Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3231 angie_tx

angie_tx
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Is anyone having trouble clicking and opening reviews and planning threads, every time i try is takes me back to the home page and when i copy and paste is still takes me back to the home page...
    very confusing, and i would love to see some planning threads...
    thanks

#3232 jmb0902

jmb0902
    • 496 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:14 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by angie_tx
      Does anyone know if there is room to dance if your having your reception at the dolphin pool terrace, and if so should i rent a dance floor or is that pointless because there's already a hard surface to dance on?

Also does ayone know if you should keep all reciepts for goods that you bring down in your suitcase? Is there a max of $200?

Thanks!
      Hey Angie! We had our reception at the Dolphin terrace, and there is a perfect set up for a "dance floor"... we hired DJ Dorremixx and it worked out well. It's just concrete, but it was better than having them set up an actual dance floor that costs a couple hundred $$. You may be able to see some pics of the set up in my planning thread =)

#3233 angie_tx

angie_tx
      • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Thanks!! I loved your planning thread, you had so many unique ideas. did your paper laterns have any light in them? i was thinking of buying the same number of laterns that you had, but all the ladies were saying they had some light issues by the pool and paper laterns were a great way to help with that. Thanks,

p.s. i loved that side braide in your hair!!! :)

#3234 jmb0902

jmb0902
        • 496 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Quote:
          Thanks!! I loved your planning thread, you had so many unique ideas. did your paper laterns have any light in them? i was thinking of buying the same number of laterns that you had, but all the ladies were saying they had some light issues by the pool and paper laterns were a great way to help with that. Thanks,

p.s. i loved that side braide in your hair!!! :)
          Thank you! Our lanterns did have LED throwies in them (there is a thread on how to make them)-- but I will say they were more for the look than for light. The DJ's lights helped a lot too. I didn't really think not having that much light was an "issue" for us... the only thing we really needed it for was signing the guest book and reading the menu!

#3235 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
          • 177 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

Did you have to make the menu template for guests to read during dinner or does the resort do that part? How soon do you have to pick the menu items?
            Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
            Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
            And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

#3236 ourvm

ourvm
            • 211 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

Quote:
              Is anyone having trouble clicking and opening reviews and planning threads, every time i try is takes me back to the home page and when i copy and paste is still takes me back to the home page...
              very confusing, and i would love to see some planning threads...
              thanks
              Hi Angie - Welcome to the forum! I agree with you - I have trouble clicking through too. I think some of the newer threads you can get to - it's the older posts/threads that seem to bring you back to the home page.

#3237 TaraLeanne

TaraLeanne
              • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:35 AM

We are thinking of bringing extra tulle for the gazebo (like in JeninVirginia's set-up) - does anyone know the dimensions of the gazebo?

Thanks!

#3238 Blkatz

Blkatz
                • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by OceanWonderland
                  Did you have to make the menu template for guests to read during dinner or does the resort do that part? How soon do you have to pick the menu items?
                  Yes you have to make a menu template.
                  I think we picked our menu about a month before the wedding.

#3239 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
                  • 342 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jmb0902
                    Hey Angie! We had our reception at the Dolphin terrace, and there is a perfect set up for a "dance floor"... we hired DJ Dorremixx and it worked out well. It's just concrete, but it was better than having them set up an actual dance floor that costs a couple hundred $$. You may be able to see some pics of the set up in my planning thread =)
                    I am thinking of having my reception by the dolphin pool. I originally thought the adult pool but i don't want to hear the nightly entertainment which I think is by el patio.

I am having 40 guests, do you think there will be enough room for tables and dancing by the Dolphin pool? I also hired DJ Doremixx and got the light up dance floor. Will there be room for a dance floor or should I just get rid of it?
                    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#3240 angie_tx

angie_tx
                    • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone know how many tables they have set up at the cocktail hour? just so i can start thinkig of decor items for those tables...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users