Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3071 angruck

angruck
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

Hi Everyone!!! Just got back from the wedding and it was great!!! I plan to do a review but need a night of doing nothing!!! It was wonderful----Dreams Tulum was spectacular!!!!!
    Angela & Chris

#3072 jmb0902

jmb0902
    • 496 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547
      Wow, your wedding looked absolutely amazing!! You are beautiful!! I really hope my wedding will look similar to the weddings on this website, as I have not a creative bone in my body.

I do have one question- maybe I missed it somewhere on your thread, I'm sorry if I did! What menu option did you use? I haven't seen that menu in any of the other threads or on the Dreams website. Was it the gold or silver or??
      Hey girl! It's okay - I didn't have it written in my planning thread. I used the Silver Menu- and as far as I know everything was great. The appetizers we had were amazing, definitely a hit - I'll make sure I include them in my review =)

#3073 Mccrary

Mccrary
      • 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

I think I know the answer to this but I want to make sure with the ultimate package is the $750 fee included for a private party or do you have to pay this on top of the $2760 for the package?

Also I am looking for a reception location not on the beach but with a view of the beach open air concept. Suggestions? Dolphin pool seaside grill?

#3074 Mccrary

Mccrary
        • 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

If anyone would like I have the 2010 package and rate I don't know how to upload them to this site but I can email them to anyone who would like.

#3075 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
          • 344 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by angruck
            Hi Everyone!!! Just got back from the wedding and it was great!!! I plan to do a review but need a night of doing nothing!!! It was wonderful----Dreams Tulum was spectacular!!!!!
            Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

#3076 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
            • 706 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

Quote:
              Congrats, I leave in less than a month and it's so good to read good feedback.

#3077 angruck

angruck
              • 248 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

i will be doing a full review---but my best advice is trust the coordinators. I know it seems like they are hard to get ahold of but they are extremely organized and do a wonderful job.
                Angela & Chris

#3078 TaraLeanne

TaraLeanne
                • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

Quote:
                  Congrats!! I can't wait to read your review and see your pictures!!

#3079 angruck

angruck
                  • 248 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mccrary
                    I think I know the answer to this but I want to make sure with the ultimate package is the $750 fee included for a private party or do you have to pay this on top of the $2760 for the package?

Also I am looking for a reception location not on the beach but with a view of the beach open air concept. Suggestions? Dolphin pool seaside grill?

The $750 is if you want to rent out a restaurant. That you would have to pay if you want to be the only people there. You can be on the beach, by a pool, or in the ballrooms for free. If you want to save money I recommend picking one of those places.
                    Angela & Chris

#3080 SunBride

SunBride
                    • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

First of all, congrats to all the new brides who have joined in the past few weeks.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nevesta
                      Hi Leslie,

I got married in November at 2 pm. I wanted the 4 o'clock spot, but it was taken; then when I asked about the time slot again, it turned out the 4 pm couple canceled, but we still couldn't have that slot because it was "too late" [rolls eyes]. This is, by the way, why I still haven't written my review: there were so many things I was not happy with that I'm afraid the whole review will be just that, listing the problems. One thing I've learned: be more assertive and demanding if you want to get what you want. I was too laid back a bride, and ended up being frustrated at the wedding because things did not go smoothly the whole time.
                      So sorry to hear you are not very satisfied with your experience. You should definitely write a review, it will help other brides avoid whatever problems you had. Most of the brides are very happy with their experience and the reviews are almost all positive, so it's good to have some negative ones in a while to balance things out.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dannah
                      Is there anyone that decided not to have a reception? We are getting married in the chapel at noon, and thought of having a cocktail hour directly afterwards and then a reception on the beach or at the dolphin pool at about 6 that night. But quite honestly, it's a getting a bit pricey and stressful - which is why I decided on a destination wedding anyway, less stress and less money. Has anyone simply had a cocktail hour and dinner world cafe? How did it go?
                      A few brides have had their reception at the World Caf© and have been happy with it. I think it's a wonderful idea. A great way to still have a nice fun reception but save some money.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cyntherella
                      You mentioned that guests hung out at the sugar reef bar while you had photo's and then cocktails started at 5pm. During cocktail hour, did you have access to a bar? Was it a private bar for your wedding? Was there limited drinks? Or did you just use the resort bar? Maybe I'm totally crazy, but I don't understand how the bar works. I know that our reception comes with some "cocktails" and some dinner wine... but what about other drinks? My fiance is a former hockey player and 1/2 our guests are hockey boys, and they'll want to have a bar available. Am I going crazy? We've booked the Seaside Grill for our reception... not sure where the cocktails will be.
                      I know some have already answered this but just to clarify, it is an all inclusive resort and you can always take advantage of the all inclusive options. Where you have to pay more is where you want a special service, like bartenders to serve your group for cocktail hour, or taking over half the restaurant for your reception.

So yes, even if you have a cocktail hour with servers serving sparkling wine and whatever else, your guests who prefer something else can just go to the nearest bar and get their own drinks.

Quote:

If you have a private event in a restaurant, you have to pay 750$ on top of your wedding package.

For a view of the beach, without being on the beach, your options would be El Patio, Seaside Grill, or one of the pools.

Quote:
                      If anyone would like I have the 2010 package and rate I don't know how to upload them to this site but I can email them to anyone who would like.
                      The 2010 guide is already on page 1 in the attachments section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users