Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the advice ladies. I am giving her another couple of days to respond. I know they too have a lot going on now too, with all the legal stuff. I knew you guys would have the best advise! smile36.gif

I'll keep you posted on what her response is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm right with you ladies...haven't heard much update except they are hoping for a Nov. 1 opening; yet that's been the 4th or so date they've updated too, so who knows...soon enough it could be they hope to open end of Dec. & we just can't all be left up in the air.

 

So what are the options you ladies have been told that you can move to & they'll honor our prices? I've been given

 

Dreams Cancun

Barcelo Mayan Palace

Iberostar Parisio (sp?)

 

Does anyone have any opinions on these for us switching from DT? I heard the Barcelo's aren't that great except for this Mayan Palace one is only about a year old & really nice? Our TA would like us to decided TODAY, so I'd love input.

 

Thanks,

Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

laura-

 

are you sure that you want to make the decision right now? I think you're going to have more leverage with the Dreams management as far as

pricing, room upgrades & basically getting more for your money becasue of the total turmoil they've managed to create for us.

 

 

I know it's a hard decision to make, I'm struggling with it myself but I think for now I've chosen not to commit myself to another resort. I'm going to wait and see what happens in the next week and keep pushing for more information.

 

I don't know, just a thought. I totally understand your position though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by niels408 View Post
I'm right with you ladies...haven't heard much update except they are hoping for a Nov. 1 opening; yet that's been the 4th or so date they've updated too, so who knows...soon enough it could be they hope to open end of Dec. & we just can't all be left up in the air.

So what are the options you ladies have been told that you can move to & they'll honor our prices? I've been given

Dreams Cancun
Barcelo Mayan Palace
Iberostar Parisio (sp?)

Does anyone have any opinions on these for us switching from DT? I heard the Barcelo's aren't that great except for this Mayan Palace one is only about a year old & really nice? Our TA would like us to decided TODAY, so I'd love input.

Thanks,
Laura
Hey Laura-
I am surprised your TA wants you to decide today since DT might be open for your wedding...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, its mainly bc my guests cc for the reservations are suppose to be ran today, so if we want to make changes best to do it now b4 those get run. Plus, its more picking if we want to wait it out & take the chance the other resorts wont have rooms available or changing now for peace of mind i guesshuh.gif i don't know what to do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from what I understand from the girls that had to get moved the resort is taking care of everything for them. I guess the question is, do any of those resorts have your date open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laura-

 

double check with your TA regarding the payments. The balance is supposed to be due today for my trip but my TA said that we would not owe anything until this issue was resolved. Out of the 50 of us booked for the trip 46 are booked through my TA which is an apple vacation provider. The other 4 are booked directly with the resort. The 4 that are booked with the resort directly do not owe anything until they check in the hotel. It sounds like the vacation provider that your TA is dealing with is looking for $$$$.

 

Don't get pressured into making a decision. Especially this fast. Tell her that based on the circumstances that you would like more time to make a decision and expect them to hold your reservations.

 

This is definately not the time for you to have any more pressure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree! My TA has been telling me to relax and has full confidence it will be resolved. And my date is 2 days before yours, Laura! She went through apple and told me that she won't run the payments until this is resolved and that Apple agrees with that!

 

If it comes to it, DT would take care of all of those changes and ensure all of the DT rates apply as well. I worry you might not get that if you change it nowhuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dido that^ Im getting nervous!

 

I hope everything went perfectly for them. They had so much to deal with right before departing...

 

at least the rest of us have a heads up! we have probably gotten used to the idea that we'll be having our wedding somewhere else. But Trish and Brooke had to deal with a big shock!

 

Im sure it went beautifully though :) Cant wait to see the pictures!!! :) :) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
    • Two of my friends are going to get married next month. Out of them one is suffering from serious teeth issue. He is having bleeding gums along with jaw pain and swelling, particularly around the gums or around the jaw. Because of the teeth issue, he is not able to make the arrangements for the marriage. Is it safe to carry out tooth extraction during this period of time? How painful is dental implants during and after the procedure? Will he be able to eat food after tooth extraction? Please share your views and suggestions. Thank you! 
  • Topics

×