Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2231 clairisse

clairisse
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

Hello from a Dreams Tulum Bride WannaBe :)
    I've read such fabulous reviews about the place from everyone here that I have been looking into getting married at DT next April (probably somewhere between the 25th and 28th depending on travel availability.).

Lately, though, I've gotten rather nervous. When I've written to the resort, I've heard back from Aurora and she tells me there is no flexibility in their packages (so the reviews I'd read from people who were trading videographers for more photos, etc... apparently no longer stand). Does anyone know if this is true? I was hoping to skip having cake since dessert is included and try to get extra time with musicians or extra photos or something.

Also, I'm told that because my wedding is in 2010, they can't confirm the pricing of the packages (I'm leaning towards the Ultimate Package but with extras like firedancers - quoted at $500USD for 15 mins!!!) and once I book it could go up significantly... which worries me since I haven't won the lottery... yet.

Am I panicking for nothing? I wish I had an unlimited budget but the more I read, the higher the prices seem to be getting. Is it just Aurora? Any advice for a DT bride wannabe? :)

#2232 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

when I first emailed with them they said the same thing-they were totally unflexible with things. As I got closer to my date they became more and more flexible. For example, we had both photographer and video from Claudia Rodriguez and both came in our package. I was able to have the resort photographer take pictures for my Friday night dinner.
      Also, the fire dancers are VERY expensive and I was quoted the same price.

#2233 clairisse

clairisse
      • 492 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Phewf - thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. I guess I just need to stop being a control freak/planner and just relax and hope for the best.

Now I just need to find a travel agent and get this party started!

#2234 ida

ida
        • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

I just got an email from Aurora for a copy of our birth certificates for the legal ceremony? I thought we just needed our passports? She said the judge wants it. Did anyone else get this email for a civil ceremony?

#2235 Seahagamy

Seahagamy
          • 67 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

I didn't get married at Dreams however, in the Mayan Riviera we had to have a notarized copy of our birth certificates as well as passports.

#2236 Chanti

Chanti
            • 310 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ida
              I just got an email from Aurora for a copy of our birth certificates for the legal ceremony? I thought we just needed our passports? She said the judge wants it. Did anyone else get this email for a civil ceremony?
              I just got the same email from Aurora! We were under the impression we just needed our tourist card and pass-port as well. Luckily we both ordered our Canadian long form birth certificates in February, just in case. Mexico apparently doesn't accept the Canadian short form one (credit card size). I'll scan it at work today to email it to her...
              Chantal

#2237 Mixie23

Mixie23
              • 56 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

I got the same email. I asked her if we could just scan them in and email them to her but I haven't heard back.

#2238 Lonna14

Lonna14
                • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hi Ladies!
                  for those of you who have had an outside reception and had paper lanterns, which size did you get?? I'm finishing up the last minute details here....I leave next Thursday...ahh!!!!!!!
                  Hope everyone is having a great day:)

Lonna

#2239 ida

ida
                  • 62 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Chanti
                    I just got the same email from Aurora! We were under the impression we just needed our tourist card and pass-port as well. Luckily we both ordered our Canadian long form birth certificates in February, just in case. Mexico apparently doesn't accept the Canadian short form one (credit card size). I'll scan it at work today to email it to her...
                    Chantal
                    I scanned and emailed her my fiance's short form birth certificate and my immigration and citizenship forms and she just emailed back to say they are both ok. I'm probably going to bring a notorized copy down just in case.

We're leaving in 12 days!!!!

#2240 Soon2beTWells

Soon2beTWells
                    • Banned
                    • 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Yikes my wedding is so close, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the following locations for cocktail on Terrace Lobby and the Reception Dinner by the beach close to the Relax Pool?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users