| Originally Posted by oasisgirl |
This is my first time posting... My ceremony is booked for May 13th, 2010 at 4:30pm! =) I'm sooo excited. Anyone else getting marry that day/week at DT?
I have a couple of questions as I started thinking about the day and was hoping you guys can help...
1) I'm planning to have the cocktail after the ceremony, so it's easier for pictures. Where are good locations for the cocktail? Is it just by the beach where the ceremony is held?
2) How far in advance did you ladies booked your reception location?
3) What are some good reception locations at DT? I'd really like to have the reception outside. I'm from Canada, so I want to take full advantage of the (hopefully) lovely and warm weather! =) Though what are the downside for having it outside (ie: too dark, end early, too cold, too windy, bugs, etc)?
4) A couple of friends are considering staying at another hotel. I spoke to Aurora and she said they would have to buy hotel passes. I thought this is rather unfair since I'm already paying for their food and everything for the events. Not to mention that I'm already double paying for all the guests are staying at DT who technically have already paid for all the food/drinks because they purchased the all-inclusive packages. Is there any way around this? Plus, would they need to buy hotel passes every time they want to come visit me or hang out with me at DT?
5) What should I need to think about or get done ASAP in the next two months?
THANKS for you guys' help in advance!!! It's so much nicer to have other people to talk to during this arduous planning process! Because the only response I get out of my fiance is "I don't know. They all look the same to me." **LOL** Man!
I think now days they are only booking the reception locations a month before you arrive? Can't remember, maybe somebody else can answer.
With outdoor receptions, some people have complained about lighting (usually not an issue as they do have outdoor lights), wind (blowing sand around) and bugs. But in general most of the brides who have their receptions outdoors recommend it to others, even in spite of these issues. Again check out the reviews.
Well it's only fair that if your guests aren't staying there they would have to pay the day pass. Yes it's true that you are paying twice for your guests, but that's because you are getting a special service that's not part of the all-inclusive option. Yes your friends would also have to pay any time they visit. There are no wristbands at Dreams Tulum, so once they are on the property, they would have access to all the amenities including food and alcohol.
| Originally Posted by OceanWonderland |
I was wondering what type of dance floor the hotel provides? Is there an option to get the light up dance floor to have for a beach reception? If so, is the cost similar (~$600-800)? I'm not planning on using a DJ, just renting or bringing speakers and playing my own ipod playlist, but would love to have a light up dance floor. Just wondering if it's an option or not.