Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2681 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

SunBride-

I was just able to open some of the attachments from page 1 - - The photos of the resorts standard bouquets look a little lack luster. Are the flowers better in person? Should I be bringing my own photos for the resort to try and match?
    Amy

#2682 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Amy you might want to try to email the wedding coordinators some pictures of the bouquet you have in mind.
      This was mine and I was really happy with it
      Click the image to open in full size.

#2683 ddk5576

ddk5576
      • 209 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

So some disappointing news....I will no longer be a Tulum bride Everyone and their brother has jumped on possible dates for us in the evening on a Friday, from March thru July! Our TA's salesperson had a death in the family and we were unable to get the date that we were told was still available (May 28th, 2010 evening). We are in the process of checking other Dreams locations. I am still so grateful for EVERYONE'S input & information on this site, as I will still come to it for great ideas and help with any input/ideas I have! Much love to you all!! Wish me luck!

#2684 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
        • 344 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Blkatz
          Amy you might want to try to email the wedding coordinators some pictures of the bouquet you have in mind.
          This was mine and I was really happy with it
          Click the image to open in full size.
          You have a beautiful bouquet!! I guess I need to start researching pics. Did you have to pay extra for a custom bouquet?

#2685 northernflasher

northernflasher
          • 499 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ddk5576
            So some disappointing news....I will no longer be a Tulum bride Everyone and their brother has jumped on possible dates for us in the evening on a Friday, from March thru July! Our TA's salesperson had a death in the family and we were unable to get the date that we were told was still available (May 28th, 2010 evening). We are in the process of checking other Dreams locations. I am still so grateful for EVERYONE'S input & information on this site, as I will still come to it for great ideas and help with any input/ideas I have! Much love to you all!! Wish me luck!
            Sorry to hear that but im sure it will be wonderful wherever you choose, the world is a beautiful place and you have all the inspiration you need right here on this forum. Good luck for everything.
            Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#2686 carmen2009

carmen2009
            • 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Does anyone have a picture of their menus. I want to have some menus made. Any recommendations?

#2687 carmen2009

carmen2009
              • 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

Now that I've analyzed this a little more there are some grammatical errors and some of it just doesnt make sense.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carmen2009
                Menu Question: There are some typos in silver menu (ex. mozzarella cheese spelled wrong). Has anyone received confirmation of the menu? I'd like to have menus made but want to confirm that info below is correct. Is it Vol au Vent or Voul au vant (old guide and new guide spell it differently)?

Appetizers
                Spicy chicken wings with carrots
                Vol au Vent filled with mushrooms gratinated with mozzarella cheese
                Azteca fried tortilla with shrimps and cream

Salads
                Caesar Salad with blackened chicken
                Grilled vegetables with a aged Balsamic Vinegar
                Mixed Salad with a house dressing

Main Courses
                Grilled Flank Steak with a little spicy sauce of “adobo “
                Chicken Breast filled with spinach and cream cheese with peppers sauce
                Fish Steak with vegetables fettuccine

Desserts
                Milk Mousse with chocolate sauce
                Three milks cake filled with strawberries flamb©ed
                Fruits tart with Amaretto Mousse

#2688 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                • 344 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Carmen-
                  In Mexico, I don't think they always get English spelling and grammar 100%. If you end up with a typo on your menu, it will be more authentic!!

#2689 carmen2009

carmen2009
                  • 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:56 PM

That's true. I just wanted to make sure it was at least close. :)

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AmyandRich
                    Carmen-
                    In Mexico, I don't think they always get English spelling and grammar 100%. If you end up with a typo on your menu, it will be more authentic!!

#2690 alysalynn

alysalynn
                    • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hi,
                      Our wedding date of October 29th is quickly approaching! This past weekend I smashed my face on the ocean floor and am a total mess. What every bride dreams of! With some time to heal and a little dental work I should be back to normal by the big day :)

I am working on the details today to send to Dreams and am looking for some input. I've looked over lots of past posts re: reception locations, but I'm still wondering what option would be most private. I had assumed we'd do a beach reception but am slightly concerned about wind/sand. The pool looks nice but aren't there lots of people right around there? Seaside Grill or the terrace would be nice, but we're only 25 and can't do a private event there, and it's important to me to have a somewhat private space for speeches/dancing. (And I definitely don't want to use the ballroom - I want to know we're near the ocean!)

I am doing the free wedding package and tacking everything else on, so am looking at cost differences... Is it worth it to do gold menu over silver? Is it worth it to do silver over the regular menu at a restaurant? Is it important to pay for a cocktail hour vs. informally gathering the group at a bar?

But alas, they are all details - I'm sure it will be great no matter what. Thank you everyone for posting ideas and pictures - it's been very helpful,

Alysa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users