Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2531 lolosmama

lolosmama
  • Jr. Member
  • 232 posts

    Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmb0902
    So one of the girls who just posted their review said they had the free package, but did pay for the dinner... my question is how was it only $20 per person for dinner?

    5. Reception dinner outside of El Patio $20 usd each + 10% tax + 15% gratuity
    If you have a group larger than 10 people, they charge you $20 per person for dinner (I believe you choose a meal off the menu). Then if you want to upgrade to the silver or gold menu, it is more per person (can't remember exact pricing - $40-50/pp?).

    What I am confused about is WHERE you can eat. Do you have to pay $700 set up fee to eat at the pool or beach with the free package?

    #2532 jerzygirl85

    jerzygirl85
    • Jr. Member
    • 342 posts

      Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

      You don't need to pay the $700 fee at the pool or beach, that fee is only for indoor/restaurant options.
      ~~Joanna~~

      Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

      http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

      #2533 lolosmama

      lolosmama
      • Jr. Member
      • 232 posts

        Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
        You don't need to pay the $700 fee at the pool or beach, that fee is only for indoor/restaurant options.
        Good to know, thank you!

        #2534 Butterflyf369

        Butterflyf369
        • Member
        • 706 posts

          Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

          Ladies help! I just got of the phone with my mother in law and apparently my FI's aunt booked and got food vouchers for the restaurants. I thought the restaurants were all part of the all inclusive deal. Can you let me know. I was at the resort two years ago and it was all inclusive but a bit worried now.

          #2535 Blkatz

          Blkatz
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,025 posts

            Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

            I am not sure what the food vouchers are. All the restaurants are included-the only thing that was not included was if you do the "romantic dinner" which was lobster and that was $180.
            Dont worry-the resort is all inclusive

            #2536 Butterflyf369

            Butterflyf369
            • Member
            • 706 posts

              Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

              Ahh, thanks so much for letting me know. I feel a sense of relief.

              #2537 jmb0902

              jmb0902
              • Jr. Member
              • 496 posts

                Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by lolosmama
                If you have a group larger than 10 people, they charge you $20 per person for dinner (I believe you choose a meal off the menu). Then if you want to upgrade to the silver or gold menu, it is more per person (can't remember exact pricing - $40-50/pp?).

                What I am confused about is WHERE you can eat. Do you have to pay $700 set up fee to eat at the pool or beach with the free package?
                SO I am still confused-- you don't have to do the Silver menus for $55 a person? What is the $20 per person options? I don't see them in my wedding packet that was sent (the pdf file).

                #2538 lolosmama

                lolosmama
                • Jr. Member
                • 232 posts

                  Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jmb0902
                  SO I am still confused-- you don't have to do the Silver menus for $55 a person? What is the $20 per person options? I don't see them in my wedding packet that was sent (the pdf file).
                  I think I emailed with of the the WCs about this, but if you check page 15 of the wedding guide, under "Group Dinner Reservation..." one of the bullets states that a group is considered 10-25 people, and the price is $20 per person, necessary to slect a set menu, selected from the regular menu of the restaurant. I guess in the guide, it isn't listed under the "Wedding Dinner" but under "Group Dinner". I'll see if I can find where she wrote it in email...

                  OK, found it. From Landy:

                  IN RELATION WITH YOUR QUESTION PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWER


                  Advise if pricing is
                  correct (10 ppl free, $20/person for additional 20-30 guests)? NO, THE 20
                  USD PER PERSON PLUS SERVICE AND TAX, WOULD BE FOR EACH PEOPLE



                  Kind regards

                  Landy Cahum Reyes
                  Coordinadora de Bodas
                  Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spa
                  Tel.: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.53
                  weddings@dreamstulum.com.mx
                  www.dreamsresorts.com

                  #2539 sdtooley

                  sdtooley
                  • Newbie
                  • 109 posts

                    Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

                    Good morning everyone,
                    I just wanted to let everyone know just how wonderful Dreams was! It was absolutely incredible and just like everyone has said in the past, they take care of everything and anything that you could imagine. We had 52 people come with us to the wedding and absolutely no one had a single complaint through the whole week. Their only complaint was not wanting to leave. I am at Secrets Maroma Beach now and loving every moment of it. I will post a review and photos when I get home next week. Again...absolutely no stressing is needed because once you get there everyone takes care of everything!

                    #2540 lolosmama

                    lolosmama
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 232 posts

                      Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sdtooley
                      Good morning everyone,
                      I just wanted to let everyone know just how wonderful Dreams was! It was absolutely incredible and just like everyone has said in the past, they take care of everything and anything that you could imagine. We had 52 people come with us to the wedding and absolutely no one had a single complaint through the whole week. Their only complaint was not wanting to leave. I am at Secrets Maroma Beach now and loving every moment of it. I will post a review and photos when I get home next week. Again...absolutely no stressing is needed because once you get there everyone takes care of everything!
                      Thanks for the update, congrats on the wedding, and have a blast on your honeymoon!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users