Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3941 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vlynnw
    I was wondering if there is anyone getting married at DT next spring that has gotten quotes for DT that they wouldn't mind sharing. I just want to make sure what I'm getting is normal.
    I'm getting married there on May 10th. Our quote is $1338 + $290 taxes for one week all inclusive, air and transfers from Vancouver BC. We do things a little different from Canada though in the sense that our whole package (hotel, air, transfers) are all booked together through one tour operator.... so I don't know how helpful that is?!?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Care42Pat
    Time to make it official and kick my butt into planning gear! If anyone has any advice on the best and most cost-effective way to book hotel/air for us and our guests, it would all be very much appreciated as I read through all 300 plus pages of this thread!

Username: care42pat
    Names: Caroline & Patrick
    Date & Time: April 2, 2011 @ 6pm
    Wedding package: Ultimate
    Wedding extras (through the resort): unknown
    Outside vendors (cost charged by vendor and any fees charged by the resort): unknown for now
    Type of ceremony: Symbolic
    Coordinator: Aurora (@ least she's been e-mailing me this far)
    Number of guests: 20ish
    Ceremony location and time: Beach
    Cocktail hour location and time: unsure
    Reception location and time: possibly beach? or private by dolphin pool
    Photographer: not sure
    Videographer: not sure
    Review (link): n/a
    Photos (link): n/a
    Video (link): n/a
    Planning thread (link): n/a
    Special arrangements / activities: hoping we can make it to Xel-Ha while were there
    Welcome!! Congrats on booking your date!!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#3942 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=pineapplebride;1337526]I'm getting married there on May 10th. Our quote is $1338 + $290 taxes for one week all inclusive, air and transfers from Vancouver BC. We do things a little different from Canada though in the sense that our whole package (hotel, air, transfers) are all booked together through one tour operator.... so I don't know how helpful that is?!?
      /QUOTE]

No it's helpful, I just haven't seen what my quest are being quoted only FI and I's trip with includes another week at a different resort. Our package also includes hotel, air, and transfers, and the travel insurance. I just remember the quote she gave us for hotel and transfer only before airfare was released seemed a bit high.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3943 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

ok my BM just emailed me the quote she got from our TA

The rates listed are per room based on double-occupancy & include roundtrip air from Cleveland (see schedule), roundtrip airport transfers, 7-nights’ accommodations at Dreams Tulum, all-inclusive package (drinks, meals, & gratuities), taxes, and cancel-for-any-reason trip insurance.

7-night stay in deluxe garden view room = $3174 (deposit = $1420; final payment due 3/13/11)

7-night stay in deluxe ocean view room = $3638 (deposit = $1454; final payment due 3/13/11)

is it just me or does that seem a little high?

#3944 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
        • 232 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:51 AM

Quote:

The rates listed are per room based on double-occupancy & include roundtrip air from Cleveland (see schedule), roundtrip airport transfers, 7-nights’ accommodations at Dreams Tulum, all-inclusive package (drinks, meals, & gratuities), taxes, and cancel-for-any-reason trip insurance.

7-night stay in deluxe garden view room = $3174 (deposit = $1420; final payment due 3/13/11)

7-night stay in deluxe ocean view room = $3638 (deposit = $1454; final payment due 3/13/11)

That does seem pretty high! I thought it would quite a bit cheaper from Cleveland than Vancouver since Cleveland would be a shorter flight! Were your guests able to get a group rate, or early booking bonus or anything?

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#3945 mimi73

mimi73
          • 282 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

Quote:

Yikes! That does seem quite high. We will be flying from Van, BC as well and our pkg was considerably lower. Like almost 1/2 the price!
            http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#3946 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
            • 344 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:47 AM

Quote:

We fly out of Cleveland every time ... never for this much. You should be able to find a package that averages to be about $1300 - 1500 for 7 nights per person. This will rise and fall a bit with airfare.

Part of the problem may be that some rates have not been released yet. Airline rates are usually not valid until you hit about 6 months out from travel. Also, there seems to be about 2-3 sales for Dreams packages a year, which brings down prices.

We had a May wedding and advised our guests not to book before October/November to get good rates. In the fall, you start seeing Spring sales.

#3947 Care42Pat

Care42Pat
              • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mimi73
                Yikes! That does seem quite high. We will be flying from Van, BC as well and our pkg was considerably lower. Like almost 1/2 the price!
                so wait, that means you're paying less than $2000 TOTAL for both of you??

#3948 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AmyandRich
                  We fly out of Cleveland every time ... never for this much. You should be able to find a package that averages to be about $1300 - 1500 for 7 nights per person. This will rise and fall a bit with airfare.

Part of the problem may be that some rates have not been released yet. Airline rates are usually not valid until you hit about 6 months out from travel. Also, there seems to be about 2-3 sales for Dreams packages a year, which brings down prices.

We had a May wedding and advised our guests not to book before October/November to get good rates. In the fall, you start seeing Spring sales.
                  I'm wondering if I should try another TA, even though we put a deposit down to say we would use them. They specialize in DW and honeymoons. All of our rates are finally out I had to wait until this month to get flight rates. From what I was looking at last year as I kept watching prices it seemed the best time to book was between August and November. I almost feel like telling my guest to just find the cheapest deal and take it and screw qualifying for a group rate.

#3949 mimi73

mimi73
                  • 282 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Quote:
                    No! I wish! It was about 1200 each, and then 700-ish per kid
                    http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#3950 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                    • 344 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:07 AM

Quote:
                      per person!! Sorry about that!

We booked 5 nights at Dreams Tulum and 7 nights at Secrets, airfare and transfers for $5000 - something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users