Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#1711 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Lulu your pictures are so pretty!!!

#1712 sdtooley

sdtooley
    • 109 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

Lulu
      Your pictures are absolutely wonderful! You and your husband look so happy and it looks like you had the best time.
      I love your jewelry, if you don't mind me asking where did you find it? I have been looking for blue jewelry and I just love it

#1713 Lulu

Lulu
      • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

Thanks girls! Whenever I look at the pics I smile...just so many wonderful memories...

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sdtooley
        Lulu
        Your pictures are absolutely wonderful! You and your husband look so happy and it looks like you had the best time.
        I love your jewelry, if you don't mind me asking where did you find it? I have been looking for blue jewelry and I just love it
        The earrings are David Yurman (my "something borrowed" from my mom). I found the necklace at Winners...I was lucky because the stone matched the earrings perfectly!

#1714 Teesha

Teesha
        • 24 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:48 AM

Hi ladies,

Quick question...what is the etiquette on tipping now? I would've had no problem tipping anyone and everyone if we weren't being charged 10% tax and 15% gratuity on everything we are booking for the wedding. That's a 25% mark up whereas before there was none.

Please help!

#1715 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
          • 342 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

Lulu - i absolutely love love love your pics!!!! You look gorgeous and your hubby looks so happy :) Congratulations
            ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#1716 MajikDreams

MajikDreams
            • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

Lulu - my goodness, your pics are gorgeous. How the heck do they do that with the lighting?

I loved them so much I just emailed CR Photog; your pics made me realize I can't live without a real photographer....

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

23 days, ladies! I feel like I know you already, I've been lurking so long!
              Finally you have found something perfect, and, finally you have found yourself... with me." - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Dreams Tulum

#1717 sgbrown

sgbrown
              • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

Lulu, I love your pics! Thank-you so much for sharing them with us. Oh, and by the way, I LOVE your shoes... so cute!

#1718 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Teesha
                  Hi ladies,

Quick question...what is the etiquette on tipping now? I would've had no problem tipping anyone and everyone if we weren't being charged 10% tax and 15% gratuity on everything we are booking for the wedding. That's a 25% mark up whereas before there was none.

Please help!
                  Well tipping has always been optional (much more so than being, for example, at a restaurant in North America where it is expected).

The problem is we don't know who the 15% tip goes to.

If I were you, I would ask one of the coordinators how the tips are split. I'm sure the food staff will get some of it, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. I would want to make sure the coordinators get a share, so if they didn't, or if I was unsure, I would give a seperate amount to them.

The good thing about tipping is that a little goes a long way in mexico. For example even giving just a 20-50$ tip to the coordinator would be very appreciated. It would probably be equivalent to more than a day's pay (maybe several days, I can't remember the exact amount resort people get paid, I just remember it's very low by our standards).

#1719 Denise L

Denise L
                  • 100 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=SunBride;729417]You could have your cocktail hour at the Sugar Reef bar. There is a huge seating area that is shaded. It's a really nice bar and right next to the beach. Check out the photos on page 2

Great thanks for the tip Sunbride!

#1720 Denise L

Denise L
                    • 100 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

Thanks dollbird and Sunbride for tips on the reception site.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users