Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

I've got 10 white!
 

Originally Posted by Ashleyciv View Post


HI!!! I would love to use the white lanterns!! That is so nice of you..i was actually thinking of doing the same thing...bc it would just be a hassle to bring them back!! How many white ones do you have? :) My wedding is July 2.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Yayyy that means ill only have to get like 15-20..please let me know if they allow you to keep them there for future brides...bc i can also most likely leave some things as well :)

Originally Posted by curtney17 View Post

I've got 10 white!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

 

Only 6 months to go and I am back in a planning frenzy. Just thinking about our vows, does anyone know if you can write/read your own our in a legal ceremony. So far I have had really good quick responses from Landy but I dont want to jinx it by emailing her too many times. 

 

Also does anyone know if you can get a free room upgrade when you get there? I have been sent the prices for upgrades but would seem a bit silly if we can get it for free? 

 

C x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carrie, Aurora emailed me that you cannot change the original ceremony (legal) but you can add to it. And as far as room upgrades..i have read from many many brides that when they get there they do get upgraded. In my past experiences in traveling we have also gotten upgraded for either free or for less then it wouldve been if booked beforehand. So , we always wait until we get there to do any upgrades or room changes. Hope this helps!  This is the copy of the legal ceremony that was sent to me.

 

 

 

 

 

MEXICAN CIVIL MARRIAGE ADVICES

( TAKEN FROM OCAMPOâ€S LETTER )

 

Ladies and gentlemen, according to the laws of this country we are gathered here to join the bonds of Matrimony which is an honorable status:

 

Seeing it is a very important act, I would kindly ask everybody to remain in silence.

As witnesses of this important act, there are present here:

 

1. -                                     2.

 

3.                                        4. –

 

Who will sign the marriage document.

A great Mexican philosopher of the ninetheen century, Mr. Melchor Ocampo, wrote in his legendary letter, the following words that until today are always read in our wedding ceremonies “ marriage “, it says is the only legal and moral way to found a Family, to preserve mankind and avoid imperfections of the human being who are only able to obtain the perfection of the human race, through matrimony in a conjugal duality.

Men and Women have the same rights, but it is important to observe their respective obligations.

Both of you should have respect, fidelity, trust and assistance to one another and also tenderness and love, much love. Do not fight with one another, use your heads and your hearts to correct something wrong.

Both of you should be aware of the great responsibility of being parents, because you should provide your children with attention, good example to follow during the rest of their lives.

I now ask two questions to your witnesses.

                                                                           

1.-Are ___________ and __________ ¿Persons you know well?

2. - ¿ And are there any objections for them to be joined in legal marriage in Mexico?

                                                                                

_______ ¿ do you accept _______________ as your

                                                                             

beloved  and wedded wife, ________  ¿ do you accept _______________ as your beloved and wedded husband.

              

                                                          

_________ and_______ in the name of the law and the society and with the authority from the Solidaridad Municipal here in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mèxico, I now declare you husband and wife.

 

 

You may Kiss the bride.

 

¡ CONGRATULATIONS!

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                  Tulum,  Quintana Roo. , 2011.

 

 

El C. Oficial 01 del Registro Civil.

 

EPISTOLA_EN_INGLES_07.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


when will you be there? i arrive may 23 and will be there til june 1! ill talk to aurora and tell her im leaving them there for you, whats your name? lol

Originally Posted by Ashleyciv View Post



Yayyy that means ill only have to get like 15-20..please let me know if they allow you to keep them there for future brides...bc i can also most likely leave some things as well :)



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We leave tomorrow morning at 5:25am for Dreams!! We are getting married on Monday May 16th! I will complete a review and hopefully be able to post some pics once we return home!! So excited! Time to finish up packing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fantastic thanks Ashley will definitely take your advice on the room upgrade. When Aurora says add to what does she mean - before? After? During? Do you know?  What are you planning on doing in your ceremony? I would really like to add in our own vows and a few readings, just not sure if it will be possible. 

 

Wow your wedding is really soon i bet you are really excited  - would love to hear how it all goes? 
 

Originally Posted by Ashleyciv View Post

Carrie, Aurora emailed me that you cannot change the original ceremony (legal) but you can add to it. And as far as room upgrades..i have read from many many brides that when they get there they do get upgraded. In my past experiences in traveling we have also gotten upgraded for either free or for less then it wouldve been if booked beforehand. So , we always wait until we get there to do any upgrades or room changes. Hope this helps!  This is the copy of the legal ceremony that was sent to me.

 

 

 

 

 

MEXICAN CIVIL MARRIAGE ADVICES

( TAKEN FROM OCAMPOâ€S LETTER )

 

Ladies and gentlemen, according to the laws of this country we are gathered here to join the bonds of Matrimony which is an honorable status:

 

Seeing it is a very important act, I would kindly ask everybody to remain in silence.

As witnesses of this important act, there are present here:

 

1. -                                     2.

 

3.                                        4. –

 

Who will sign the marriage document.

A great Mexican philosopher of the ninetheen century, Mr. Melchor Ocampo, wrote in his legendary letter, the following words that until today are always read in our wedding ceremonies “ marriage “, it says is the only legal and moral way to found a Family, to preserve mankind and avoid imperfections of the human being who are only able to obtain the perfection of the human race, through matrimony in a conjugal duality.

Men and Women have the same rights, but it is important to observe their respective obligations.

Both of you should have respect, fidelity, trust and assistance to one another and also tenderness and love, much love. Do not fight with one another, use your heads and your hearts to correct something wrong.

Both of you should be aware of the great responsibility of being parents, because you should provide your children with attention, good example to follow during the rest of their lives.

I now ask two questions to your witnesses.

                                                                           

1.-Are ___________ and __________ ¿Persons you know well?

2. - ¿ And are there any objections for them to be joined in legal marriage in Mexico?

                                                                                

_______ ¿ do you accept _______________ as your

                                                                             

beloved  and wedded wife, ________  ¿ do you accept _______________ as your beloved and wedded husband.

              

                                                          

_________ and_______ in the name of the law and the society and with the authority from the Solidaridad Municipal here in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mèxico, I now declare you husband and wife.

 

 

You may Kiss the bride.

 

¡ CONGRATULATIONS!

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                  Tulum,  Quintana Roo. , 2011.

 

 

El C. Oficial 01 del Registro Civil.

 



 

EPISTOLA_EN_INGLES_07.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aurora stated that we can add our own vows at the end.....haha i actually didnt even realize that until i looked back at the email for you..hmm glad i did!! I hope "the end" at least means before the "i do's" part of the ceremony. haha! We dont have our own wording picked out yet but i found this website with a ton of different ceremony ideas but now i cant find it...when i do ill let you know!!

Originally Posted by carrieb258 View Post

 

That's fantastic thanks Ashley will definitely take your advice on the room upgrade. When Aurora says add to what does she mean - before? After? During? Do you know?  What are you planning on doing in your ceremony? I would really like to add in our own vows and a few readings, just not sure if it will be possible. 

 

Wow your wedding is really soon i bet you are really excited  - would love to hear how it all goes? 
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×