Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Thanks everyone for your sweet compliments!  I will be posting my review soon, probably this weekend, trying to make it very throughout and match up good pictures.

 

Ashley- I got my chair sashes at http://www.weddinglinensdirect.com/8xorsatu.html

They are 8x108 Organza Sash -      50585                    8 x $5.90
Turquoise50585(10pcs/pk)

Super great deal!

I actually don't know the beach name of where we did our TTD pictures. I'll have to ask our photographer. But I do know it was a cenote/beach about 5 minutes north of Dreams Tulum. You pay a small fee to use the beach and cenote. It was super gorgeous.  The sand was craaazzzzy soft. Loved it.

 

DanniS- I actually requested the canopy to be set up like that :) A little difference than their usual fare. My flowers were part of the package (I think usually they do these very tropical flowers/lilies x 3), but I'm super allergic to lillies and I wanted something different and more classic looking. The tulle setup was $60, since they had to wrap it around the legs. Chump change! And then I had 2 bags of purple rose petals thrown down the aisle, and those were $18 each. I think I would do 4 bags if I had to do it again (my wedding coordinator said the standard was 20 bags!!! boy am i cheap!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your wedding looked amazing! Thank you for sharing your slideshows... you are glowing in the all pictures!!
 

Originally Posted by OceanWonderland View Post

Thanks everyone for your sweet compliments!  I will be posting my review soon, probably this weekend, trying to make it very throughout and match up good pictures.

 

Ashley- I got my chair sashes at http://www.weddinglinensdirect.com/8xorsatu.html

They are 8x108 Organza Sash -      50585                    8 x $5.90
Turquoise50585(10pcs/pk)

Super great deal!

I actually don't know the beach name of where we did our TTD pictures. I'll have to ask our photographer. But I do know it was a cenote/beach about 5 minutes north of Dreams Tulum. You pay a small fee to use the beach and cenote. It was super gorgeous.  The sand was craaazzzzy soft. Loved it.

 

DanniS- I actually requested the canopy to be set up like that :) A little difference than their usual fare. My flowers were part of the package (I think usually they do these very tropical flowers/lilies x 3), but I'm super allergic to lillies and I wanted something different and more classic looking. The tulle setup was $60, since they had to wrap it around the legs. Chump change! And then I had 2 bags of purple rose petals thrown down the aisle, and those were $18 each. I think I would do 4 bags if I had to do it again (my wedding coordinator said the standard was 20 bags!!! boy am i cheap!).



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OceanWonderland and barbiegirl... you both look fantastic!  Less than a month to go for us... 10 Mar cheers.gif

 

I was wondering if any of you (at DT now or fairly recently) could shed some light on questions are guests are starting to ask.  Most of us are coming from the UK and will need to exchange currency.  Some of our guests are being told not to get dollars as it's more encouraged and preferential to use pesos.  We were there in 2006 and found that just about everybody accepted... even preferred dollars.  What would you recommend?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have traveled to the area many times and have never exchanged money.  They gladly accept the US dollar everywhere we went--most even preferred it.   I'm not sure about UK currency.   When down there, if you do decide to go with pesos, be careful where you do your exchange at.  Maybe google current exchange rates first--have heard of many people getting ripped off. 
 

Originally Posted by LaLastMinute View Post

OceanWonderland and barbiegirl... you both look fantastic!  Less than a month to go for us... 10 Mar cheers.gif

 

I was wondering if any of you (at DT now or fairly recently) could shed some light on questions are guests are starting to ask.  Most of us are coming from the UK and will need to exchange currency.  Some of our guests are being told not to get dollars as it's more encouraged and preferential to use pesos.  We were there in 2006 and found that just about everybody accepted... even preferred dollars.  What would you recommend?

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For any past brides....do you have a link to your wedding video you can share?  I contacted the videographer for a sample video she said they only have one and the link she sent me doesn't exist....her response was oh sorry.  Wow thanks that helps a lot, lol.  Just trying to see what it's like we are thinking about hiring Mike Cantrell instead for our video also so we can have more than just our ceremony and possibly do a live video feed for our family that are unable to attend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're off to Mexico tomorrow for our wedding on the 19th!  Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice (OceanWonderland and barbiegirl_27, you two were LIFESAVERS for me!) and I'll be sure to pass on some updates for the future brides when we are back. 

 

12 hours to go!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Have fun!! And congrats! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about your beautiful wedding when you return!
 

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

We're off to Mexico tomorrow for our wedding on the 19th!  Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice (OceanWonderland and barbiegirl_27, you two were LIFESAVERS for me!) and I'll be sure to pass on some updates for the future brides when we are back. 

 

12 hours to go!  :D



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Veronica,

 

A friend of mine just got back from her wedding there and I saw her video that they did.  It was much longer than I thought, about 30mins.  The first few minutes were just shots around the resort followed by them videotaping the photo session she had before the ceremony.  Then they did the ceremony and then just had video of them while they were taking pictures.  And that was about it.  I'm wondering how it's going to work if you bring in an outside photographer though.  Is he still going to follow you around and videotape while you take your pictures? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×