Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2751 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

you aren't allowed in the ruins in your dress, I know, I had to leave. But you can access the tulum beach (not the ruins beach) which is supposedly just as nice as the beach at the ruins, it's a bit further down the road (a few minute south), I'm not sure exactly how to get there, you'd have to ask at the resort.

#2752 jmb0902

jmb0902
    • 496 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:00 AM

Quick question--

Does anyone know what this $20 pp menu for the receptions is like? Like what your choices are? I can't find it in the guide or anywhere... thanks!

#2753 lolosmama

lolosmama
      • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:30 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jmb0902
        Quick question--

Does anyone know what this $20 pp menu for the receptions is like? Like what your choices are? I can't find it in the guide or anywhere... thanks!
        I emailed this exact question to Anabel yesterday, so hopefully I'll hear back by tomorrow, lol. I am trying to fill out the Wedding Planning Form, and it is so unclear when you are using the free package and adding on. Are you using the Wedding in Paradise package also? How many guests do you have, and where are you planning on having your reception?

#2754 carmen2009

carmen2009
        • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jmb0902
          Quick question--

I'm confused about a couple of things too. They sent me an email responding that i could only use the $20 menu if I had the reception at one of the resturants. From the email, it sounded like that wasnt an option if you wanted to have a reception at the pool. I dont know.....JoAnn have you decided on a reception location yet?

#2755 lolosmama

lolosmama
          • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by carmen2009
            I'm confused about a couple of things too. They sent me an email responding that i could only use the $20 menu if I had the reception at one of the resturants. From the email, it sounded like that wasnt an option if you wanted to have a reception at the pool. I dont know.....JoAnn have you decided on a reception location yet?
            It is all so confusing!! Landy's email to me back in February said:
            IN RELATION WITH YOUR QUESTION PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWER

Advise if dinner is
            available on the beach or poolside for 30-40 guests? THERE IS AND EXTRA
            CHARGE OF 750 USD PER EVENT, BECAUSE THERE IS NOT INCLUDED THIS FEE IN THE
            PACAKGE FOR SET UP

Advise if pricing is
            correct (10 ppl free, $20/person for additional 20-30 guests)? NO, THE 20
            USD PER PERSON PLUS SERVICE AND TAX, WOULD BE FOR EACH PEOPLE

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A SET MENU AND JUST PAY THE 20 USD PER PERSON THE OPTION CAN BE AT THE BALLROOM BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT OUTSIDE THERE IS AN EXTRA FEE 750 USD FOR SET UP PLUS THE 20 USD PER PERSON

Kind regards

Landy Cahum Reyes
            Coordinadora de Bodas
            Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spa
            Tel.: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.53
            weddings@dreamstulum.com.mx
            Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

#2756 carmen2009

carmen2009
            • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lolosmama
              It is all so confusing!! Landy's email to me back in February said:
              IN RELATION WITH YOUR QUESTION PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWER

Advise if dinner is
              available on the beach or poolside for 30-40 guests? THERE IS AND EXTRA
              CHARGE OF 750 USD PER EVENT, BECAUSE THERE IS NOT INCLUDED THIS FEE IN THE
              PACAKGE FOR SET UP

Advise if pricing is
              correct (10 ppl free, $20/person for additional 20-30 guests)? NO, THE 20
              USD PER PERSON PLUS SERVICE AND TAX, WOULD BE FOR EACH PEOPLE

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A SET MENU AND JUST PAY THE 20 USD PER PERSON THE OPTION CAN BE AT THE BALLROOM BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT OUTSIDE THERE IS AN EXTRA FEE 750 USD FOR SET UP PLUS THE 20 USD PER PERSON

Kind regards

Landy Cahum Reyes
              Coordinadora de Bodas
              Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spa
              Tel.: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.53
              weddings@dreamstulum.com.mx
              Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

That's confusing. Because I was told from day 1 that there was not a $750 charge to have your reception at the pool. However, there was a charge to have it el patio and seaside grill.

#2757 lolosmama

lolosmama
              • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
                That's confusing. Because I was told from day 1 that there was not a $750 charge to have your reception at the pool. However, there was a charge to have it el patio and seaside grill.
                This is in conjunction with the free package. Are you using the Dreams of Love or Ultimate package? I don't think you have to pay extra for an outdoor reception with either of those.

#2758 carmen2009

carmen2009
                • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lolosmama
                  This is in conjunction with the free package. Are you using the Dreams of Love or Ultimate package? I don't think you have to pay extra for an outdoor reception with either of those.
                  Okay, I am having the Dreams of Love Package.

#2759 honeybear

honeybear
                  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Ladies I need to ask for some advice as I am really torn on whether to do our reception on the beach or by the relax pool.
                    For those who did their reception on the beach: Did you have any trouble with it being windy, not private enough, or not enough lighting? What did you do for dancing?
                    For those who did their reception by the relax pool: Did you have any issues with it not being private enough, or tables & chairs set up too close to the pool's edge, etc?

Thank you so much for all of your help!

#2760 Tisha316

Tisha316
                    • 71 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
                      Okay, I am having the Dreams of Love Package.
                      To the ladies, Honeybear, and ESP Sunbride:)

I am having the ultimate dreams package and with the advice of sunbride I think we are going to go ahead forgo the cocktail hour and meet at one of the bars and pay the extra per person for the silver or gold menu for the dinner...my question to you all is...
                      1) Which bar should I have everyone meet at before the reception that would be NICE and close to the beach wedding and our reception location...which brings me to my next question...
                      2) Where to have the reception...? I saw a beautiful set up on Starlitk's by the pool, but not sure which one it is, and which pool is the one with the arch walkway? We are having 42 guests so what would be the best option?
                      3) I don't think we are having a DJ. Just bringing the ipod...i have seen some girls do that and it worked out great. Can I have music as I walk down the BEACH:) to my hubby?
                      4) How do we set up the Ipod...should I bring my own BOSE docking station...it's pretty loud...? Or do they have something I can use and what would be best? I want to avoid ALL extra or hidden costs as possible because we are ALSO having a Stateside reception which is enlarging our budget!! thanks ladies:) Love this forum!! Love all of you...and can't wait for the Oct 10th wedding pix and review post!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users