Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#141 sgbrown

sgbrown
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blkatz
    I'm sure all of them are great! do they have a gallery you can look through?
    Yes, they have a blog I can look at. I think they are good, but I guess I just thought Citlalli was FANTASTIC. I guess I just need to tell myself that everything happens for a reason, and if these other two photographers are part of Claudia's team, then they must be very qualified as well. Ok, I need to stop this pity party and get happy!

Oh, I forgot to congratulate SunBride (Stephanie)!!! Way to go, you totally deserve the recognition!

#142 Virg

Virg
    • 684 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:05 PM

All this information makes me wish I was a Dreams Tulum bride...
      Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
      Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#143 alin & mako

alin & mako
      • 134 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

Sunbride! You Rock! This new thread is so very helpful. Congratulations on the award, you totally deserve it. This looks like a full time job keeping all this up and we all totally appreciate it! :)

Here is my info,

Username: alin & mako
        Names (optional, first names only): Alin
        Date & Time: Nov 8, 2008 around 3:30 - 4 pm
        Wedding package: Ultimate
        Wedding extras (and cost charged): Staying past 10:30 in ballroom. Waiting to get price on this and a round 2 of snacky food around 1 AM.
        Type of ceremony: Judge + spiritual by fam member
        Coordinator: Landy
        Number of guests: 105 Confirmed and counting!! Aaaagggg!
        Ceremony location: Bottom of steps from Loby in front of fountain
        Reception location: Chichen Itza Ballroom
        Photographer: Jean Marcus
        Videographer: Playa Weddings
        Special arrangements / activities: We are going to Coba with our photographer to take pics in white outfits we bought. Coba is like 30 to 45 minutes away and after we are going to a cenote to take more pics.
        Also doing group trips to Tulum & Xel-Ha.

#144 alin & mako

alin & mako
        • 134 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

Airport Transfers

Price skyrocketed! It was not this much last time I checked, and for 10 people, not 3. I am e-mailing Irene and I'll get back to you guys. So forget the previous e-mail.

#145 ashjanbro

ashjanbro
          • 61 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

Congrats on your award SunBride. You are definitely deserving of it. BlKatz I'm glad you got your confirmation number, because I think I would be freakin out too,if I hadn't received it.

Nobody ever answered my question about the bows. I am purchasing the dreams of love package. If you choose to have bows on the chairs at the ceremony, do you have to pay to have them at the reception as well?

Also,for those of you who are using the resort photographer, does anyone know how long he will shoot if you purchase additional pictures?

#146 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
            • Vendor
            • 278 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

I hope you all don't mind if I post a little DT eye candy! (or taco de ojo as we say here in Mexico, haha) This slideshow is from an anniversary/trash the dress session for a fabulous, fabulous couple. I am usually not able to do these sessions, since I live a few hours away and am only able to make the trip for weddings...but the timing worked for this one and it was a lot of fun!

Click the image to open in full size.

Happy wedding planning!

Elizabeth

#147 neen

neen
              • 633 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:11 AM

aww...the ladies that have Elizabeth photographer their wedding are so lucky...her pics are AMAZING!!!

to answer the chair bow question, YES you have to pay for them, even with Ultimate package...the price is listed in the guide (I think it went up for 08-09...for some reason I'm thinking $5 per bow/chair).

#148 donandcorri

donandcorri
                • 57 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

Great thread Sunbride! I don't know how you make the time to do all this but it's nice to have somebody organizing it all!!!

Here's some additional info on my wedding details -just in case I can help a Dreams Bride.....
                  I'll also try to post some additional pics of my wedding (things like my ceremony set up etc as it's not in the wedding guide). I've been meaning to do it for a while but I'm in the middle of a move to a different province, so my life has been a bit of a zoo for the last several months.

