Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#231 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
  • Newbie
  • 90 posts

    Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

    Just wanted to report another time Landy has said she would honor the '07-'08 prices because I booked (with Sandra) earlier this year before the new prices came out. It took one simple email to confirm--no haggling whatsoever. I was quite pleased. She just asked me to remind her on arrival, and of course as other brides have suggested, I will bring a print out of the email.

    #232 ERnurse

    ERnurse
    • Newbie
    • 44 posts

      Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by SunBride
      Sorry to worry you! I just remembered Neen asked Landy about this and Landy said to ignore the official policy and they will allow music outside until 10:30pm (even though the wedding guide said no music for outdoor events). Just make sure to confirm with one of the coordinators (it's always best to confirm everything with them and have it in writting and bring all emails with you just in case there are any last minute problems!)
      I wrote Lizete an e-mail regarding which private outdoor reception areas are allowed to have music, I also asked if they are able to do receptions at the lobby terrace just in case anyone else was thinking the same... will post the info she sends me.
      Sunbride, I totally agree with you about saving all the e-mails.... just in case

      #233 chandrathebride

      chandrathebride
      • Newbie
      • 90 posts

        Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ERnurse
        I wrote Lizete an e-mail regarding which private outdoor reception areas are allowed to have music, I also asked if they are able to do receptions at the lobby terrace just in case anyone else was thinking the same... will post the info she sends me.
        Sunbride, I totally agree with you about saving all the e-mails.... just in case
        [COLOR="Black"]ERnurse thank you so much for getting information about this exact topic. Can't wait to hear what you find out! I am trying to find an outdoor area that will allow music, but not require the $750 private event fee. (Maybe others are too?) I just want to make sure that if I do the beach or pool areas I can have music until 10:30 pm (we are just doing an ipod thing--no professional DJ) and not be charged. [/COLOR]

        #234 ERnurse

        ERnurse
        • Newbie
        • 44 posts

          Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

          Does anyone know how long of a ride playa del carmen is from tulum and how much does it cost to take taxi there approx? Or has anyone rented a shuttle or van from tulum to playa?
          I wanted to have my bachelorete party at playa del carmen, no way of having it at home because all my bridesmaids are scattered throughout the country and one in england!!
          Anyone else planning on having your bachelorete party when you get down to Tulum? What are you planning on doing?

          #235 chandrathebride

          chandrathebride
          • Newbie
          • 90 posts

            Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

            Regarding a reception at one of the pool areas, does anyone know the limit to the number of people you could have? (We are looking at 40-50 guests; 4-5 round tables and a head table.)

            #236 chandrathebride

            chandrathebride
            • Newbie
            • 90 posts

              Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ERnurse
              Does anyone know how long of a ride playa del carmen is from tulum and how much does it cost to take taxi there approx? Or has anyone rented a shuttle or van from tulum to playa?
              I wanted to have my bachelorete party at playa del carmen, no way of having it at home because all my bridesmaids are scattered throughout the country and one in england!!
              Anyone else planning on having your bachelorete party when you get down to Tulum? What are you planning on doing?
              I had understood that it is about 30 miles from Talum to PDC. (Though I have not been there.) I am interested in knowing taxi/shuttle prices also, b/c I too am planning a bachelorette in mexico. my maid of honor is currently researching the hot spots in PDC. Does anyone have suggestions of specific places?

              #237 SunBride

              SunBride
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,499 posts

                Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:43 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ERnurse
                Does anyone know how long of a ride playa del carmen is from tulum and how much does it cost to take taxi there approx? Or has anyone rented a shuttle or van from tulum to playa?
                I wanted to have my bachelorete party at playa del carmen, no way of having it at home because all my bridesmaids are scattered throughout the country and one in england!!
                Anyone else planning on having your bachelorete party when you get down to Tulum? What are you planning on doing?
                I had the same issue for the bachelorette. The drive is about 45 minutes as it's pretty much half way to Cancun. The cost is 45$ by cab. Another option is the public bus, which is only 2$, but this is not recommended as a safe option in the evening, only a good option for shopping for the day. It obviously takes a little longer than the cab since it stops a lot, although I hear it's not too bad, about an hour.

                Because it was so expensive to go to Playa Del Carmen (and because it was just my sisters and the two moms) we just did a mini bachelorette at the resort. I talk a bit about this in my review if you want to know what it was like.

                #238 chandrathebride

                chandrathebride
                • Newbie
                • 90 posts

                  Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

                  SunBride--when you say $45 cab ride to PDC--is that for a cab with 3-4 people? Or do you know how that $45 is broken down? It's not per person is it? Thanks so much.

                  #239 Blkatz

                  Blkatz
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,025 posts

                    Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ERnurse
                    I wrote Lizete an e-mail regarding which private outdoor reception areas are allowed to have music, I also asked if they are able to do receptions at the lobby terrace just in case anyone else was thinking the same... will post the info she sends me.
                    Sunbride, I totally agree with you about saving all the e-mails.... just in case
                    She told me the other day that you could have a DJ on the beach

                    #240 Maegan606

                    Maegan606
                    • Newbie
                    • 115 posts

                      Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

                      Chandra--the 45 is for the whole cab. Cabs are super expensive down there--I would try to look into renting a bus or someting because it's probably cheaper. And I agree with taking the bus or collectivo during the day, as when i was there, it was like a dollar a person to go to playa!
                      ~Maegan




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users