Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#1421 sgbrown

sgbrown
  • Newbie
  • 130 posts

    Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SunBride
    So after all the time we spent trying to figure out the type of batteries required, it doesn't matter, cause the docks cannot be removed from your room!
    Haha!

    Thanks for the clarification SunBride. We're going to hire the Mexican Trio for our ceremony and rent the speaker system (which will connect directly to my ipod) for the reception. Our group is at 53 (and counting) so I think we'll need to rent the speaker system for better sound quality. Thanks again! I owe you one (more like 1,000)!

    #1422 sgbrown

    sgbrown
    • Newbie
    • 130 posts

      Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

      Quick question -

      Can someone provide me with Daniel's email address at DT? I need to ask him something and I can't seem to find it.

      I tried doing a search with keyword "Daniel" and wow, he's mentioned a lot! Haha. It was kind of sad because I had to wade through all of our old posts when DT was closed (I guess we were all emailing Daniel a lot then). I'm so glad we're not going through that anymore! (* knock on wood *)

      Thanks a bunch!

      #1423 SunBride

      SunBride
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,499 posts

        Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by sgbrown
        Haha!

        Thanks for the clarification SunBride. We're going to hire the Mexican Trio for our ceremony and rent the speaker system (which will connect directly to my ipod) for the reception. Our group is at 53 (and counting) so I think we'll need to rent the speaker system for better sound quality. Thanks again! I owe you one (more like 1,000)!
        But keep in mind that you probably want the sound system for the ceremony anyways otherwise nobody will be able to hear the ceremony and your vows. You need the sound system to be able to hear over the sound of the crashing waves.

        I went to a destination wedding where the bride and groom didn't get a sound system and it sucked, I couldn't feel anything! Considering your guests are traveling so far to be able to attend I think they deserve to hear the ceremony.

        It sucks that DT is charging 150$ for this now, when it use to be only 5$. But I bet other resorts charge way more...

        Also, you may want to consider having the band for after the ceremony rather than during. Their set is only 45 mins, so if they play during the ceremony (which lasts approx 20-25mins) then they will only play 3 songs during that time (entry, signing, exit) and then will play approx 20 minutes after. So you get more bang for your buck if you have them play after for a full 45 mins. But I do understand the appeal of having that type of music play while you walk down the aisle. Just thought I would mention my thinking. I too wanted them for the ceremony (in fact it was like THE most important thing to me after photos) but then at the last minute I changed my mind. If I had had a bigger group of people there I definitely would have gotten them for after the ceremony, but based on our small group and schedule it wasn't worth the cost (seeing as I was using the free package and had to pay for the band).

        #1424 Blkatz

        Blkatz
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,025 posts

          Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

          so I emailed Natalia a few questions and I wanted to let everyone know her responses just in case they had similiar ones.
          1.) I was looking into tulle and wanted to see if you had turquoise down there or should I buy my own?
          We can offer you with extra cost a blue tull, would be around usd 200.Maybe is more cheaper if you bring your own.
          2.) It looks like we are going to have close to 40 people-is it possible to have the buffet option for dinner?
          Buffet style is allowed with 50 guest not less.
          3.) We really want to do a "welcome dinner" on Friday night and I wanted to see what our options were. I remember when we met you mentioned there was a few options for this.
          Free option in our International buffer Rest (one area will be for your guest)
          Extra cost options: private party with a special menu usd 55 or 65 per person (tax and services are not include)

          4.) I was thinking about doing a bunch of candles on the tables for the reception-should I bring these down with me or is there a place we can either rent them or can you provide them? I was thinking about tall candle holders because of the wind.
          We can rent for you, please would you like to send me a pictures.You can bring you own if you prefer.

          #1425 Blkatz

          Blkatz
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,025 posts

            Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

            I guess I dont understand the buffet option-we are willing to pay for the 50 people even though we are only going to be 40-what is the big deal?
            Also-$200 for Tulle?? REALLY I think that is a bit insane...

            #1426 maxandkatie

            maxandkatie
            • Newbie
            • 95 posts

              Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by rachelannmartin
              I REALLY want to have our ceremony at the massage hut but we may be pushing it as more people keep telling us their coming HAHA Natalia said that it could only accomodate 15 people or less and we're pushing 30 now

              I haven't heard anyone having their ceremony there but if you really wanted your there, I am sure that they would accomodate you.

              We really want to have our Ceremony under the massage hut as well. I like the idea of my fiance and I and the officiant being under the hut and the guests being on the outside. Right now we have 30 guests and will probably add 4 to 6 more by the end of the month. Imagine decorating it up with Tulle and/or flowers how pretty it would look! We are also going to hire a guitarist or a violinist.

              Do you know if the ground under the hut is all sand or if it is concrete or something else?