Username: donandcorri
                  Date & Time: November 23, 2007 Ceremony 3:00pm, Cocktails 5:00pm Dinner/Reception 6:00pm
                  Wedding extras (and cost charged): I only requested some extra flowers & was not charged for any of them. 2 extra boutonnieres (sp), 1 BM bouquet & 1 Hair Flower (got 2).
                  Type of ceremony: Civil
                  Coordinator: Sandra & Landy (I communicated with both prior to the wedding, dealt with Sandra @ the resort & both assisted me on the wedding day - I was a lucky girl & was the only wedding on that day!)
                  Number of guests: 17
                  Ceremony location: Gazebo next to Seaside Grill
                  Reception location: Wine Cellar in Portofino (was actually supposed to be on the beach beside Seaside Grill but weather didn’t cooperate – we hadn’t discussed a backup plan & I was extremely impressed with how quickly they rearranged everything)
                  Photographer: resort photographer - 36 5x7 pics in an album free with package + 350$ for CD of all 200
                  Videographer: resort videographer
                  Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t12201

Dreams425 & Ashjanbro:
                  You can schedule the resort photographer to shoot for as long as you need but I believe I was entitled to approx 2 hours with the Ultimate package & would have had to pay extra for over & above that. You don't actually choose how many pictures you get until after the wedding. Our photos were ready for viewing the next morning and we selected & paid for them then. We ended up only getting the prints that were included in our package & then just paid for the CD with all shots.
                  I did request some getting ready shots but ended up with only a few so you'll need to be very specific about your expectations as the photographer only showed up maybe 10-15 minutes before I was to walk down the aisle.

#149 donandcorri

donandcorri
                  • 57 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

Great thread Sunbride! I don't know how you make the time to do all this but it's nice to have somebody organizing it all!!!

Here's some additional info on my wedding details -just in case I can help a Dreams Bride.....
                    I'll also try to post some additional pics of my wedding (things like my ceremony set up etc as it's not in the wedding guide). I've been meaning to do it for a while but I'm in the middle of a move to a different province, so my life has been a bit of a zoo for the last several months.

Username: donandcorri
                    Date & Time: November 23, 2007 Ceremony 3:00pm, Cocktails 5:00pm Dinner/Reception 6:00pm
                    Wedding extras (and cost charged): I only requested some extra flowers & was not charged for any of them. 2 extra boutonnieres (sp), 1 BM bouquet & 1 Hair Flower (got 2). I did notice that I didn't get the flower arrangment on the table at the ceremony so maybe they substituted without really discussing it with me. I was fine with it so whatever!
                    Type of ceremony: Civil
                    Coordinator: Sandra & Landy (I communicated with both prior to the wedding, dealt with Sandra @ the resort & both assisted me on the wedding day - I was a lucky girl & was the only wedding on that day!)
                    Number of guests: 17
                    Ceremony location: Gazebo next to Seaside Grill
                    Reception location: Wine Cellar in Portofino (was actually supposed to be on the beach beside Seaside Grill but weather didn’t cooperate – we hadn’t discussed a backup plan & I was extremely impressed with how quickly they rearranged everything)
                    Photographer: resort photographer 36 5x7 pics in an album free with package + 350$ for CD of all 200
                    Videographer: resort videographer
                    Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t12201

Dreams425 & Ashjanbro:

You can schedule the resort photographer to shoot for as long as you need but I believe I was entitled to approx 2 hours with the Ultimate package & would have had to pay extra for over & above that. You don't actually choose how many pictures you get until after the wedding. Our photos were ready for viewing the next morning and we selected & paid for them then. We ended up only getting the prints that were included in our package & then just paid for the CD with all shots.
                    I did request some getting ready shots but ended up with only a few so you'll need to be very specific about your expectations as the photographer only showed up maybe 10-15 minutes before I was to walk down the aisle.

#150 can't wait!

can't wait!
                    • 517 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:39 PM

Yeah Sunbride! Your work actually deserved a brand new award!!! I think DT should PAY you! Thanks again! You are the best!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users