The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawedding View Post
I can't believe it's Neen's wedding day! I wish we could be there to see it! Good luck BC bride!! can't wait to hear all about your days!!

I might have asked this before - but can anybody tell me how much your guests had to pay for their trips? ours will be leaving from Toronto mostly.. but any quotes would be good! The best we have is 1775 pp.. we are hoping to find something slightly cheaper (planning to get married in Jan 2010), but not sure if that is a totally rediculous hope!~

thanks!! :)
We are getting married in April, booked through Bel-Air Travel, and r flying sunwing. Our group was able to get te garden view room for $1405 taxes in. If u want our travel agents info, PM me.

Thanks rachelannmartin! We finally got our confirmation yesterday...April 10th at 3:00 pm! I am looking for photographers in the area and one of them mentioned that the Dreams Tulum charges $500 for an outside photographer...I thought there was no charge for outside vendors.......

Hi all. This is a question for those who have already gotten married in Mexico. Im very worried about what items I can take to Mexcio for the wedding. I sent my welcomer bags ahead of time and I out 1 bottle of TUMS in the box for a family member who has a sensitive stomach and they will not clear the box in customs. SO I am worried about all my other stuff I need to bring down.

Any advice on items anyone has taken or had trouble with? Ill let you know what I need to bring:

I have wedding favors filled with M & M's

4 Candle holders with candles

Starfish

Cigars

Candy- gum and swedish fish

Wedding material for the chairs and gazebo

swarovski crystals for decorating the table

cake topper

Thanks

Hey All,

I am a new Dreams Tulum Bride to Be.. June 26, 2010 (keeping finger crossed for the day). This forum is awesome, there is so much information here. Neen your pics were very nice, congrats as yours were too Sunbride. I do have a question that I am not sure has been asked. I am wondering what room category you guys selected. I am having the hardest time deciding. I have read in previous post that some have recieved room upgrades, but is this standard? Is the room choice really this important? (okay it must be, as I am asking a question..lol..).

For those that stayed in the Dreams rooms, did you find it worth it to have the jacuzzi?. Also, would you stay in a lower class room to stay extra days?

t

it's hard for others to tell you what to do regarding the room, it's totally a manner of personal choice and budget.

The upgrades are common but definitely not standard. It would be risky to completely count on it. But as the wedding couple I would say the chances of being upgraded are very good (especially if you request before hand, and be persistant if you don't get it when you arrive)

For me personally, it would not have been worth it to pay the extra money. But that's only because I would rather spend money on excursions or staying longer or on other stuff than on a room. While I appreciated the nicer room, it would not have been worth the extra cost for me. But for other people the room is very important and is worth it. Ask yourself how important it is to you to be in that room, and whether your budget allowed it. While I could easily have afforded it, I am very careful with my money and I preferred to spend my money on other stuff.

Good luck with your planning. You are officially our last bride on the list! 17 months is a long time to wait!

I had no problems bringing anything with me (decorations, starfish, snacks, etc). I don't think you would have problems with any of those items. The chances they go through your suitcases are extremely small. When you ship items though the changes they go through everything are much much higher, lots of people end up getting stuff throw out or having to pay high duties, that is why shipping stuff ahead of time is not recommended.