Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2781 *Krista*

*Krista*
  • 819 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by violetvixen
    it does sounds like the cost for renting speakers has gone up from $150 to $165. As in, $165 for the ceremony, then another $165 for the reception. Heck, for that price I can just buy one of the Bose iPod docking stations and bring it with me! They have a portable one for $300, and they have a big sound that I think would really carry outside.
    Yeah! I thought that was pretty ridiculous when I heard the price. However, what I don't understand is the wedding guide for 2010 that Aurora sent me, it says $150 for ceremony for 30 minutes, not $165 as she quoted me. But it definitely does say $240 for the reception for 3 hours. That's $390 just for a speaker system for the ceremony and reception!! Maybe a few of us brides should buy a speaker system and share it, since there are a few of us getting married around the same time, you on June 19, I think there are a few in the last week of June, and I'm July 10, and then jayreneewed on July 15. We could split the cost of buying a system, and then just pass it from bride to bride
    July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#2782 starlitk

starlitk
    • 76 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BellaBeachBabe
      Hi Ladies!

I got the worst news possible today! I have to change my wedding date!

This was so unexpected.........
      Soooo sorry to hear that! Thank goodness you are a DT bride! These girls have been through governmental closures and the swine flu, so I don't think you could find a better support group for this kind of thing. :) Hang in there, and just remember that it will work out - no matter which day it happens, it'll be fantastic.

#2783 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
      • 344 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hi everyone!! I just got back from a site visit and got ALOT of good info. I have some pictures and details that may be of use for everyone. In the next day or too, I'll get everything posted.

Highlights - -

#2784 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
        • 344 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Highlights:
          1. I have photos of the floral arrangements available for the Ultimate package... both of them. You get to pick either flowers on the canopy or flowers lingin th aisle.
          2. I sat with one of the resort photographers and went through some of the weddings they shot. They do really nice work! I was surprised. They can do fish eye shots, sepias and basic edits. You get the cd so if you want to photoshop pics at home to make them more "artsy" you can.
          3. Watched 2 legal ceremony weddings. Both couples were happy with their weddings (we asked them!)

I'll put more info together when I have more time. But I am sure Dreams Tulum is a good decision for our wedding!!

Amy

#2785 TaraLeanne

TaraLeanne
          • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

Hi Ladies!!

I'm fairly new to this website but I've noticed that you guys provide tons of great information and I thank you!!!

We've booked our wedding date!! April 29, 2010!!

Our ceremony is at 12 pm (a little early for my liking) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any good ideas of what to get the guests to do from after the ceremony until dinner time?

Also, is there anyone else on here that has their wedding during the same week as our (April 24 - May 1, 2010)

Any further tips, advice on locations, or suggestions to help us start planning would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
            Tara

#2786 BrideBarbie

BrideBarbie
            • 136 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TaraLeanne
              Hi Ladies!!

I'm fairly new to this website but I've noticed that you guys provide tons of great information and I thank you!!!

Our ceremony is at 12 pm (a little early for my liking) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any good ideas of what to get the guests to do from after the ceremony until dinner time?

Also, is there anyone else on here that has their wedding during the same week as our (April 24 - May 1, 2010)

Any further tips, advice on locations, or suggestions to help us start planning would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
              Tara
              Congratulations on booking your date! Now comes the fun part!

#2787 cyntherella

cyntherella
              • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by violetvixen
                it does sounds like the cost for renting speakers has gone up from $150 to $165. As in, $165 for the ceremony, then another $165 for the reception. Heck, for that price I can just buy one of the Bose iPod docking stations and bring it with me! They have a portable one for $300, and they have a big sound that I think would really carry outside.
                We thought of that too, since we already have an ipod docking system that we'll be bringing.... but the major reason for us renting is to have the mic for our vows. Nothing worse than going to a wedding and not being able to hear the couple talk. .... but I suppose that depends on the size as well.
                Cyndi Goodjohn - January 7th, 2010
                Our Wedding Photos
                Our Ultimate Package "50 Photos"

#2788 tkolman773

tkolman773
                • 167 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for posting info about your site visit! My wedding is Dec 23 and I'd love to hear what you learned and thought about the resort!

#2789 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
                  • 342 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TaraLeanne
                    Hi Ladies!!

Thanks!
                    Tara

Congratulations Tara! I am getting married on April 24th.
                    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#2790 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
                    • 59 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for all your support ladies!

I have now booked a new date, June 23rd, 2010! Thankfully my DJ and photograher are available that day! Now I can get back to the planning!

Thanks again everyone!

BTW, Any DT brides on June 23rd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users