SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen2009 View Post
We've hired a DJ for our reception but not sure what we are going to do for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I was interested in the violionist or guiterist for the ceremony. However, I'd like to have someone that could play for the ceremony and play for the cocktail hour. Anyone have any suggestions?
We are going to use the mexican trio for the cocktail hour since they are part of the package. I am also considering using the guitarist or violinst for the ceremony, but I don't know if either will be heard over the sound of the ocean and wind.

Why don't you make a playlist on your ipod and use that for the cocktail hour? You won't need to create an extensive list since it will only be played for a short time.

Which DJ did you hire? I am still thinking about using one, right now we are planning on using our ipod.

Hi ladies, I haven't forgotten to write my review! I will be on holidays next week, lounging at a cottage, while my DH participates in his saxophone retreat (I tease him and call it "band camp"!) so I'll have free time to write it up and post upon my return :-)

Sorry for the delay...

Chantal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
I am also considering using the guitarist or violinst for the ceremony, but I don't know if either will be heard over the sound of the ocean and wind.
I don't think this would be an issue. Teh waves and wind drown out the sound of a voice, but the instruments are much lounder than a voice. I think either of these would be beautiful for the ceremony if you have the budget.

Iâ€d rather live music for the ceremony than the sound system. Iâ€m having the ceremony in the chapel so the waves wonâ€t be an issue. I assuming my only choices would be the guitarist or violinist. I wonder if the Caribbean trio could play something appropriate for the ceremony than play lively music for the cocktail hour.

I definitely prefer the live music for the ceremony also. I had emailed Landy about what songs the guitarist and violinst play, but she said they are outside providers so she had no idea.

Have any past brides used either of these musicians and what songs did they play or did you request?

We thought about using the violinist for our ceremony, and the cost was $400 USD so we opted to just use our iPod with selected songs. Turned out great nonetheless!

Chantal

i am also thinking about an excursion and offering to pay for a shuttle to cancun and everyone can pay for the cruise to Isla Mujeres. Has anyone priced that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
Well I already sent out my invitations and didn't mention the excursion on them. I can only do this if 40-45 guests go, anymore than that and I think it will be out of my budget. I also haven't announced it to any guests in case I can't afford to do it. Once I get a good idea of how many people are going then I will start to spread the news.
Jerzygirl -
I sent out STD emails but not my invites yet. Like you, I am waiting for a total head count before saying anything to anyone to make sure it is in the budget. What is your plan b?

On a different note.... Aurora responded to my request in under 24 hours to schedule a date and time for a meeting with her on October 2! I still haven't figured out if she is a coordinator or not.... does anyone know for sure??

Amy