Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3931 L&A2010

L&A2010
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

Welcome Lite and congrats on your engagement!!! Can't wait to see a picture of your e-ring - I love Tacori.

#3932 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
    • 232 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

Welcome Lite! Congrats on your engagement!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#3933 sstryker

sstryker
      • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Welcome Lite bride, and congrats!

#3934 northernflasher

northernflasher
        • 499 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by clinicalgal
          Cocktail hour question:
          Did anyone rent tables/chairs for their cocktail hour? Where did your cocktail hours take place? Near the ceremony spot, near the reception spot, or else where? We are trying to figure out whether we should pay extra for a few tables to be set up for the cocktail hour - any thoughts?
          We had our ceremony in the chapel and our cocktail hour in the chapel courtyard. If you time it right (before the asian and sushi restaurants open at approx 6.30pm) this area is lovely and private.
          It was also convenient for photos so that people didn't wander far from the chapel where our family photos were taken.

At no extra cost to the ultimate package we had the following set up:
          *1 large round table for hor d'ouvres
          *2 round Highball drinks tables
          *1 small table for our ipod, speakers, table plan etc
          *1 welcome drinks table displaying welcome drinks recipe
          *1 small photo props table as requested at pre-wedding meeting with Natalia
          *Chairs for everyone around one edge of the courtyard
          *Side plates were available so although people couldn't sit at a table they could comfortably hold food in one hand or on their knees.

All tables and chairs were covered in standard white linens.
          I feel that the set up was more than adequate for our party of 15.

I imagine they provide facilities in relation to your party size and im sure you will be well looked after. For this reason I dont think paying extra for additional tables just for an hour is a necessary expense.

If you are having a large group maybe confirm with your Wc that facilities will be sufficient.

There are lots of lovely areas available and unless walking is an issue nowhere is more than a few minutes walk from anywhere, its all down to your preference. Depending on availability you can change your mind once you view the resort when you get there.
          Im sure there must be some photo examples of cocktail setups on here somewhere. I included a selection of resort images at the bottom of my review which may help you decide on your location preferences.

Hope this helps
          Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#3935 clinicalgal

clinicalgal
          • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by northernflasher
            We had our ceremony in the chapel and our cocktail hour in the chapel courtyard. If you time it right (before the asian and sushi restaurants open at approx 6.30pm) this area is lovely and private.
            It was also convenient for photos so that people didn't wander far from the chapel where our family photos were taken.

At no extra cost to the ultimate package we had the following set up:
            *1 large round table for hor d'ouvres
            *2 round Highball drinks tables
            *1 small table for our ipod, speakers, table plan etc
            *1 welcome drinks table displaying welcome drinks recipe
            *1 small photo props table as requested at pre-wedding meeting with Natalia
            *Chairs for everyone around one edge of the courtyard
            *Side plates were available so although people couldn't sit at a table they could comfortably hold food in one hand or on their knees.

All tables and chairs were covered in standard white linens.
            I feel that the set up was more than adequate for our party of 15.

I imagine they provide facilities in relation to your party size and im sure you will be well looked after. For this reason I dont think paying extra for additional tables just for an hour is a necessary expense.

If you are having a large group maybe confirm with your Wc that facilities will be sufficient.

There are lots of lovely areas available and unless walking is an issue nowhere is more than a few minutes walk from anywhere, its all down to your preference. Depending on availability you can change your mind once you view the resort when you get there.
            Im sure there must be some photo examples of cocktail setups on here somewhere. I included a selection of resort images at the bottom of my review which may help you decide on your location preferences.

Hope this helps
            Thanks! that is all very helpful :)
            June 28th, 2010 was the day!
            Bride, Groom, & 50 Guests danced the night away!

#3936 mandymert

mandymert
            • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

wow... great stuff ladies. I am stressing out my wedding is in less than a month and these are things that I haven't even thought about...... ohh no!

#3937 mandymert

mandymert
              • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:46 AM

violet vixen... I cant wait to see your pictures.. :)

#3938 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

I was wondering if there is anyone getting married at DT next spring that has gotten quotes for DT that they wouldn't mind sharing. I just want to make sure what I'm getting is normal.
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3939 clinicalgal

clinicalgal
                  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

For all the brides and brides to be who have already been at Dreams Tulum - are there computers/internet to use at the resort? If so, is there a cost?
                    June 28th, 2010 was the day!
                    Bride, Groom, & 50 Guests danced the night away!

#3940 Care42Pat

Care42Pat
                    • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Time to make it official and kick my butt into planning gear! If anyone has any advice on the best and most cost-effective way to book hotel/air for us and our guests, it would all be very much appreciated as I read through all 300 plus pages of this thread!

Username: care42pat
                      Names: Caroline & Patrick
                      Date & Time: April 2, 2011 @ 6pm
                      Wedding package: Ultimate
                      Wedding extras (through the resort): unknown
                      Outside vendors (cost charged by vendor and any fees charged by the resort): unknown for now
                      Type of ceremony: Symbolic
                      Coordinator: Aurora (@ least she's been e-mailing me this far)
                      Number of guests: 20ish
                      Ceremony location and time: Beach
                      Cocktail hour location and time: unsure
                      Reception location and time: possibly beach? or private by dolphin pool
                      Photographer: not sure
                      Videographer: not sure
                      Review (link): n/a
                      Photos (link): n/a
                      Video (link): n/a
                      Planning thread (link): n/a
                      Special arrangements / activities: hoping we can make it to Xel-Ha while were there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users