Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3011 angruck

angruck
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmb0902
    Hey ladies!!! I just wanted to let you know I'm back from my November 28th wedding at DT.... and it was everything I wanted it to be!! I loved every second of it, and it's sad/wet/cold to be home! I am working on my planning and review, so don't worry - it's going to be pretty extensive though =) Which I know you like to hear!! Anabel was our WC and she was the sweetest, most hard-working person I have ever met... as is the rest of the DT staff. I wanted to let you know I posted some TTD/After Session teasers from my photog (she blogged them in the Cancun airport, that's how awesome she is). I am so lucky to have had her (Critsey Rowe in case any of you are wondering). So until next time, ENJOY!

http://bestdestinati....9/#post1089860

your TTD are incredible!!! I can't wait to see other pictures and your review!
    Angela & Chris

#3012 michellek03/10

michellek03/10
    • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hi my name is Michelle and I am getting married at dreams tulum on March 17, 2010
      99 days to go....

#3013 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
      • 177 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

Wow...ummm ok, not sure about this but one of the April 2010 brides is getting married at Dreams Punta Cuna (sp?) and she said she just got the new wedding package info. and it says ... "The Ultimate wedding package and the Dreams of Love wedding package inlcude dinner-reception per 3 hour event at the Ballroom or On the outdoor locations , wedding groups smaller than 25 people could be at the restaurants , just consider the fact that special music or dancing is not allowed , in that case we suggest the ballroom." She already booked her wedding, so it 'might' not be a problem...and I've been trying to book my wedding at Dreams Tulum for the last 2 months but have to keep changing the date and so haven't officially sent in my signed forms meaning I would definitely be using this updated requirements. If I'm only allowed to have music played in the ballroom, then that's a HUGE difference and could easily impact my decision to change locations. Does that mean all through dinner there would be no music? No first dance? Why even rent out a restaurant then?? Has anyone else got the new updated wedding information package and understand what it means by no music in restaurants or outdoor locations? I'm so disappointed as I thought this would be the perfect place, but music is very important to me and I really don't want to fly to a destination wedding and get married in a freakin' ballroom. I could do that anywhere!
        Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
        Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
        And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

#3014 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
        • 177 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

Oh, and they also said that the setup fee has increased for the ceremony and is now $15/pp. I don't want to spend $500 buckaroos just for them to tie some bows onto the chairs and maybe string some tealights up.
          Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
          Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
          And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

#3015 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
          • 59 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by OceanWonderland
            Wow...ummm ok, not sure about this but one of the April 2010 brides is getting married at Dreams Punta Cuna (sp?) and she said she just got the new wedding package info. and it says ... "The Ultimate wedding package and the Dreams of Love wedding package inlcude dinner-reception per 3 hour event at the Ballroom or On the outdoor locations , wedding groups smaller than 25 people could be at the restaurants , just consider the fact that special music or dancing is not allowed , in that case we suggest the ballroom." She already booked her wedding, so it 'might' not be a problem...and I've been trying to book my wedding at Dreams Tulum for the last 2 months but have to keep changing the date and so haven't officially sent in my signed forms meaning I would definitely be using this updated requirements. If I'm only allowed to have music played in the ballroom, then that's a HUGE difference and could easily impact my decision to change locations. Does that mean all through dinner there would be no music? No first dance? Why even rent out a restaurant then?? Has anyone else got the new updated wedding information package and understand what it means by no music in restaurants or outdoor locations? I'm so disappointed as I thought this would be the perfect place, but music is very important to me and I really don't want to fly to a destination wedding and get married in a freakin' ballroom. I could do that anywhere!
            Hi There,

You can still have an outdoor reception at either the adult pool, activity pool or of course the beach. Even if you have less than 25 guests.

Some brides choose to have their reception at the restaurant if they are a smaller group(its cheaper). It is only in the restaurant that you cannot have a DJ. (They do not close the restaurant, that is why you can't have a DJ.)

If you are a larger group (I think 40ppl or more), depending on hotel occupancy, you can rent the seaside restaurant for a private event (extra 750$ I believe) and there you can have your DJ.

I hope this info has helped!

Good luck!

Jessica

#3016 SunBride

SunBride
            • 1,499 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

I would not assume that the info for Dreams Punta Cana is the same as Dreams Tulum.

You can have music and dancing for a pool or beach reception. You can also have it if you have a private reception in the restaurant (which is only allowed if the resort is not at high capacity and if you pay the 750$ private event fee).

#3017 angruck

angruck
              • 248 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:22 AM

Hi ladies,

I leave tomorrow morning for my wedding on Saturday!!! Wish me luck! I will come back armed with good tips and information.
                Angela & Chris

#3018 oasisgirl

oasisgirl
                • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:54 AM

Hi, can you please show me some photo gallery links to Reception at the Relax Pool from past weddings? I tried the search function on the forum but came up 10+ pages of unrelated results! Thanks!

Still learning to master the search function...

#3019 Dannah

Dannah
                  • 16 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

Congratulations! We are getting married April 19th...also at 12 pm. A little early for my liking too. I have the same questions, what to do with guests between the ceremony & dinner...let me know if you come up witha great idea and I will do the same!

#3020 Dannah

Dannah
                    • 16 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BrideBarbie
                      Congratulations on booking your date! Now comes the fun part!
                      Congratulations! We are getting married April 19th...also at 12 pm. A little early for my liking too. I have the same questions, what to do with guests between the ceremony & dinner...let me know if you come up witha great idea and I will do the same!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users