Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#201 neen

neen
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SBlake
    Neen, you are so ahead of the game! Thanks a ton for all the info. I guess I need to get going with planning, I'm a bit behind! I'm getting nervous that I don't have it all together. I'm sure there are still beautiful places available for our cocktail hour, maybe around the pool? Any suggestions from other brides would be much appreciated!
    Aww, Sarah I'm sorry! I'll give up the veranda bar as my rain location if you want it for your cocktail hour! Or by the pool, on the lobby terrace, by the fountain outside the lobby, and the ballroom terrace are all great locations for a cocktail hour...where is your reception?

#202 Dreams425

Dreams425
    • 105 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amodew
      Can't remember who it was, but someone recently asked for Captain Rick's contact info...here you go. Puerto Aventuras Fishing, Playa del Carmen Fishing
      Thanks for the info!!! My fiance is going to be so excited!

#203 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amodew
        OK, so I'm confused...I never knew that there was a $20 option for dinner. Unfortunately I don't have enough points to open the attachment....is there a quick way to rack up some points so that I could open the attachment?
        I've just donated some points to you to open it. The more you post, the more points you earn.

The 20$ dinner is if you don't get an upgraded menu, you just order whatever is normally available at the restaurant (or in the case of the ballroom, the menu in the attachment). Some people wonder why they should have to pay anything if their guests are just ordering the food off the regular menu (seeing as the guests have already paid for all inclusive) but the 20$ is basically a service charge to cover the extra work involved in serving a large group.

I explain this under the reception part in page 1.

#204 trisha0612

trisha0612
        • 491 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Username Trisha0612
          Names (optional, first names only) Trish and Travis
          Date & Time 10/10/2008
          Wedding package Ultimate
          Wedding extras (and cost charged) still deciding...
          Type of ceremony Symbolic
          Coordinator Landy
          Number of guests 27
          Ceremony location Beach outside seaside grill
          Reception location seaside grill
          Photographer Jean Marcus Strole! WHOO WHOO
          Videographer resort
          Review (link)
          Photos (link)
          Video (link)
          Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm) mmm, Welcome Party at the sugar reef bar 10/08/08, bonfire rehearsal party the night before...boys fishing trip the day before, tulum visit for TTD shoot with the one and only JM strole and Brooke!
          See my review for …. (i.e. special info people can find in your review)
          Travis & Trish
          10-10-08
          Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#205 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
          • 161 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hey ladies!!! I have a couple of questions??

So I've tried emailing Landy and have gotten no reply as of yet...

So I thought I'd turn to you ladies :) you've been such a great help in the past...

Here goes... My question is in regards to the beach hut located on the far end of the beach! (the massage hut) we are confirmed for the Ultimate wedding package, we are having a sit down gold dinner, and so I was wondering if the hut could be an option for our reception or will there be an extra charge?? Has anyone gotten a response from Landy regarding this option?

Is it possible to get a sound system wired to the hut, so that we may play music during our dinner? and what about lighting? is there lighting in the hut? or will that need to wired to the hut as well

Thank you so much!

#206 chandrathebride

chandrathebride
            • 90 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lonna14
              Ladies
              I basically just answered my own questions from yesterday..Landy just sent this over to me...the set menus (3 options) for the ballroom, each at $20 per head plus the 25%. I hope this helps..it sure helps me now!!

Thanks
              Lonna
              For some reason it's saying I don't have enough points to open this file... although I have opened others in the past. Anybody kind enough to give a gal some points? Thank you in avance.

#207 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:22 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chandrathebride
                For some reason it's saying I don't have enough points to open this file... although I have opened others in the past. Anybody kind enough to give a gal some points? Thank you in avance.
                I'll donate some to you.

Ladies when opening attachments, make sure to save them on your computer, because each time you open them it costs points.

#208 rachelannmartin

rachelannmartin
                • 192 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

Dreamstbride,
                  Neen posted a pic of what appeared to be a private dinner at the massage hut. Just keep in mind that it is relatively small (no more than 20 people). I have also sent Landy an email to inquire if we can reserve this for our receptions site, so if I hear anything I'll keep you posted :o)
                  As for the wiring, this may be a little tricky due to the distance they would need to wire across the sand. Maybe you could bring a laptop with a lengthy battery life and play from there...just a suggestion.

#209 Seahagamy

Seahagamy
                  • 67 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:52 AM

So far I have found, you get faster email responses from Lizette rather than Landy.

#210 Blkatz

Blkatz
                    • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

I only email with Lizet. She is the one that took care of booking my date and answers all of my questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users