Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#1011 rachelannmartin

rachelannmartin
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Morning Ladies,

I finally received a response in regards to the Massage Hut at DT for small wedding receptions. According to Natatia, it is used for very small weddings less than 15 people (Stephanie, could you update the first page of our thread with this info for future brides?)

I'm hoping once we get there, we can squeeze the extra 3 people around the table.

#1012 rachelannmartin

rachelannmartin
    • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd share...something similar to Stephanie's idea with the beach gazebo. We're going to do this with the multicoloured tulle (orange, dark turquoise and magenta) along the sides of the gazebo + a hanging curtain of magenta orchids on the back (similar to Monika's back in June).

Do you think that would be too busy and bright?

Attached Files

#1013 can't wait!

can't wait!
      • 517 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

Neen, it was $450 for the fabric. Magda, the florist bought it for us. And despite being told by Sandra during our site visit that we would not be charged for the resort to put it up, we paid $150 in set up fee. I get that they had to get extra people to do it so therefore I didn't put up a fight. My issue though is why was I told one thing and then had to dish out more $$$ to get it done?? Plus, the cost of the firedancers also went up even though I was told something different.

#1014 amy706

amy706
        • 506 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:11 AM

Hey ladies-- had such an incredible experience i wanted to get the review up asap for ya'll with weddings coming up!

CHECK IT OUT!
          http://bestdestinati....518#post627728
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#1015 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by rachelannmartin
            Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd share...something similar to Stephanie's idea with the beach gazebo. We're going to do this with the multicoloured tulle (orange, dark turquoise and magenta) along the sides of the gazebo + a hanging curtain of magenta orchids on the back (similar to Monika's back in June).

Do you think that would be too busy and bright?
            Yes, that's a really nice set-up. I would wonder though how they hold the tulle down on the bottom. They would need to have some sort of weights.

#1016 rachelannmartin

rachelannmartin
            • 192 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

Ya I checked some of the other pics of this gazebo and they litterally burried the fabric in the sand HAHAHA

#1017 neen

neen
              • 633 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

since no one seems to have used the resort DJ, I've decided to book DJ Mannia for my wedding next month. i just have to pay for a night pass for him, right?

#1018 Blkatz

Blkatz
                • 1,025 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

no-i dont think you have to pay for the pass. I asked Lizet this a few weeks ago and she said no it was fine. I think they work with him a lot

#1019 can't wait!

can't wait!
                  • 517 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by neen
                    since no one seems to have used the resort DJ, I've decided to book DJ Mannia for my wedding next month. i just have to pay for a night pass for him, right?
                    Neen, no night pass is necessary! I didn't have to pay anything extra for him.
                    Congrats! You will LOVE DJ Mannia. He will make your wedding sooo much fun!

#1020 niels408

niels408
                    • 327 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

We're on our way back home to Denver! Our wedding was amazing, everyone at DT did a great job and even though there were some kinks...Lizet & Landy made sure to smooth them all out! Once we get home & somewhat settled I'll have my review & picks posted as well!

I was lucky enough to be there & see Amy's wedding, which liked she described was INCREDIBLE!!! Amy~ you were gorgeous! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)