Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

THanks Ladies!

 

I am super excited about winning the photo contest with Rafa & you know I'll definetely post pics when we get back!

 

Can't wait!!!

 

Laura thewave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
but as for the music, it's such a small space that you wouldn't need an entire sound system, I agree with rachelannmartin that a laptop or ipod dock (which they supply in the rooms, just bring your own batteries) would work best.

Hopefully somebody finds out more info about this option soon.
I really like the ipod idea!!! seeing as the my playlist is already on there...thanks Stephanie! :)

Has anyone done this?

What size batteries do you remember the docking station needing??

many THANKS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
SunBride--when you say $45 cab ride to PDC--is that for a cab with 3-4 people? Or do you know how that $45 is broken down? It's not per person is it? Thanks so much.
Yeah it's 45$ for the full car (not per person) so you could split the cost between a few people.

Some tour groups also organize bar hoping tours so you could do one of those too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
I really like the ipod idea!!! seeing as the my playlist is already on there...thanks Stephanie! :) Has anyone done this? What size batteries do you remember the docking station needing?? many THANKS!!!
Yes many other people have used the ipod docking station.

I'm pretty sure I noticed it takes either C or D batteries. Maybe somebody else can confirm for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies! My FH would like to organize a golf outing for he and his buddies? Has anyone done this? Does anyone know what golf course is closest to the resort? I know there is one at the Fairmont Mayakoba but that is quite a ways away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Hi Ladies! My FH would like to organize a golf outing for he and his buddies? Has anyone done this? Does anyone know what golf course is closest to the resort? I know there is one at the Fairmont Mayakoba but that is quite a ways away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
I did extensive research on all the golf courses and put all the info in my newsletter. If you don't have a copy yet, there are instructions for downloading in on the first page in the member contributions section (I couldn't attach it here because it's too big)

I found that some of the info in that other pdf document about the resort isn't quite accurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey ladies...during my meeting with Landy she told me to put together a song list for the DJ to play at my reception. sounds easy, but actually I'm finding it kind of difficult. so...looking for some help. i want to play nice, mellow, slow music from 6:30-8pm during dinner, then need a cake cutting song, and then dance music. was thinking we'd try to play the wedding songs of our guests during the dinner hour, so that will require some research on my part, but would love suggestions for the rest of the list/night. can anyone get me started? TIA!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
hey ladies...during my meeting with Landy she told me to put together a song list for the DJ to play at my reception. sounds easy, but actually I'm finding it kind of difficult. so...looking for some help. i want to play nice, mellow, slow music from 6:30-8pm during dinner, then need a cake cutting song, and then dance music. was thinking we'd try to play the wedding songs of our guests during the dinner hour, so that will require some research on my part, but would love suggestions for the rest of the list/night. can anyone get me started? TIA!!!
Ohh, love the idea of playing your guests' wedding songs! That's awesome. As for the rest, I can't help in that area, but why not check other parts of the forum since it's not really a question specific to DT. I know I've seen a bunch of other threads about wedding music before. Just a suggestion in case you don't get enough responses here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
hey ladies...during my meeting with Landy she told me to put together a song list for the DJ to play at my reception. sounds easy, but actually I'm finding it kind of difficult. so...looking for some help. i want to play nice, mellow, slow music from 6:30-8pm during dinner, then need a cake cutting song, and then dance music. was thinking we'd try to play the wedding songs of our guests during the dinner hour, so that will require some research on my part, but would love suggestions for the rest of the list/night. can anyone get me started? TIA!!!
I know what you mean, I started my music list too, and it is soooo hard. I realized that a lot of the songs I was adding are songs I like but are not what I was really looking for in music for dinner and reception. I googled beach wedding playlists and am going through all of those for ideas. I really like your idea of playing the guests wedding songs and maybe have each guest suggest a song they like as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×