Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2261 violetvixen

violetvixen
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

Bella-
    Congrats on securing your wedding date! I've hit a bit of a snag.. my finace is uncomfortable emailing scans of his credit card and our IDs as an unsecured email attachment to the resort. I've been trying to get in touch with Tammy from BDW (who we're using to block out rooms for our guests) to see if she can assist us with the process, though I haven't heard back from her yet on this particular issue. So, our date is not confirmed yet

#2262 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
    • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by violetvixen
      Bella-
      Congrats on securing your wedding date! I've hit a bit of a snag.. my finace is uncomfortable emailing scans of his credit card and our IDs as an unsecured email attachment to the resort. I've been trying to get in touch with Tammy from BDW (who we're using to block out rooms for our guests) to see if she can assist us with the process, though I haven't heard back from her yet on this particular issue. So, our date is not confirmed yet
      Oh No! I hope she gets back to you soon! I hope everything still works out! I was looking forward having a bride buddy to meet up with!

How many people are you expecting to have attend? I was a bit disappointed because I had wanted a prived event at the seaside grill (extra $750 fee) but since I am expecting less than 50 ppl, I can't have it there

Keep me posted!

Click the image to open in full size.

#2263 wahmsuzanne

wahmsuzanne
      • 131 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

How long before your flight time so you suggest leaving DT to get to your flight home from Cancun? Thanks! Suzanne

#2264 violetvixen

violetvixen
        • 63 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BellaBeachBabe
          Oh No! I hope she gets back to you soon! I hope everything still works out! I was looking forward having a bride buddy to meet up with!

How many people are you expecting to have attend? I was a bit disappointed because I had wanted a prived event at the seaside grill (extra $750 fee) but since I am expecting less than 50 ppl, I can't have it there

Keep me posted!

I did hear back from the TA and it looks like we'll need to send our documents to the resort directly to hold the wedding date. I'll be working on it this weekend and hopefully will get the date finalized! We're flexible so we could always have the wedding on a different Saturday, but I agree, it would be nice to meet up if our celebrations are on the same day :) Did you choose a time for your ceremony?

We're expecting about 25 guests so will likely do the reception at an outdoor location and avoid the private event fee... I think the pool terrace is considered an "outdoor" option. I like that idea.

#2265 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
          • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by violetvixen
            I did hear back from the TA and it looks like we'll need to send our documents to the resort directly to hold the wedding date. I'll be working on it this weekend and hopefully will get the date finalized! We're flexible so we could always have the wedding on a different Saturday, but I agree, it would be nice to meet up if our celebrations are on the same day :) Did you choose a time for your ceremony?

We're expecting about 25 guests so will likely do the reception at an outdoor location and avoid the private event fee... I think the pool terrace is considered an "outdoor" option. I like that idea.
            Hi!

I finally got my official confirmation from Aurora! That all important confirmation # is safely stored in my e-mail inbox LOL!

I chose 3pm, at the gazebo on the south end of the beach. (Beside the seaside grill). As for my reception, my first thought was to have it at the adult (relax) pool, but after seeing some photos, I am worried that it will be too dark. The pool does not appear to be lit? Also, there does not seem to have a lot of place to set up for a dj or even to dance....plus with about 25 guests, not a lot of space for tables! Therefore I think my first choice will have to be the activity pool. It seems to be more spacious. Plus I can decorate the area (pillars,bridge) with tulle and flowers and lights etc...

I am so excited to finally start the planning!!!

If you are flexible with the dates than there is no problem! You have the xtra time than to safely send your info. I have wanted to reserve this date for so long now! It was difficult because I had a lot of restrictions! I was actually supposed to have my wedding in January 2010 but had to push the date to June because my FI is finishing up his residency and doing his final board exams at the end of May, plus he is Chinese so we had to set our date according to the Chinese calendar (for good luck) and, as if all that was not enough, we are moving at the beginning of July 2010, to another province so that he can do a fellowship (sub-sub specialty in his field)

So many life changes at one time!!!

All I can say is Bring it on!!!

Let me know when you decide your date!

#2266 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
            • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hey everyone!

I was wondering how it works for bar service at the reception? Does anyone know if I have my reception at the activity pool, could I have the little bar staffed with a bartender for the evening? Is there an extra charge

#2267 maxwell123

maxwell123
              • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

Hello everyone!
                My name is Allison. I am getting married at Dreams Tulum on December 12, 2009. I'm excited to have this website as a resource. It looks like there is lots of good information!

#2268 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
                • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a string trio (violin, viola,cello) and if I'm lucky...a harpist too! I would like them to play at my ceremony.

#2269 Chanti

Chanti
                  • 310 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

9 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!!! I'm so excited!!!

I'm confused as to why deposits are being requested by the resort for some of us. We weren't asked for a deposit and will pay for everything upon arrival by credit card. Anyone know why there is discrepancy?

Chantal

#2270 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
                    • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Chanti
                      9 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!!! I'm so excited!!!

I'm confused as to why deposits are being requested by the resort for some of us. We weren't asked for a deposit and will pay for everything upon arrival by credit card. Anyone know why there is discrepancy?

Chantal
                      Hi Chantal,

You didn't have to put a deposit for the wedding? What package are you having? I have the Ultimate pakg and I had to put a $500 USD deposit to secure my date and to get that all important confirmation #.

This is strange....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users