The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#1881 alysalynn

• 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Hello! I got engaged January 17, 2009 and we've decided on a destination wedding at Dreams Tulum! We wanted something simple with not a lot of planning, but just choosing a destination was such a project. It feels so good to finally know where in the world we will marry :) We just confirmed the date so we're early in planning the logistics, but I'll write what I know...

Username: alysalynn
    Names: Alysa and Gabriel
    Date & Time: October 29, 2009, 3 p.m.
    Wedding package: Dreams in Paradise (may upgrade, TBD)
    Wedding extras (and cost charged): not sure just yet
    Type of ceremony: Civil (I prefer symbolic but my fiance wants it to feel 'official')
    Coordinator: we've been dealing with Aurora, but I suppose Landy will be coordinator
    Number of guests: probably about 40, maybe more depending on who books
    Ceremony location & time: Beach, 3 p.m.
    Cocktail hour location and time: ?
    Reception location: Beach or Seaside Grill
    Photographer: I thought we'd just use DT but I'm blown away by some photography I've seen on here, so we'll see what our budget allows
    Videographer: don't know if we really want a video
    Wedding website (link): we're using destinationweddings.com (I've had a great experience with them so far) - personal site in the works
    Special arrangements / activities: we'd love a welcome event with a bonfire, and maybe a group cruise/snorkeling excursion

I'm happy to find this site. And so excited for October! Let me know if you're marrying around the same time - I'd love to share ideas and meet up at the resort.

Thank you!

#1882 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

welcome Alysa and congrats on choosing a resort!

Has anyone else heard of Aurora? Is she a new coordinator there?

You should check out the bride list on page 1 and send a private message to any brides getting married around the same date as you.

#1883 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

wow-I haven't dealt with Aurura yet either! Hmmmm

#1884 alysalynn

• 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Aurora Garcia...She confirmed the date - I think she may be on the administrative end of things, not a wedding coordinator?

#1885 Dreams425

• 105 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

Hi girls! I'm leaving on Sunday! Does anyone have any questions they would like me to find out while I'm there? Let me know and I'll make a list.

Doing my final packing tonight. Yikes! I can't believe its actually here.

#1886 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

wow Tiffany! Good luck with the packing!!!! That is the hardest part sometimes!

#1887 angruck

• 248 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

i haven't heard of Aurora either. I am looking for everywhere for cute turquoise maracas---any leads from anyone for customized ones?
                Angela & Chris

#1888 angruck

• 248 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

im still on the fence about where i want the reception----has anyone had the reception in the ballrooms? I just want to make sure everyone will be comfortable. It feels more romantic on the beach but I want to let everyone have a chance to dance. Anyone else have these thoughts?
                  Angela & Chris

#1889 Soon2beTWells

• Banned
                  • 125 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

Quick question for past brides. What appitizers were good that you had for the cocktail hour? I was looking at the pictures in the planning book, but none really seem to jump out at me.

#1890 Bethanykd

• 33 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Cograts Alysa! I am getting married the day after you. What day are you arriving? We are arriving on the 25th and staying to 11/01 then going to Cozumel for the next week. Nice to see someone else on the forum is going to be there around the same time...see you soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users