Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2961 *Krista*

*Krista*
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
    I hope not!! I'm planning on having my reception there. I had sent an email to Landy and Natalia about the locations and neither mentioned to me that this would not be an option.
    Me too! I'm also planning to have my reception there, and I didn't hear that from them. I'm having a Saturday wedding....
    July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#2962 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
    • 342 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by violetvixen
      I was on tripadvisor.com recently (I read the reviews for DT there from time to time) and someone had posted that they were irritated that the evening events are scheduled around, or sometimes cancelled due to, weddings at the resort. Actually several of the reviews pointed out that DT really prioritizes their wedding business over that of the standard vacationers. It sounded to me that entertainment is scheduled around the location of wedding receptions.

Which, I suppose, is good news for us here on this board!
      Weddings seem to be the money maker over there so I guess it doesn't surprise me that they would do that. I do kinda feel bad for all the other guests though...I know I would be extremely upset if I went away on vacation and the entertainment was cancelled due to a wedding. They could always have it somewhere else on the resort.
      ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#2963 motorola_mascott

motorola_mascott
      • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
        Weddings seem to be the money maker over there so I guess it doesn't surprise me that they would do that. I do kinda feel bad for all the other guests though...I know I would be extremely upset if I went away on vacation and the entertainment was cancelled due to a wedding. They could always have it somewhere else on the resort.
        I definately do not think they plan around the weddings. I was married there in April - and the entertainment schedule is the same as it is currently (with the LOUD) firedancers on Saturday night. I would not want to have my reception at the adults only pool as you would definately be able to hear the sounds of the drums. I had my reception (on a Tuesday) at the dolphins pool and it was so elegant and beautiful (plus a lot less windy than the adults only poolside area).

#2964 christie_danielle

christie_danielle
        • 19 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

Just got back from Dreams Tulum yesterday from our wedding on November 20, 2009. I have to write a more thorough review for you guys, but just wanted to let you all know that it was PHENOMENAL! Absolutely amazing time at Dreams Tulum and what a beautiful wedding we had!! To anyone getting married there in the future, you absolutely made the right choice!

#2965 BrideBarbie

BrideBarbie
          • 136 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:20 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by christie_danielle
            Just got back from Dreams Tulum yesterday from our wedding on November 20, 2009. I have to write a more thorough review for you guys, but just wanted to let you all know that it was PHENOMENAL! Absolutely amazing time at Dreams Tulum and what a beautiful wedding we had!! To anyone getting married there in the future, you absolutely made the right choice!
            Thanks for the reassurance. I look at it as, there are probably better venues and worse venues, but once we have made up our mind on Dreams Tulum, the only fun and healthy thing to do is embrace the positive. I am so excited to have my wedding there and can't wait!

#2966 IvanG

IvanG
            • Vendor
            • 967 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:10 AM

Hola!

If you want PM your e-mail and I can send you some photos from a wedding reception on last April 11th, 2009 in ballrooms.

Best

#2967 Nevesta

Nevesta
              • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

Hey guys,

So we got married at Dreams on November 14. Some things I wish we'd done differently, some were perfect... Waiting for the pics from Sol.

I want to thank everyone, especially SunBride and Blkatz for all the information that was shared here!

#2968 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
                • 75 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

I can't wait to read your reviews! Congrats on the recent weddings!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

#2969 lolosmama

lolosmama
                  • 232 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hi all, I just got home last night from our amazing wedding & honeymoon trip!! I was married Nov 17th on the beach, with the reception at the Seaside Grill. I will post a full review in the next few days. I have to say I was more than impressed with the service and attention at Dreams!!

#2970 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
                    • 342 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Congrats Nevesta and Maggie!! Can't wait to read your reviews :)
                      ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users