Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2651 carmen2009

carmen2009
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

Thanks JoAnn!

#2652 Tisha316

Tisha316
    • 71 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:54 AM

Girls, I still haven't put down our deposit on our date in July 2010, but I am having serious anxiety about committing to this resort because I keep reading pros and cons...ugh...help sway me in the right direction!

#2653 carmen2009

carmen2009
      • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Tthere are some reasonably priced paper lanterns at Luna Bazaar. http://www.lunabazaar.com. You can buy about 20 12 inch paper lanterns for $2.95 each and a single LED light (makes lanterns up to 14 inches Battery Operated!) for each paper lantern is $2.45. Does anyone know anything about using the LED lights and should I get 12 inches or 14 inches? Natalia told me 15 paper lanterns would be enough for the pool reception but it seems like most brides have brought 20-30. Any thoughts?

#2654 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
        • 342 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Carmen, I am thinking about using paper lanterns as well. I think that 15 is enough, I don't think I have heard anyone actually using 20-30. I haven't read much about the LED lights and I don't remember if anyone has mentioned buying them.
          ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#2655 Kacelb

Kacelb
          • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tisha316
            Girls, I still haven't put down our deposit on our date in July 2010, but I am having serious anxiety about committing to this resort because I keep reading pros and cons...ugh...help sway me in the right direction!

I am having the SAME problem! I am so indecisive. What other resorts are you thinking about?
            Mike and Kacie's Wedding Website

***I have an AMAZING photographer scheduled for our wedding in Tulum for 10/09/10. If you have the same date (or close to it) and are interested in using her please let me know! Her work can be viewed at http://www.lindleysphotography.com ***

#2656 angruck

angruck
            • 248 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tisha316
              once you commit just don't think about it :) That is the best way to handle it. Come to a decision and just stick with it, otherwise you will drive yourself insane. Once you reserve it, you will feel like a weight was lifted off your shoulders.
              Angela & Chris

#2657 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
              • 706 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

I had the benefit of going to Dreams Tulum for a 1 week for my girlfriends wedding. I had an amazing experience and the staff are wonderful. Yes it's a bummer to read cons so you may want to do some additional research before you commit. From what I gather, there's always hiccups along the way.

#2658 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                • 344 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by angruck
                  once you commit just don't think about it :) That is the best way to handle it. Come to a decision and just stick with it, otherwise you will drive yourself insane. Once you reserve it, you will feel like a weight was lifted off your shoulders.
                  I completely agree!!! Once I booked, the anxiety was gone. I think you have to remind yourself, no wedding goes off without a hitch. Something always goes wrong....if it's going to happen, why not have the hitch at a beautiful resort?!!!

#2659 carmen2009

carmen2009
                  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

I agree too!

#2660 Kacelb

Kacelb
                    • 36 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Thanks ladies! That makes me feel much better!
                      Mike and Kacie's Wedding Website

***I have an AMAZING photographer scheduled for our wedding in Tulum for 10/09/10. If you have the same date (or close to it) and are interested in using her please let me know! Her work can be viewed at http://www.lindleysphotography.com ***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users