              #1427 rachelannmartin

              rachelannmartin
              • Jr. Member
              • 192 posts

                Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

                Katie, I believe it to be concrete. We are thinking ceremony on the beach but want our reception here. I'm totally gonna push for it when we get there and see what happens hee hee hee I'll do some more digging for you when I am there next month if we don't get any other answers soon

                #1428 maxandkatie

                maxandkatie
                • Newbie
                • 95 posts

                  Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

                  Thanks!! I may re-think the ceremony there if it is concrete...I don't know. I can't decide!

                  #1429 maxandkatie

                  maxandkatie
                  • Newbie
                  • 95 posts

                    Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Blkatz
                    so I emailed Natalia a few questions and I wanted to let everyone know her responses just in case they had similiar ones.
                    1.) I was looking into tulle and wanted to see if you had turquoise down there or should I buy my own?
                    We can offer you with extra cost a blue tull, would be around usd 200.Maybe is more cheaper if you bring your own.
                    2.) It looks like we are going to have close to 40 people-is it possible to have the buffet option for dinner?
                    Buffet style is allowed with 50 guest not less.
                    3.) We really want to do a "welcome dinner" on Friday night and I wanted to see what our options were. I remember when we met you mentioned there was a few options for this.
                    Free option in our International buffer Rest (one area will be for your guest)
                    Extra cost options: private party with a special menu usd 55 or 65 per person (tax and services are not include)

                    4.) I was thinking about doing a bunch of candles on the tables for the reception-should I bring these down with me or is there a place we can either rent them or can you provide them? I was thinking about tall candle holders because of the wind.
                    We can rent for you, please would you like to send me a pictures.You can bring you own if you prefer.

                    First, thanks for sharing these answers! Second, $200 for tulle!?!? That is crazy! Sunbride posted this link where she got her tulle: Idea Ribbon- Wholesale organza bags Organza Ribbon Organza Bags wedding tulle accessories $.09 Each Start- POWERED BY WEB 2.0 and it is not too expensive at all. Also, my mom is making my veil and we bought about 2 yards of tulle at Joann Fabrics for $4, so that is an option as well.

                    Lastly, I think I'll go with the FREE welcome dinner in the Internaitonal Buffet! Not sure I want to spen $55 or $65 per person for the welcome/rehearsal dinner!

                    #1430 SunBride

                    SunBride
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,499 posts

                      Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Blkatz
                      I guess I dont understand the buffet option-we are willing to pay for the 50 people even though we are only going to be 40-what is the big deal?
                      Also-$200 for Tulle?? REALLY
                      First, thanks for sharing these answers! Second, $200 for tulle!?!? That is crazy! Sunbride posted this link where she got her tulle: Idea Ribbon- Wholesale organza bags Organza Ribbon Organza Bags wedding tulle accessories $.09 Each Start- POWERED BY WEB 2.0 and it is not too expensive at all. Also, my mom is making my veil and we bought about 2 yards of tulle at Joann Fabrics for $4, so that is an option as well.

                      Lastly, I think I'll go with the FREE welcome dinner in the Internaitonal Buffet! Not sure I want to spen $55 or $65 per person for the welcome/rehearsal dinner!

                      I'm sure if you want to PAY for 50 people, then they will let you do the buffet style meal. She probably didn't understand that.

                      Yes 200$ for tulle is nuts. I know Can't Wait paid 300$ for tulle for the seaside grill, although there seemed to be way more than needed for the gazebo.

                      They mentioned the 55$ (silver menu) and 65$ (gold menu) dinner options, but what about the 20$ basic menu (i.e. the regular restaurant menu).

                      As per what I wrote on page 1 (excerpts)

                      Any group event will have a service charge of 20$ (18$ in 2007-08 ) per person for the regular restaurant menu. The service charge is to cover to extra service required to serve a large group.

                      If a menu special is desired, the cost is 55$ for the silver menu (45$ in 2007-08 ) or 65$ for the gold menu (55$ in 2007-08 ).

                      Lobster menu is 25$ in addition to the dinner charge (I assume they mean the service charge of 20$ per person.

                      Your locations options for this would be either

                      B) ballroom


                      c) wine cellar of Portofino

                      The wine cellar is a private room within the Portofino restaurant. It is small, although the exact maximum number of people is not specified (having eaten there I would guess 30-40 max). No private event fee.

                      d) Portofino, Bordeau, Gohan/Himitsu

                      Only if your group is under 25 people. This cannot be a private event (there will be other guests in the restaurant)

                      e) Seaside grill

                      f) El patio

                      The new policy is that you can only reserve Seaside Grill or El Patio for a private event if occupancy is less than 70% (can only be confirmed one month in advance).

                      Cost for private event in these restaurants is 750$

                      Groups less than 25 can eat in these restaurants for a non private event anytime (i.e. same as for Portofino, Bordeau, Gohan/Himitsu above)



                      It sounds like your group is more than 25, so I guess your only options would be the ballroom or the wine celar of portofino if you want to try the 20$ option. I think the wine celar would be an awesome option if your group can fit.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users