Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3561 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
  • Jr. Member
  • 344 posts

    Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clinicalgal
    Hi Ladies!
    We are interested in organizing an excursion for our guests. Something along the lines of a catamaran that can pick us up from the resort and goes to an area with caverns. I'd like there to be food and drinks on board and for the excursion to last about 4 hours. I haven't been able to find any threads about brides planning something like this and recommended vendors... has anyone else seen anything along these lines or can advise me where to look? Thanks in advance!
    Hi! We booked a catamaran sailing/snorkeling tour with FatCat. They offer a few food choices and of course drinks! They are arranging for pick up/drop off for all of our guests. I emailed every sailing company I could find online and FatCat offered the best sailing for the best price. We chose the afternoon/sunset trip. It lasts for 4 hours.

    #3562 jerzygirl85

    jerzygirl85
    • Jr. Member
    • 342 posts

      Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

      Tara, I was told by the WC to let them know the dinner choices in advance. I am using ultimate package and am having the reception by the pool so it may be a different policy for the restaurant.
      ~~Joanna~~

      Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

      http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

      #3563 jerzygirl85

      jerzygirl85
      • Jr. Member
      • 342 posts

        Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by clinicalgal
        Hi Ladies!
        We are interested in organizing an excursion for our guests. Something along the lines of a catamaran that can pick us up from the resort and goes to an area with caverns. I'd like there to be food and drinks on board and for the excursion to last about 4 hours. I haven't been able to find any threads about brides planning something like this and recommended vendors... has anyone else seen anything along these lines or can advise me where to look? Thanks in advance!
        We are taking our guests on a catamaran/snorkeling trip the day before our wedding. We booked the tour thru paradise catamarans. They will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel and you also have the choice of food and an open bar. We booked it for 4 hours in the morning.
        ~~Joanna~~

        Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

        http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

        #3564 taranyc

        taranyc
        • Jr. Member
        • 242 posts

          Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by SunBride
          Here is the thread I was thinking of, I guess it wasn't started by playaweddings (paul shrank) but he did respond and there is tons of good info:

          http://bestdestinati....eremony-24483/
          Thank you Sunbride! One of the girls there suggested that I contact Dreams directly because Marie and Charlie are so well know. I will let eveyone know what I hear back.

          tt


          #3565 L&A2010

          L&A2010
          • Jr. Member
          • 156 posts

            Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

            Sorry that I have to keep coming back to the room topic...
            Can anyone confirm that all rooms have showers? I noticed they say all rooms come with a TUB OR SHOWER and bidet. I had assumed that meant rooms that are not upgraded would not have a jacuzzi tub, but one of my guests just emailed me and they thought that meant that there is a possibility that they would ONLY have a tub, which would not be very convenient. Thanks to anyone who might help me clarify this.

            #3566 Cheri

            Cheri
            • Newbie
            • 110 posts

              Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by L&A2010
              Sorry that I have to keep coming back to the room topic...
              Can anyone confirm that all rooms have showers? I noticed they say all rooms come with a TUB OR SHOWER and bidet. I had assumed that meant rooms that are not upgraded would not have a jacuzzi tub, but one of my guests just emailed me and they thought that meant that there is a possibility that they would ONLY have a tub, which would not be very convenient. Thanks to anyone who might help me clarify this.
              My understanding is that all rooms have showers; however, only the Dreams rooms have bathtubs. The Hacienda side is showers only. That's from my TA.

              #3567 barbiegirl_27

              barbiegirl_27
              • Member
              • 946 posts

                Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

                I'm still waiting to hear about the cupcakes....just thought I'd give a little update. Natalia emailed me back not knowing what cupcakes are, so I emailed her back a picture, and she's emailed thanking me for the pic, and they are going to be checking with the chef! My fingers are crossed!

                #3568 *Krista*

                *Krista*
                • Member
                • 819 posts

                  Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cheri
                  My understanding is that all rooms have showers; however, only the Dreams rooms have bathtubs. The Hacienda side is showers only. That's from my TA.
                  The research I found is that only the Deluxe View Garden Room (the cheapest room - basic hacienda room) has ONLY a shower. The rest of the rooms (including the hacienda ocean view/front, etc) have at least a bathtub. The Dreams Rooms have the jacuzzi tub.

                  I was very disappointed to learn this because this was one of the reasons I chose Dreams Tulum (because I thought even the basic room had a single person jacuzzi bath tub). I thought the higher up rooms (Dreams Rooms) had double person jacuzzis. So I'm disappointed now and I'm afraid of how the guests might feel once they find out that there are no tubs in their rooms when they are spending $300 per night to stay there!
                  July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

                  #3569 taranyc

                  taranyc
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 242 posts

                    Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
                    Tara, I was told by the WC to let them know the dinner choices in advance. I am using ultimate package and am having the reception by the pool so it may be a different policy for the restaurant.

                    Thank you Joanna.

                    tt


                    #3570 Cheri

                    Cheri
                    • Newbie
                    • 110 posts

                      Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

                      I have a music question. Are you girls counting on your wedding coordinator to handle the music for your ceremony? I am going to rent the speakers as that was the advice from past brides, but am not too sure how the music part plays out. I am thinking of having 6 songs total; one when everyone is being seated, one for my flower girl, one for my ring bearers, one for me walking down the isle, one as background music during the vows and one as we're exiting. How in the world is that going to work? Do I need to bring shortened versions of the songs or will the coordinator know what to do?? I' m so lost on this subject, would appreciate any input!
                      On another subject, are most of you planning on going straight into your cocktail hour or are you leaving a gap so you can get pictures without missing the cocktail hour yourselves? These last minute thoughts are creeping up and haunting me!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users