Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3261 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmb0902
    Just so you all know- I NEVER saw kids in the pool past 6... and no one was even around the pools for any of the receptions I saw... and we were there over Thanksgiving and the resort was packed. That's the first I've heard this, and we didnt' experience it the entire 7 days there... just so you know!!! =)
    I am really glad to hear this. It must have been just one of those rare occurances that just happened to happen when we were there. To me, it wasn't a big deal. Like I said, the kids were behaving. My fiance almost decided to look for another resort over it (a bit of an over reaction!). Either way, I'm glad we are still going Dreams!!!

#3262 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
    • 344 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jmb0902
      Just so you all know- I NEVER saw kids in the pool past 6... and no one was even around the pools for any of the receptions I saw... and we were there over Thanksgiving and the resort was packed. That's the first I've heard this, and we didnt' experience it the entire 7 days there... just so you know!!! =)
      I am really glad to hear this. It must have been just one of those rare occurances that just happened to happen when we were there. To me, it wasn't a big deal. Like I said, the kids were behaving. My fiance almost decided to look for another resort over it (a bit of an over reaction!). Either way, I'm glad we are still going Dreams!!!

#3263 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
      • 344 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

#3264 angruck

angruck
        • 248 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
          This is a question for any past brides that got there make up done at the spa....do you know what brand of make up they use?

I am not a make up person, but I do want to look flawless on my wedding day! I was thinking about going to the MAC counter at Macys to look at stuff. Do girls think it would be better to bring down my own make up for them to use or just use their stuff. I'm scared of getting a bad reaction on my wedding day
          they do great makeup---get Trinidad. before we left i went to sephora and bought my own foundation, bronzer and lipstick so I could touch up. Everything else I think you could use their makeup.
          Angela & Chris

#3265 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
          • 342 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by angruck
            they do great makeup---get Trinidad. before we left i went to sephora and bought my own foundation, bronzer and lipstick so I could touch up. Everything else I think you could use their makeup.
            thanks! i was thinking about going to Sephora and Macys next week.
            ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#3266 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
            • 177 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

I did a search through the thread but couldn't really find too much on this. I'll be getting married Nov 15 of this year and we're about to book our rooms and I was wondering which room other brides recommend and also, do you think we should just go with the cheapest room and try to upgrade once we get there?
              I really want a room with a jacuzzi but also hoping we might not have to pay for that (?). Besides the bride and groom, what room do you recommend I suggest to our guests booking?
              Here are our options in order of cheapest to most expensive:
              Deluxe Garden View
              Junior Suite Garden View
              Preferred Junior Suite Garden View
              Deluxe Ocean View
              Junior Suite Ocean View
              Preferred Junior Suite Ocean View
              Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front
              Hacienda Preferred Club Suite
              Deluxe Garden View Connecting
              Preferred Club Honeymoon Suite
              Hacienda Club Presidential Suite

Just don't want to waste my money if you girls don't think it was worth it. Thanks so much!
              Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
              Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
              And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

#3267 jewlz6678

jewlz6678
              • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:27 AM

Ours is June 26th :)

#3268 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

All of my guests stayed in the "deluxe" garden view (note, the word deluxe should not be there) and they were all fine with their rooms, they preferred to save their money rather than pay extra for the more expensive room.

You may get a free upgrade, but you can't count on it, although most brides have gotten it.

check out the reviews, lots of people talk about what they and their guests thought of the rooms in their reviews, I know when I got married almost 2 years ago it was like the #1 topic of discussion on the DT thread

#3269 mandymert

mandymert
                  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Wow! great info.....
                    Does any one have any good tips and/or info on using DT groups/meeting with thier DW party. Meaning.... Having the resort block off a bunch of rooms (pre-arranged) with the groupes coordinator (because the wedding coordinator won't do it). anyone have any previous dealing along these lines.
                    I am looking for ideas and/or help with what to tell guest.. book threw the resort or go threw orbitz or one of the other travel sites. I would like to save them as much as possiable. I am having guilt trip
                    Thanks

#3270 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
                    • 706 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

Hi,
                      When we got to the hotel, we just asked that all our rooms be near each other. It wasn't a problem, besides the hotel is small enough that it's not that much of a distance between rooms.

As to upgrade, we got it when we got to the resort. We asked and one my girlfriends piped up that we brought 19 people with us so they were good about it.

P.S. Don't feel guilty, your guests will have a wonderful time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users