Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3141 crazyldy

crazyldy
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:44 AM

I leave in 14 days for the wedding I really hoped it hasn't changed

#3142 *Krista*

*Krista*
    • 819 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

I emailed Aurora a while back asking her about that - if I could do the $20 option plus $750 private event fee if I choose the free package, and she never responded to my question. I'm going to email her again to clarify.
      July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#3143 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
      • 342 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

Here are the links to the catamaran websites. There are different prices depending on the amount of people. I never heard back from the last company, Cancun Catamarans, and i just noticed on their webste that tours are non-refundable once you reserve so i rather not go with them.

Reserve Your Mayan Riviera Tour Online with Paradise Catamarans

Private Catamaran Charter in the Riviera Maya
        ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#3144 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
        • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Ugh, I agree with the $20 thing..I am going to ask about it right now. That seemed like a much better deal .

#3145 Cheri

Cheri
          • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
            Here are the links to the catamaran websites. There are different prices depending on the amount of people. I never heard back from the last company, Cancun Catamarans, and i just noticed on their webste that tours are non-refundable once you reserve so i rather not go with them.

Please let me know if anyone else is told differently. I'm starting to freak out a little bit; more people are RSVP'ing than I had planned for and having to pay $55 or $65 pp plus
            $30something for cocktail hour might just kill me!! That will be over $100 pp, plus $25 for each kiddo, so a typical family of 4 will cost me around $250 with service fees and tax. Now,that hurts!!

#3146 Cheri

Cheri
            • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jerzygirl85

Thanks so much, Jerzeygirl85!!

#3147 Cheri

Cheri
              • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cheri
                Please let me know if anyone else is told differently. I'm starting to freak out a little bit; more people are RSVP'ing than I had planned for and having to pay $55 or $65 pp plus
                $30something for cocktail hour might just kill me!! That will be over $100 pp, plus $25 for each kiddo, so a typical family of 4 will cost me around $250 with service fees and tax. Now,that hurts!!
                Sorry! I somehow posted my response under the wrong posting! I meant to put it in with the whole $20 dinner thing! Oops!

#3148 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
                • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hey Cheri, I feel you. I am trying to go over the whole budget thing, too. Do you have any paperwork or printed emails that you could bring with you on your trip? That way you could show the wedding coordinator that you were already expecting to pay for one thing, and it's not fair to change it.... Just an idea.

#3149 *Krista*

*Krista*
                  • 819 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cheri
                    Hey Cheri I can see your dilemma. Question - have they booked their flights/hotel already, or have they just RSVP'd? What I found is that lots of people said yes they wanted to come, but now that it's time to start booking, people are backing out and saying it's too much money or they can't go after all. My original 30 is now more like 15. Just a suggestion to check that out so that you can save yourself some stress. :)
                    July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#3150 Cheri

Cheri
                    • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

No, I don't. I have the Ultimate package booked and honestly, I wasn't too worried because I didn't think I'd go too many people over the package limit of 20. I just read about the $20 on this forum and had that in the back of my head as backup. Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out one way or another, right:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users