The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
Samuel is shooting my wedding on the 25th!! I can't wait; he seems awesome!!
Hey Cheri- did you get Samuel a full day pass or a 1/2 day pass? Do we include him in the dinner? If so, where do I sit him to eat?
(Or do I just tell him I bought his day pass and go over to the buffet if he's hungry!! HAHAHA LOL IM JUST KIDDING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
Hey Cheri- did you get Samuel a full day pass or a 1/2 day pass? Do we include him in the dinner? If so, where do I sit him to eat?
(Or do I just tell him I bought his day pass and go over to the buffet if he's hungry!! HAHAHA LOL IM JUST KIDDING)
Hey AchiCA0547! I am actually paying for Samuel to stay at the resort overnight as part of the package so I won't need a day pass. Sorry I can't help with that one, but I would say a full-day pass just to make sure he is there to catch everything you want shot. I've read reviews where they actually don't even charge for day passes, but I guess it depends who's running the front desk. And, yes, I was planning on buying him dinner too even though it will cost a small fortune:-) I'm hoping a happy photographer makes a great photographer!!! Pictures are SOOO important to me; that's one area I'm not skimping on! See you there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
STUPID QUESTION- Aurora told me she loves the color black and NYC. She's helped me so much, I want to get her a tee shirt that says "I LOVE NY" in black... but I have no idea what size she is. Has anyone on here met Aurora before? What size do you think she'd be?
I met Aurora during our site visit. I think she could be a small but would suggest a medium to be on the safe side. I'm glad to hear that she's been helpful. I haven't had too much interaction with her yet since my wedding is still 9 months away. She was really patient and helpful during our site visit so hopefully, she'll be just as helpful when we come close to our wedding date and plan on the details.

MaxandKatie thank you so much for an update. I am floored at how helpful this site is that even after your wedding is over you come back and help us out - so nice!smile03.gif

I am interested in doing the ruins and snorkeling with my guests. I noticed that you can book online before you get there, but I think remember reading somewhere in this thread that it might be cheaper to book through the hotel or pay at the gate once you are there. Do you have any recommendations on this? I am looking for the cheapest option. Also, did you guys do a guided tour? If so, is that worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
Hey AchiCA0547! I am actually paying for Samuel to stay at the resort overnight as part of the package so I won't need a day pass. Sorry I can't help with that one, but I would say a full-day pass just to make sure he is there to catch everything you want shot. I've read reviews where they actually don't even charge for day passes, but I guess it depends who's running the front desk. And, yes, I was planning on buying him dinner too even though it will cost a small fortune:-) I'm hoping a happy photographer makes a great photographer!!! Pictures are SOOO important to me; that's one area I'm not skimping on! See you there!!
Awesome Cheri, thanks. I asked Aurora and she told me 1/2 day pass because he's coming 230-930... hopefully there is a nice person at the front desk who won't charge lol.
Okay, I will get him a dinner too. Where are you sitting him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourvm View Post
I met Aurora during our site visit. I think she could be a small but would suggest a medium to be on the safe side. I'm glad to hear that she's been helpful. I haven't had too much interaction with her yet since my wedding is still 9 months away.
THANK YOU!!! I will get her a medium. Yes Aurora has been awesome for me to work with. Very responsive. I have read on here that she may be the WC assistant, and when we get there a different WC helps with the wedding? Either way, Aurora has already been a pleasure to work with =) I have asked tons and tons of questions, I'm sure she thinks I'm annoying at this point hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourvm View Post
She was really patient and helpful during our site visit so hopefully, she'll be just as helpful when we come close to our wedding date and plan on the details.
I'm sorry, I should have asked this in my last post....
When you went for your site visit, could you possibly tell me some information on what the "relaxed pool" looks like? I've read some things on this site, but still do not have a good feel for what/where that pool is. Our reception is going to be at the relaxed pool, so I want to make sure there is going to be enough lighting for a 6p-9p reception. And is it terribly far from the Bar? At our receptions, how do we get our drinks? Are there waiters that go to the bar for us?