The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Wow...thanks for the honest reviews. Definitely not what I want to hear but at least I have a heads up before I go. My wedding is in 13 days and I still don't have confirmation on the wedding or reception site...grrrrrr! I emailed Aurora over a week ago trying to get things finalized and still haven't heard back. I told her I needed the information so I could include it in the itinerary I am printing for the guests. I had to go ahead and print it so I hope it's correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyc View Post
Wow...thanks for the honest reviews. Definitely not what I want to hear but at least I have a heads up before I go. My wedding is in 13 days and I still don't have confirmation on the wedding or reception site...grrrrrr! I emailed Aurora over a week ago trying to get things finalized and still haven't heard back. I told her I needed the information so I could include it in the itinerary I am printing for the guests. I had to go ahead and print it so I hope it's correct!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news right before you left, but I figured you guys need the heads up! We also had no idea where or when our cocktail and reception was going to be when we left, so we just left blank spaces on our welcome letter. When we got there and met with Anabel, we added times to our welcome letter and then labeled locations on our maps by hand. It didn't look super professional, but it turned out ok. This might be an option in case you have to change things when you get there. We were quoted $1usd PER COPY if we had wanted to print things there, so we just decided against that.

Another thing I'll give you the heads up on is that our contract was totally wrong - so be sure to look at it closely! We were being charged for things that we didn't have (like bridesmaids bouquets) and then not being charged for other things (too few guest dinners).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! And don't worry - even despite the things that went wrong, we had a beautiful wedding and I'm sure that you will too!

wow-I am so surprised to hear all the negative things. Granted when we were there it was the swine flu but I didn't see more than 2 weddings a day when we first got there. That is a shame.

Suzanne-I am so happy to hear the weather was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERnurse View Post
Hey Suzanne, I'm so happy to hear the weather held out for you, I was keeping my fingers crossed for ya!! You were such a beautiful and happy bride...
I love how the chinese lanterns look strung up like that, how did u do that and how many lanterns did you use? And whats that big glowing blue column?

PS can't wait for more pics and of course the review!
Thanks! It was so fun ... I really wish we were still there LOL

The columns are theirs (DT) and you pay $50 per column. I got the idea from Rebecca and George's dinner/reception ... they had 4 of them in a big square around all their tables (on the beach beside the SSG) and the lanterns were strung all the way around (it was gorgeous). My niece and I ran into Rebecca and George after their reception and I offered to purchase the lanterns ... they said I could have them. (Thanks again!) and when I told Landy I wanted that set up ... she suggested the 2 columns instead of 4 ... and she suggest 10 lanterns. I was so happy with how it looked. I know Landy could've charged me the $200 and put up 4 columns ... so I really appreciate how she saved me money and made it look beautiful. *SmiLes* Suzanne

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

wow, Starlit and Mixie I am so sorry to hear about how things turned out. All the other brides who had multiple weddings in one day always said they hardly saw the other wedding becuase there were at totally different times/locations. It's unfortunate that things turned out the way they did for you guys, hopefully they learn their lesson and make more effort in the future to keep things more seperate. Nobody wants their wedding to seem like a factory production!

I'm also really surprised to hear that your coordinator (Starlit) was not more careful about the details and got stuff mixed up. And the thing about the ceremony text that is absolutely awful. A warning to other brides to make sure to double check everything (i.e. if you've written your own text, have the groom speak to the minister before he starts)

Overall, very disappointing for future dreams tulum brides, but please try to keep this in perspective. We have not had such a negative review since Can't Wait which was I think in December.

Happy to hear that you still both had wonderful wedding days even if everything did not go perfectly.

Okay so i looked at the wedding guide Anabel emailed to me when I confirmed the wedding date. it states that the receptions are included in the packages until 10:30pm. I emailed Anabel stating that the guide she gave me when I booked stated that fact. She had previously told me that we had to pay per person for the extra hour to go until 10:30.

I emailed Aurora AGAIN about finalizing the wedding and reception locations. I also asked her how many weddings were scheduled on the day of my wedding and said "when I booked my wedding I was told there would be a maximum of 2 weddings per day". We'll see how she responds to that. Bleh...I think the stress is starting to get to me! Only 1 week and 1 day till we leave so I'm sure I'm gonna be a lil nuts until we leave. If it wasn't for this forum I would be even crazier so thank all of you so much for your input! :)

So tonight my fiancee and I were talking about wedding expenses and how much we'll owe when we get to the resort. We requested the Ultimate Package which seems like a pretty good value but we are concerned about the cost of the add ons. I was thinking that we would do the Gold Dinner but we have 38 guests so at $65 a head (18 over the 20 that are included) that's gonna get kinda pricey. If we opt for the "regular menu" for $20 what does that mean? What do they serve? Do you think it's worth it to go with the Gold Dinner?

The regular menu would mean you choose from whatever is normally served at that restaurant. If you have a pool or beach reception, I'm not sure which menu you choose (maybe either the seaside grill, or the El Patio or the Ballroom menus).

If you go with the regular menu, I'm not sure how many courses you get. You may not get as many as with the special menus.

Some of the recent brides on here have used the regular menu, if nobody responds you might want to try reading some of the recent reviews and sending PMs to those ladies for more details.

If it was me, personally, I would probably go for the regular menu to save 500$ :) But everyone has their own priorities.

Oh wow!! Sorry starlit and mixie. This news defintely has me on edge. Last time I emailed with Natalia, she mentioned there was another ceremony an hour before mine. the wedding guide mentions that only 2 weddings would be held per day. Hopefully the resort will stick to what the guide says in the future. Too many things can go wrong and mistakes on someone's wedding day are completely frustating.

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experiences you had, Starlit and Mixie. Of course it makes me feel nervous about what to expect... our wedding is not until next June, and I hope these issues aren't a sign that quality is "trending downward" at DT.

You know, I always wonder if vendors/business are aware of forums like this that review their services, and if they read them for feedback. If so, Dreams Tulum, I suggest you pay attention to the reviews of these two brides and get it together! wink.gif