them. They specialize in DW and honeymoons. All of our rates are finally out I had to wait until this month to get flight rates. From what I was looking at last year as I kept watching prices it seemed the best time to book was between August and November. I almost feel like telling my guest to just find the cheapest deal and take it and screw qualifying for a group rate.