Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb0902 View Post
Just an FYI - I wouldn't count on candles for any kind of light... we had pillar candles inside hurricane glasses and those wouldn't even stay lit (they put dessert plate on top of them, so they were lit but didn't help the "look"... haha). It's just so windy that they just don't stay lit. Exposed candles like tealights would have no chance!
Oh geez... I was concerned about the wind, so I thought if I put the tea lights in glass holders they would stay lit... guess not. I don't want to get battery operated lights, thats cheesey. Oh I don't know what to do then!!! yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernflasher View Post
Hi, we are having the chapel for our ceremony and our reception on the beach. We have chosen the wine cellar as our bad weather location ( god willing NOOOOOO!) We are doing the cocktail hour poss in the courtyard outside the chapel and this is also where we will do our first dance before dinner cos we are doing a salsa routine that is hard enough anyway without having the joys of sand to deal with!!! We will then just dance barefoot in the sand for the reception.

I just thought I should give you a heads up in terms of your first dance they have a strict no music, no dancing policy for the wine cellar so you will def have to do your first dance before you go to dinner during your cocktail hour or later on in the disco.

Hope this helps.
You can also have the wedding in the ballrooms. That is where my wedding was and it was so noice not to worry about rain! plus we had our cocktail hour outside the ballroom that is outside but under a cover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if any of you that have already been to Tulum know of a good place to buy maracas. It's what we plan on using as table favors but I think I would much rather get them while I'm down there rather than have one more thing I need to figure out how to pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post
I was wondering if any of you that have already been to Tulum know of a good place to buy maracas. It's what we plan on using as table favors but I think I would much rather get them while I'm down there rather than have one more thing I need to figure out how to pack.
Hi!
I know you are asking where to buy in Mexico, but if you cannot find a place, I am ordering Maracas from Party supplies, crafts, party decorations, toys: Oriental Trading. They have a couple of different styles.
=)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

 

Does anyone know of good decoration rental/wedding coordinators for Dreams Tulum? I currently have the silver package and all the adds-on are getting really expensive! I tried to downgrade my meal to the $20 menu to lower the cost of having extra guests but I was told that they don't serve the restaurant menu for wedding?! Did I ask for the wrong thing? Do you guys know of any outside vendor fee (vendors other than photographers)?

 

Chair bows... I'm looking for 20 chair bows for the ceremony...in either blue (tiffany or slightly darker) or chocolate brown... where can I find them?

 

Drapes/Fabics for the gazebo... Is anyone selling theirs or giving it away (good karma! I'll be sure to pass it on when I'm done too =D )? How did you guys make yours? I'm completely lost.

 

Thanks so much everyone! My wedding is in ~75 days and am starting to get stressed!!! =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisgirl View Post
Hi ladies,

Does anyone know of good decoration rental/wedding coordinators for Dreams Tulum? I currently have the silver package and all the adds-on are getting really expensive! I tried to downgrade my meal to the $20 menu to lower the cost of having extra guests but I was told that they don't serve the restaurant menu for wedding?! Did I ask for the wrong thing? Do you guys know of any outside vendor fee (vendors other than photographers)?

Chair bows... I'm looking for 20 chair bows for the ceremony...in either blue (tiffany or slightly darker) or chocolate brown... where can I find them?

Drapes/Fabics for the gazebo... Is anyone selling theirs or giving it away (good karma! I'll be sure to pass it on when I'm done too =D )? How did you guys make yours? I'm completely lost.

Thanks so much everyone! My wedding is in ~75 days and am starting to get stressed!!! =(
Hey.
I'm actually getting married may 14th at DT. I have chocolate tool for bows for the chairs maybe we can both use them. Ill write u later when I get off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisgirl View Post
Hi ladies,

Does anyone know of good decoration rental/wedding coordinators for Dreams Tulum? I currently have the silver package and all the adds-on are getting really expensive! I tried to downgrade my meal to the $20 menu to lower the cost of having extra guests but I was told that they don't serve the restaurant menu for wedding?! Did I ask for the wrong thing? Do you guys know of any outside vendor fee (vendors other than photographers)?

Chair bows... I'm looking for 20 chair bows for the ceremony...in either blue (tiffany or slightly darker) or chocolate brown... where can I find them?

Drapes/Fabics for the gazebo... Is anyone selling theirs or giving it away (good karma! I'll be sure to pass it on when I'm done too =D )? How did you guys make yours? I'm completely lost.

Thanks so much everyone! My wedding is in ~75 days and am starting to get stressed!!! =(

For chair bows I'm getting mine from tablecloths-chair covers- table linens-sashes wholesaler and just taking them down with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've been around here. I must be honest and say as time goes on (in a month i'll be celebrating my 2 year wedding anniversary) I'm much less committed than I used to be to updating the thread. It's very time consuming. That being said, I do have all the information saved in a document (all the brides who've posted their dates and other info) and I do hope to find a couple hours really soon to update the bride list and review links.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb0902 View Post
Just an FYI - I wouldn't count on candles for any kind of light... we had pillar candles inside hurricane glasses and those wouldn't even stay lit (they put dessert plate on top of them, so they were lit but didn't help the "look"... haha). It's just so windy that they just don't stay lit. Exposed candles like tealights would have no chance!
But were your candle holders a lot higher than the flame? I think most brides have said as long as your flame is well protected within the holder (i.e. the flame is a few inches from the top of the candle holder) the wind won't affect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Hi guys! It's been a while since I've been around here. I must be honest and say as time goes on (in a month i'll be celebrating my 2 year wedding anniversary) I'm much less committed than I used to be to updating the thread. It's very time consuming. That being said, I do have all the information saved in a document (all the brides who've posted their dates and other info) and I do hope to find a couple hours really soon to update the bride list and review links.



But were your candle holders a lot higher than the flame? I think most brides have said as long as your flame is well protected within the holder (i.e. the flame is a few inches from the top of the candle holder) the wind won't affect it.

I thought that a few inches would be enough for the candle to stay lit, but they still didn't - here's a pic-----

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisgirl View Post
Hi ladies,

Does anyone know of good decoration rental/wedding coordinators for Dreams Tulum? I currently have the silver package and all the adds-on are getting really expensive! I tried to downgrade my meal to the $20 menu to lower the cost of having extra guests but I was told that they don't serve the restaurant menu for wedding?! Did I ask for the wrong thing? Do you guys know of any outside vendor fee (vendors other than photographers)?

Chair bows... I'm looking for 20 chair bows for the ceremony...in either blue (tiffany or slightly darker) or chocolate brown... where can I find them?

Drapes/Fabics for the gazebo... Is anyone selling theirs or giving it away (good karma! I'll be sure to pass it on when I'm done too =D )? How did you guys make yours? I'm completely lost.

Thanks so much everyone! My wedding is in ~75 days and am starting to get stressed!!! =(

I am bringing down turquoise organza chair sashes as well as turquoise tulle for the gazebo.

Let me know if your interested and I will leave them with the WC since I'm only getting married a couple of weeks before you. FYI, I'm not sure if the tulle is going to be in good condition after the ceremony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×