Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2221 SunBride

SunBride
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,499 posts

    Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lonna14
    Hi girls!
    First off, sunbride, have a great time!! The next time we chat I'll be married!! Aghh!!

    Lindz, we need to meet up for a drink!!!

    How much did you girls tip D.J. Mannia and Landy? I know I've seen this a million times, but if someone wouldn't mind sharing that would be great.

    Also, let me know what you think about this...my ceremony is at 6:00, and we have d.j. mannia, so basically, if we did cocktail hour at 7-8, we wouldn't be done eating dinner until like 8:30-9, and have to be done with d.j. mannia at 10:30? I think that's not long at all...so, I'm thinking of a cocktail hour before the wedding? From 5:00-6:00, wedding at 6:00-6:30, and rite after group pics, the guests can head to the reception and begin eating rite away. I'm not concerned about eating honestly, I'm sure I'll get it in at some point..that way, we could get moving with d.j. mannia, etc. Let me know your thoughts, and if anyone can weigh in on how much photos, reception actually take, please let me know!!!

    Thanks!!!
    Lonna
    you're right, that sounds tight. Plus many brides have said dinner service is slow, I think you should plan more like 1.5 hours. Which would bring you to 9:30pm. But many brides have been allowed to have music till 11pm. So it's up to you if 1.5 hours is enough.

    You could always skip the cocktail hour if you want. Just a suggestion.

    #2222 SunBride

    SunBride
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,499 posts

      Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chanti
      In the 2009 Guide, it is indicated $80 for a full day, and $55 for a half day (which doesn't include breakfast I believe). These prices were confirmed with Anabel recently for our photographers.

      Once again, frustrating how there seem to be inconsistencies!!!

      Chantal
      But then what is the difference between the half day and full day if neither includes breakfast? The way I read it was the full day included breakfast.

      #2223 angruck

      angruck
      • Jr. Member
      • 248 posts

        Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by maxandkatie
        Yes, it seemed to be pretty windy there day and night. Guess it's the location. The wind was a little bothersome, not enough to ruin anything though. We did not have any sand in our food that I noticed, but sevice was a little slow so by the time we got our main course it was a little dark and hard to see the food. A friend of mine took a pic of the food before he ate it because he couldn't see it! It looked really good! The pic is burried somewhere in my photos on photobucket. You could feel the sand hitting you a little and it did seem to blow in my face quite a bit.

        hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just shoot me a message.

        Thanks for the help Katie. I am thinking about having the reception inside instead since I am getting married in December and just want to make sure the weather won't affect the dancing/food. :) This was extremely helpful.
        Angela & Chris

        #2224 Lindz

        Lindz
        • Newbie
        • 109 posts

          Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

          Lonna I am def. in for a drink! I can't wait! I also think that the cocktail hour before sounds soooo great...(almost an idea I might consider myself!)


          Girls-- Thank you all for the response on the day pass...I will probably try to get the half day cost!

          Sorry another question, has anyone done their wedding with Natalia? I just found out she is our wedding planner and wanted to get your thoughts on your experience with her. Thanks!

          #2225 Blkatz

          Blkatz
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,025 posts

            Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

            Natalia was my wedding coordinator and she was amazing. I loved her. You are you in excellent hands with her

            #2226 Chanti

            Chanti
            • Jr. Member
            • 310 posts

              Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:19 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by SunBride
              But then what is the difference between the half day and full day if neither includes breakfast? The way I read it was the full day included breakfast.
              Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was trying to point out the difference. The half-day does not include breakfast, whereas the full day does. From what I see, that appears to be the only difference. Strange that breakfast costs $25??

              #2227 Lindz

              Lindz
              • Newbie
              • 109 posts

                Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Blkatz
                Natalia was my wedding coordinator and she was amazing. I loved her. You are you in excellent hands with her
                OH good! I remember when you came back how happy you were so its wonderful to hear that she was your planner! Thanks for the help!

                #2228 SunBride

                SunBride
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,499 posts

                  Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chanti
                  Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was trying to point out the difference. The half-day does not include breakfast, whereas the full day does. From what I see, that appears to be the only difference. Strange that breakfast costs $25??
                  Yes, that is exactly what I was saying too.

                  #2229 maxandkatie

                  maxandkatie
                  • Newbie
                  • 95 posts

                    Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

                    Natalia was my planner and she was awesome. Very accomodating, helpful, understanding and willing to go above and beyond. Everything turned out perfect.

                    #2230 northernflasher

                    northernflasher
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 499 posts

                      Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:33 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lonna14
                      Hi girls!
                      First off, sunbride, have a great time!! The next time we chat I'll be married!! Aghh!!

                      Lindz, we need to meet up for a drink!!!

                      How much did you girls tip D.J. Mannia and Landy? I know I've seen this a million times, but if someone wouldn't mind sharing that would be great.

                      Also, let me know what you think about this...my ceremony is at 6:00, and we have d.j. mannia, so basically, if we did cocktail hour at 7-8, we wouldn't be done eating dinner until like 8:30-9, and have to be done with d.j. mannia at 10:30? I think that's not long at all...so, I'm thinking of a cocktail hour before the wedding? From 5:00-6:00, wedding at 6:00-6:30, and rite after group pics, the guests can head to the reception and begin eating rite away. I'm not concerned about eating honestly, I'm sure I'll get it in at some point..that way, we could get moving with d.j. mannia, etc. Let me know your thoughts, and if anyone can weigh in on how much photos, reception actually take, please let me know!!!

                      Thanks!!!
                      Lonna
                      Hi Lonna, seems like your priority is to have more time for music and dancing afterwards so heres a thought... as you dont mind your guests seeing you before the ceremony at your cocktail hour why dont you start even earlier and get all your group pictures done beforehand as well.

                      You could even get your couple shots done too, it may seem like a pain to be ready this much earlier than your ceremony but in my opinion we dont get to wear our dresses for long enough on the day any-way!

                      That way you could have much more time after and get to eat, I know you say you dont mind not eating but you're gonna need something after a full day of chaos and champagne!

                      Its nice to see people thinking about doing things a little differently, I think a DW really gives us the opportunity to think outside the box.

                      Good Luck with everything.
                      Michelle X

                      PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users