Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#1821 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by angruck
    Hey Joanna---since we are both in New Jersey would might be able to just switch things off. Are you planning on any starfish for the back of the chairs or anything like that? I am still brainstorming since I have a little time.
    Not really. I'll probably keep it simple. Your wedding is closer than mine though.
    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#1822 Soon2beTWells

Soon2beTWells
    • Banned
    • 125 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

I was just checking to see if anyone was getting married around June 23,2009 that would want to split a photog? I am not sure who I want but loved photos from Jean-Marcus Strole and Sol Tamargo from del sol. PM me so we can talk about it.

#1823 Denise L

Denise L
      • 100 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Teesha
        LOL Blkats...I'm walking down the aisle to the same song!!!! It's my fiancees favourite song!!!!
        Teesha are you getting excited!!! I am going through so many emotions now it's crazy!!! Can't wait to meet you at the airport!

#1824 Dreams425

Dreams425
        • 105 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jennyjean7
          The "Apostille" is simply a fancy word for "certified" or stamped by an official government...if you have a certified copy of your birth certificate from your local county office, then this is perfectly fine for what they need.

As far as needing divorce decree's (if you have been previosly married), then the wedding coordinators are looking for name changes...basically, if you changed your name from your "given" name to something else, then there is more paperwork involved; but if your name is still the same as your birth certificate, then that is all you need (well, you'll also need your traveler card (which is given at the airport) and your passport.

I had Landy with us and she just needed our passport and traveler card to make a photo-copy of and didn't even look at our birth certificates or divorce decree's b/c neither of our names were ever changed...so it I feel ya about bein' stressed out, but once you're down there, everything will be OK! :-)

I hope this helped :-)
          BIG HELP!! Thank you! Its good to hear someone elses experience :) Landy emailed my DW planner back today with the same assurance. Looks like my panick attack was totally unnecessary! Glad thats over.

#1825 Denise L

Denise L
          • 100 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

A couple of last minute questions:

1. are the wedding coordinators in charge of playing the music for my BM's and myself as we walk down the aisle? I don't want to have one of my guests do it.

2. There is no charge for a rehearsal correct?

3. I have read the order of ceremony on page one, my FI and I have written our own vows but, will they still use something standard for us when we exchange the rings?

#1826 MajikDreams

MajikDreams
            • 37 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Denise L

1. are the wedding coordinators in charge of playing the music for my BM's and myself as we walk down the aisle? I don't want to have one of my guests do it.
              I have the same question!

Finally you have found something perfect, and, finally you have found yourself... with me." - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Dreams Tulum

#1827 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

Quote:

3. I have read the order of ceremony on page one, my FI and I have written our own vows but, will they still use something standard for us when we exchange the rings?
                1) The resort provides somebody to play the music

2) don't think so but maybe somebody else can confirm

3) you should specify to them how you want to fit in your vows/ring. In my case, we said the "i do" parts of the civil ceremony, and then we said our own vows while exchanging our rings.

#1828 jennyjean7

jennyjean7
                • 37 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Quote:

1. Yes, as Sunbride said, they have someone in control of the music

2. Rehearsal ceremony - no ...but keep on them b/c she asked when I wanted mine, I said Monday (wedding on Tues) and we never had one...so I was nutz about what to do, how fast to walk, etc!

3. We wrote our own vows too, but "Mexican Law" prevails and you have to listen to her read the document...then you can say your own vows (I chose to take away the microphone at this point b/c I wanted it to be more intimate and be between him and me...it wasn't for everyone to hear)...so to better answer your question: you have to listen to the judge read the marriage license (no reading out of the bible like a traditional wedding) document, but you add your own vows (or sand ceremony) in there too! :-)

#1829 Seahagamy

Seahagamy
                  • 67 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

Happy Anniversary Sunbride....can you believe it's been a year already! Hope you 2 have a great day together.

#1830 Bethanykd

Bethanykd
                    • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Thanks Sunbride for answering my questions! and have a WONDERFUL anniversary!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users