Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#371 neen

neen
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

both dresses are gorgeous...i'm partial to the pronovias - the fit is incredible!!

#372 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Theresa08
      In regards to the photographer, he took great pictures, he just wasn't around long enough. Be specific about what you want and make sure he takes them all. The wedding packages do not mention how long the photogrpahers will be around for so maybe ask Landy as well. Also, not sure what we were thinking, but we didn't tip him up front. We did everyone else, but completely forgot about the photographer. So if you throw some money at him that may help as well.
      yeah, since you've been gone we have had clarification that the photographers services are for 2 hours.

As posted here http://bestdestinati....-30#post510062 I got in touch with them to ask the cost of more hours, and was told that for 6 hours it would be 980$, including 80 photos and no CD and they just further clarified this morning that that price is for somebody using the free wedding package (no photography). Somebody using the ultimate package they would deduct the value of what is already included, which they say is 450$ so it would cost you 430$ for the additional 4 hours of coverage (6 hours instead of 2) and the additional 30 photos (80 instead of 50). They will charge an additional 350$ for the CD. (I think, will update this tonight when I can reread that email, but it was definitely between 350-450$)

#373 411Bride

411Bride
      • Banned
      • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

Username: 411Bride
        Names (optional, first names only) Christina
        Date & Time April 11, 2009
        Wedding package Ultimate
        Wedding extras (and cost charged) I don't know yet =(
        Type of ceremony Religious - performed by my best friend's dad =) (who is a minister)
        Coordinator: Landy
        Number of guests: 30 right now
        Ceremony location: Beach!
        Reception location: New Ballroom (convention hall)
        Photographer: Resort
        Videographer: Grandpa John
        Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm) I really want a welcome dinner, a girly-girl spa day, a day for golf for the guys and a mystery dinner but I dont know how to go about setting it up =?

#374 neen

neen
        • 633 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

Question - do/did you include dinner for Landy and the DJ at your reception? I know to include Claudia Rodriguez (our photog), but not sure about the WC and resort DJ...?

#375 Theresa08

Theresa08
          • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by neen
            Question - do/did you include dinner for Landy and the DJ at your reception? I know to include Claudia Rodriguez (our photog), but not sure about the WC and resort DJ...?
            I didn't include either, but I guess it is something to think about. The DJ was there setting up at around 4:30-5 so maybe I should have. And I guess Landy is working most of the time as well. Maybe ask Landy if other people include the DJ?

#376 cendcar

cendcar
            • 163 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

Question/Advice:

Makeup! I wear very Bare Escentuals everyday and have not planned to have anything special for the wedding. A friend of mine said I should think about buying heavier makeup for pictures such as Mac.

It seems like a waste of money to buy makeup for the one day. Also, if I decided to let the resort do my makeup how does that work?

Did anyone get their makeup done by the salon ? Do they use their makeup or yours? What brand is theirs?

Thanks gals!

#377 alin & mako

alin & mako
              • 134 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

cendcar

Thanks for the ideas on the Parasols and the web site. I had not even thought about it before but I'm going to be in SF soon so I can buy them there! Thanks!

Cendcar, I was wondering the same thing on the make up. Great question. Hope someone can give us details :)

Attached Files

#378 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

some girls have gotten their make-up done at the spa and been happy. Check out the info on page 1 (I actually only recently added hair and make-up there like a couple weeks ago).

#379 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
                  • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by can't wait!
                    Ladies, I need your help! I've put a post with pics of my dress. I can't decide which one to wear. Here's a link to the thread. Please let me know your thoughts!

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t27991
                    Though both are fabulous--and fit you sooo nicely, I would go for the pronovias, especially if you are getting married on the beach. Either way though, you can't go wrong. Which one do you feel more excited about? Which do you feel more beautiful in? Picture yourself doing the day in each dress and which one just gets to you? Best of luck with the decision!

#380 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
                    • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:41 AM

I am sorry, because I know this information is somewhere--but at this point I am bleary eyed... what are the dimensions of the round tables that are used for the receptions outside? THANKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users