Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2671 BrideBarbie

BrideBarbie
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AmyandRich
    I had to "negotiate" our arrival date with the wedding cordinator for our symbolic ceremony. She kept telling us we had to be there 3 days in advance.... because May 5 is a holiday, she wanted us there on Monday for a Friday wedding. We came to agree upon Tuesday for an arrival date. We actually emailed back and forth on this for almost 2 weeks. I still can't figure out why....

Strange... especially for a symbolic ceremony. I have not emailed to ask, I guess I feel like I get faster answers from this forum. I wonder if they would count the weekend days as days in advance. Maybe I should email the resort and see what they say.

#2672 carmen2009

carmen2009
    • 49 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BrideBarbie
      Strange... especially for a symbolic ceremony. I have not emailed to ask, I guess I feel like I get faster answers from this forum. I wonder if they would count the weekend days as days in advance. Maybe I should email the resort and see what they say.
      Hey, this is how Natalia responded to my email regarding our arrival date "Yes symbolic wedding allowed three day before the wedding as arrival time"

My email: Natalia, My wedding has been set for November 28, 2009. I am in the process of booking our airfare and would like to confirm our arrival date of Wednesday, November 25, 2009 given the Thanksgiving holiday and weekend. I will be having a symbolic ceremony and getting married legally in the U.S. It is my understanding that with the symbolic ceremony we only need to be in Mexico 3 days before the wedding (weekend and holidays day are allowed).

#2673 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
      • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

Hi All!!!

I'm so excited, just received my wedding invites from Hanson Ellis, Message in a bottle! They are perfect! I will try and post some pics, but I'm having difficulty doing so...

Can't believe everything is coming together, I think it has finally hitme that I am getting married! OMG!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

#2674 angruck

angruck
        • 248 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carmen2009
          Hey, this is how Natalia responded to my email regarding our arrival date "Yes symbolic wedding allowed three day before the wedding as arrival time"

My email: Natalia, My wedding has been set for November 28, 2009. I am in the process of booking our airfare and would like to confirm our arrival date of Wednesday, November 25, 2009 given the Thanksgiving holiday and weekend. I will be having a symbolic ceremony and getting married legally in the U.S. It is my understanding that with the symbolic ceremony we only need to be in Mexico 3 days before the wedding (weekend and holidays day are allowed).
          Hi everyone,

as i understand it, you only have to be there 3 days before for the legal ceremony, not the symbolic. The reason for the 3 days is that is Mexican Law but if you are only doing a symbolic ceremony and you are married in the US you shouldn't have a problem. I am arrived on wednesday and having my symbolic ceremony on Saturday. I haven't heard there were any issues with that. Nothing in my ceremony is binding with Mexican law. Anyone else had this experience?
          Angela & Chris

#2675 carmen2009

carmen2009
          • 49 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

Menu Question: There are some typos in silver menu (ex. mozzarella cheese spelled wrong). Has anyone received confirmation of the menu? I'd like to have menus made but want to confirm that info below is correct. Is it Vol au Vent or Voul au vant (old guide and new guide spell it differently)?

Appetizers
            Spicy chicken wings with carrots
            Vol au Vent filled with mushrooms gratinated with mozzarella cheese
            Azteca fried tortilla with shrimps and cream

Salads
            Caesar Salad with blackened chicken
            Grilled vegetables with a aged Balsamic Vinegar
            Mixed Salad with a house dressing

Main Courses
            Grilled Flank Steak with a little spicy sauce of “adobo “
            Chicken Breast filled with spinach and cream cheese with peppers sauce
            Fish Steak with vegetables fettuccine

Desserts
            Milk Mousse with chocolate sauce
            Three milks cake filled with strawberries flambĀ©ed
            Fruits tart with Amaretto Mousse

#2676 Tisha316

Tisha316
            • 71 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

Calling all DT brides...If you did the ultimate dreams package for your wedding, how long did it take until you recieved your 30minute DVD of your ceremony from the resort and what about the pictures the resort photographer took...how long did that take? Can I take them home with me when I leave? I am trying to figure this out due to our state side reception and I would like to have my wedding ceremony video to show and also add the resort photographers pictures to our slide show! As of right now the stateside reception is scheduled the weekend after we get back, but now i am thinking maybe we should schedule it further out if i have to wait on these items...? Thanks for your help!!

#2677 carmen2009

carmen2009
              • 49 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hey ladies, I'm about to order about 20 lanterns. Should I get 12 inches or 14 inches?

#2678 starlitk

starlitk
                • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tisha316
                  Calling all DT brides...If you did the ultimate dreams package for your wedding, how long did it take until you recieved your 30minute DVD of your ceremony from the resort and what about the pictures the resort photographer took...how long did that take? Can I take them home with me when I leave? I am trying to figure this out due to our state side reception and I would like to have my wedding ceremony video to show and also add the resort photographers pictures to our slide show! As of right now the stateside reception is scheduled the weekend after we get back, but now i am thinking maybe we should schedule it further out if i have to wait on these items...? Thanks for your help!!
                  Tisha - You will receive the DVD and the pictures (which they print and burn on a CD for you) before you leave DT. I'm not sure how long it actually takes them, but we picked them up a few days after our wedding day. So, as long as you don't leave DT right after the wedding, you should be able to get everything in hand.

#2679 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                  • 1,565 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

AHHHH dreams tulum.... hands down STILLLLL one of my fave resorts in the MR :)

#2680 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                    • 344 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BrideBarbie
                      I thought so too.... Aurora kept telling us we had to be there 3 Business days before the wedding. But, we got it settled!!

I have a site visit coming up in a few weeks... WAY EXCITED to finally see the resort!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users