Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2451 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
  • Jr. Member
  • 344 posts

    Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

    Congrat MnM2Mexico!!! The planning part is fun! I did stress for 2 days waiting for confirmation on my date and time though! We chose the Ultimate Package. I like the idea of having all of the details, including my hair, taken care of. We are hoping to have both the ceremony and the reception on the beach. After the wedding, we are transfering to Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon. How are you plans coming along?

    #2452 angruck

    angruck
    • Jr. Member
    • 248 posts

      Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AmyandRich
      Congrat MnM2Mexico!!! The planning part is fun! I did stress for 2 days waiting for confirmation on my date and time though! We chose the Ultimate Package. I like the idea of having all of the details, including my hair, taken care of. We are hoping to have both the ceremony and the reception on the beach. After the wedding, we are transfering to Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon. How are you plans coming along?

      We all were on pins and needles for the two days before confirmation :) no worries!
      Angela & Chris

      #2453 lolosmama

      lolosmama
      • Jr. Member
      • 232 posts

        Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:09 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by AmyandRich
        Congrat MnM2Mexico!!! The planning part is fun! I did stress for 2 days waiting for confirmation on my date and time though! We chose the Ultimate Package. I like the idea of having all of the details, including my hair, taken care of. We are hoping to have both the ceremony and the reception on the beach. After the wedding, we are transfering to Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon. How are you plans coming along?
        Amy - we are transferring over to Secrets Maroma after our wedding too...I can't wait!!! We'll spend a week with our family and friends, and then have down time afterwards alone. It looks like a gorgeous resort!

        #2454 AmyandRich

        AmyandRich
        • Jr. Member
        • 344 posts

          Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

          Maggie,
          Serets Maroma is where my fiancee proposed....so it's a GREAT place!! Actually, the resort is really nice. The beach is beautiful. We wanted to have alone time as well and this resort is perfect for that. I'm hoping Dreams is half as good! I'm going to check out the Dreams resort this fall.
          How are your wedding plans? Which ceremony/reception are you going with?

          #2455 lolosmama

          lolosmama
          • Jr. Member
          • 232 posts

            Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AmyandRich
            Maggie,
            Serets Maroma is where my fiancee proposed....so it's a GREAT place!! Actually, the resort is really nice. The beach is beautiful. We wanted to have alone time as well and this resort is perfect for that. I'm hoping Dreams is half as good! I'm going to check out the Dreams resort this fall.
            How are your wedding plans? Which ceremony/reception are you going with?
            I'm just now starting the planning, hah! We've been crazy busy selling my house and moving into his, the wedding kind of took a back seat. I am pretty laid back about it, and not going to go overboard with anything. We've got the trip booked, have my dress, have invites out, and about 40 ppl booked. I'm just now starting on the details. We just signed up for the free package, because we weren't sure we needed everything that came with the Love or Ultimate package. We are hiring a photog out of the US to come for three days, and bringing RealTouch flowers with. We may decide to upgrade as the date comes closer, but we'd probably just rather save our money, as we're paying for it ourselves. I'm trying really hard not to get stressed about a thing!

            #2456 clairisse

            clairisse
            • Jr. Member
            • 492 posts

              Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

              I just had to share that my date is confirmed
              April 28, 2010!
              Time to start planning for real now.
              Yikes.

              #2457 AmyandRich

              AmyandRich
              • Jr. Member
              • 344 posts

                Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

                Maggie,
                We are also trying to keep everything stress free. We are hoping to get a good idea of what we want when we do our fall site visit. Dress shopping is next week.... getting pretty excited about that!! Are you doing anything special for the 40 ppl coming like an excursion or a small thank you token? I am still brain storming on this one.

                #2458 AmyandRich

                AmyandRich
                • Jr. Member
                • 344 posts

                  Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

                  Congrats Clairisse!! It's awesome to finally have the date secured! Very exciting!

                  #2459 clairisse

                  clairisse
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 492 posts

                    Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

                    Thanks! I'm at once thrilled and TERRIFIED.
                    I hope this is normal :)

                    #2460 lolosmama

                    lolosmama
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 232 posts

                      Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AmyandRich
                      Maggie,
                      We are also trying to keep everything stress free. We are hoping to get a good idea of what we want when we do our fall site visit. Dress shopping is next week.... getting pretty excited about that!! Are you doing anything special for the 40 ppl coming like an excursion or a small thank you token? I am still brain storming on this one.
                      We are going to do an OOT bag for each room, with travel mugs, koozies, sunscreen, etc. Trying to decide whether to deliver them to all our guests before we leave or bring them all down ourselves. I am hoping to do a pashmina for all the women attending, but need to think of something for the men. Any ideas?? I thought that would be cute, as it can get cool there in November.

                      Oh, and I'm so happy to hear you've been to Maroma Beach before! And lucky you doing a site visit - fun!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users