Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2631 geminiwanderlust

geminiwanderlust
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the ballrooms...I haven't read of anyone having a reception in one...trying to see what my options are for decorations, etc. I'm too nervous to have an outdoor reception...due to wind etc. Maybe I should throw caution to the wind and do it on the beach.

#2632 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
    • 344 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

Thank you SunBride!! Love the pictures. I wasn't going to do any special deorating for the ceremony, other than bows on the chairs, but seeing these photos makes me think....:)

#2633 angel177

angel177
      • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

does anyone know if sky anterns can be used? (not exactly a firework) they would just go up, burnout and float down later and just biodegrade just paper after all.

#2634 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

welcome angel, are you getting married at Dreams Tulum or still deciding?

I've never heard of those so I have no ideas, you should ask the coordinators.

There is one bride that I can think of who got married in the ballroom. It was about a year ago. I'll go check the detailed bride list on page 1. I know she posted a review and pictures.

EDIT: It was Chibi411. Her review is linked here and it has pictures. Make sure to read all 3 pages because there is more info on the subsequent pages

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t23169

#2635 ddk5576

ddk5576
          • 209 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

This has been Extremely helpful!! You are the WOMAN!!! We just received info on our tentative wedding in May at Dreams Tulum & will hopefully have the contract signed this coming week! YAY!!! Dreams should give you a referral fee! You are too kind & thoughtful!! So glad that there are people still out there willing to help! Thanks again!

#2636 violetvixen

violetvixen
            • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

@ddk5576- I am a little confused. Is Dreams asking you to sign a contract this far ahead of time?

We put down our deposit for June 19, 2010 several months ago, and have recevied a confirmation # from the wedding coordinator, but have not heard anything about a contract. Have other brides signed their contracts for 2010 weddings?? Should I be concerned?

#2637 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
              • 344 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by violetvixen
                @ddk5576- I am a little confused. Is Dreams asking you to sign a contract this far ahead of time?

We put down our deposit for June 19, 2010 several months ago, and have recevied a confirmation # from the wedding coordinator, but have not heard anything about a contract. Have other brides signed their contracts for 2010 weddings?? Should I be concerned?
                Remember the form we had to fill out and fax/email with our deposit.... that might be confused for a contract. I think you sign an official one closer to the wedding.

#2638 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                • 344 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

Question - Is there a list of "signature drinks" somewhere? I'm curious as to which ones turned out and what to avoid. I think this would be a fun extra for the cocktail hour!

#2639 violetvixen

violetvixen
                  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

thanks amyandrich, for answering my question.

on another note, I'm having a minor freakout about photography. We've asked a dear friend/ impressive amateur photographer to shoot our wedding, and offered to pay her travel expenses as compensation for her services. She initially agreed, but now may be unable to attend due to some unexpected medical issues. I emailed for quotes from some of the professionals that others on this board have used, and I just don't think we have the budget for it. However, I'm afraid to rely on the resort photographer (which is included in our wedding package) as I've heard extremely mixed reviews.

Do any already-marrieds have images from the resort photographer that they can share? Or any feedback about using this service? Thanks in advance!

#2640 jmb0902

jmb0902
                    • 496 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

I was wondering if any of the previous brides has an answer to this question:

Is there room at both the adult/relax pool and the dolphin pool for a dance floor area/DJ or is one better than the other through your experience??

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users